+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Default How quick can A+ exams be scheduled?

I will be studying for both A+ exams (220-901/902) and plan to take the 901 in the beginning of March. Depending on if I pass the 901, I'll schedule the 902. How quick can exams be scheduled? Can I schedule an exam to be taken eg. 2 days after I schedule it?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+ce, Server+, Project+, MCSA Server 2008, CCENT, CCNA R&S, CEHv8, CHFIv8, CCNA Security
    When you contact the testing center either online or by phone (my preferred method because I'm friends with the owner), it tells you the availability based on their schedule. It is largely based on their availability, because they have to be able to proctor everyone that is currently testing. Historically I've been given very quick turnarounds. You just have to be aware of the cancellation policy: they require at least 24 hours in advance, otherwise you forfeit a refund for rescheduling.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member
    Got it. Thank you.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCENT, Linux+, Security+, Network+, A+
    CompTIA exams can be scheduled the night before as the test centers sync and download exams in the morning each day. This, of course, depends on the availability of seats for that testing center. Also, many testing centers will let you walk-in for CompTIA exams on slow days. You will have to wait around 30 minutes for the test center to register and download the exam.

The above were true two years ago when I worked as a proctor for PearsonVue testing center. YMMV.
    2017 Goals: [CCNA Security] [WGU BSITSEC] [JNCIA]
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ Net+ | Sec+ | MCTS: Win 7 MCP | MTA NF | MTA OSF
    You can do it the following day. I did my A+ as an apprenticeship course and beat both exams within 3 weeks of intense study.
    Currently working at: MCSA: Windows 10 (70-698, 70-697)
    2018/2019 Goals: MCSE: Mobility, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, RHCSA

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." - Anon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member Registered Member
    I was able to schedule both A+ exams the night before and took them back to back with no issues
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks