+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Red face Realistic? Take before end of the year...

Thursday I was told that my job description (Network Administrator) is being altered to include requiring the A+ tech certification and that I have 90 days to obtain the certification.

A bit about me, prior Navy (11 years), Network LAN/WAN administrator since 1998 (Unix, Linux, Windows (all versions.) I also have my CISSP and have worked in the security field for many years.

Computers are also my hobby, between building machines... doing a lot with Linux, and Windows (server, and desktop.)

I'm approaching this A+ tech certification going through all the material on Dr. Messer's site, additionally I purchased last year a subscription to Careeracademy and am going through it also. Additionally I have purchased the Mike Meyers Comptia A+ all in one-exam guide off of Amazon.

Not sitting on my butt walking into it thinking that I've got XX number of years, because I don't want to be blind-sided by something that I should have known.

I believe this is the right approach for me, would like to know anyone's thoughts.

Any CBTs that better than any other for exam prep?

I also have a lab with everything from Windows (server/desktop), MAC (desktop) , and Linux (server/desktop).
    Have little to no experience with Android, but have a lot of experience with Apple Phones.

Thanks in advance...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. Junior Member
    People here will likely tell you to buy David Prowse's Exam Cram book. It also comes with a cd with test exams and what not. I'm currently using it to study with as we speak.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks