+ Reply to Thread
  1. Member

Default Basic, Deluxe, Premier?

I want to take the A+ cert just so I can say I have one. But I'm lost on the CompTIA website. If I get the basic test voucher is that only good for one test. I won't get a retake? Or are retakes included in every package? What's the point to Premier and Deluxe if I am refreshing by myself and have 3 years experience in the field? I've already looked at a bunch of practice questions, including the practice test on this site and I passed without even studying.

So I'm wondering if the basic would be good enough?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS

Certifications
    CySA+, LFCS, GCIH, eJPT, CCNA, CAPM, CompTIA Trifecta
    Looks like basic is just one shot at the exam. You might need two though as the A+ is a two-part cert.
    Looks like the deluxe gives you 1 free retake and then access to their web-based training. I've heard it isn't that great but never used it myself.
    Looks like premier gives you the same as deluxe for for $85 more and then you get $100 store credit.

None of it will matter once you're certified.
    2018: CCNA Cyber Ops cohort 7
    2019: OSCP | CISSP or CISA
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yoba222 View Post
    Looks like basic is just one shot at the exam. You might need two though as the A+ is a two-part cert.
    Looks like the deluxe gives you 1 free retake and then access to their web-based training. I've heard it isn't that great but never used it myself.
    Looks like premier gives you the same as deluxe for for $85 more and then you get $100 store credit.

None of it will matter once you're certified.
    Yeah, I heard about them yelling at you that you have to buy two. I shooting for next weekend, but I'm quite confident due to my work experience that I won't have to study/review much. I know i just have to study the obscure names and technical terms and I should be good.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member
    I tend to like the Deluxe because knowing I have another retake was the big thing that relaxed me enough to do well on the 901. If I only had one shot, I would have studied a lot longer for the test.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks