+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A+ 902 failure

1. Junior Member Registered Member

Default A+ 902 failure

I just failed my A+ 902 for the third time. I scored 641 3 times. Everyone at the school can't believe I got the same score each time. I'm stumped on what I should do to prep for a re-exam. I have the sybex A+ book i used at my school, I have mike Myers book and I have 5 different A+ apps on my android phone. I missed a lot of scenario questions. I just completed the CST program at TTY career college. Its a 5 month course that is broken up into 5 areas - IT fundamentals, A+ 901, A+ 902, Network +, MCSO Windows 10. I have 2 out of the 5 certifications #1. IT Fundamentals, #2 A+ 901. What should I do? Audit the 902 class, use different books or apps, go to a different school, or try to get an IT job with just the 2 certs I have right now. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012/2016, BTEC Level 2 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
    Damn, that's some bad luck you're having.

I believe you still need to pass 902 to get your A+ Certification. On your score report, does it tell you where you are struggling? That might help us get an understanding of where you need to work on.
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016
    Studying: Exam 70-698: Installing and Configuring Windows 10
    Want: MCSA: Windows 10, MCSA: Office 365, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (Exam 70-744: Securing Windows Server 2016), Network+, Security+
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Security+, Network+, Server+
    You need to study more. Obviously whatever materials you're using are not working. If you are having trouble with A+ it's only going to get harder once you enter the work field.
    Last edited by mikey88; 10-04-2017 at 03:30 PM.
    2017 Goals: Security+ [] Server+ []
    2018 Goals: CCNA Cyber Ops, Security[ ] CISSP [ ]
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. There is no spoon. p@r0tuXus's Avatar

Certifications
    ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCNA
    Ouch. I get that the struggle is real. Sorry for your misfortune. Do yourself a favor and go here: https://www.professormesser.com/

Watch the free videos, then I'd recommend buying the study notes. He's outdone himself with those and it's a lot of content to cover, but he does it well. Total cost to you, $10. Good luck on Try #4!

Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. cdx

Certifications
    GSEC, CCNA Security, CCNA R&S, CCENT, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MTA
    I would advise different study materials. Professor Messer is an excellent resource for A+ along with the A+ Examcram book (you can get this on Amazon). It also comes with a handy cheat sheet.
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member
    I failed mine too and I'm currently studying to take it again. What chapters in the Mike Myers book did you study for the 902 exam? I obviously don't want to read the whole book and relearn info that I already passed in the 901 exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member
    Too add to my above post...Part 2 of the Mike Myers book on operating system technologies (chapters 16-21) is basically all the info for 902 exam, correct? I just received this book and I'm making sure the info for the two exams isn't scattered throughout the whole book.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member
    Any of you nerds have an answer for me?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member
    Duqnno. I didn't use the Mike Meyers book. I used ExamCram and uCertify.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    ITIL Foundation
    Quote Originally Posted by cdx View Post
    I would advise different study materials. Professor Messer is an excellent resource for A+ along with the A+ Examcram book (you can get this on Amazon). It also comes with a handy cheat sheet.
    i agree with this comment made by *cdx*
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks