+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm nervous ...

1. Junior Member

Default I'm nervous ...

I stumbled onto this website about 2 hours before my A+ Core exam. If I knew about it before, I guarantee I would pass. I scored a 509! That isnt what bugs me. What bugs me is that I went to change an answer, and i changed a right for a wrong! At least 2 times I did that! I already passed my OS portion, and this is all Im waiting on.

I have every TechNote on this website printed out, and I am studying them non-stop (even though I could study more.) My next test is on the 16th of this month. Anyone know where I can get some practice exams that are free (besides the one on this website)? I already have Course Technology and Cert Blaster, but I need more.

If anyone reads this, thanks for letting me vent. It sucks when I am struggling like this, and no one around me can relate. Im the only one I know of around here going for my A+. Thanks for the website, and I will be certified like you all on the 16th!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Alligator wrestler Moderator Plantwiz's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, iNET+, MCP, CST, CNST, CIW
    Congratulations on your first 1/2 of your A+.

Feel free to vent when needed and if you have questions on specific topics post them in the forum

Good luck on the 16th!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member
    I am buying two books:

A+ Certification Study Guide by Michael Pastore (2003) &
    A+ Certification by Michael Meyers (2002)

Do you think these are good books? I've heard a lot about the Meyers book. Thanks for your input!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Comptia A+, Network+, CCENT, CCNA R+S, ITIL Foundations
    in my opinion the michael meyers book is a bible for the a+, and if you get the all in one version it comes with a practice exam cd-rom

good luck on the 16th, let us know how you get on
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Alligator wrestler Moderator Plantwiz's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow1480
    I am buying two books:

A+ Certification Study Guide by Michael Pastore (2003) &
    A+ Certification by Michael Meyers (2002)

Do you think these are good books? I've heard a lot about the Meyers book. Thanks for your input!

Well, I think you can find a more recent copy of Meyer's book, but I'd recommend any generation of Meyer's A+. Michael Pastore....I've only glanced at the book in a store one time, I wasn't overly impressed, but it doesn't mean it is not a good book. 2 sources are ALWAYS better then 1 source (provided they are good sources ).

I don't know you'll get 'bad' info from the Pastore book, but I've like Meyer's style, so it's almost like a Coke vs. Pep$i thing....IF I bother to drink soda today (rarely do)...I'll go for Coke brand products and avoid Pep$i.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, UNIX Administrator, CCNA
    Wish you the best
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member
    I have another question. I passed my OS part in October. Is there a expiration period? If I pass on the 16th, then it took me almost 4 months to pass both. i think im good, but you guys know more than me. thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Alligator wrestler Moderator Plantwiz's Avatar

Certifications
    You'll want to check your profile history with Comptia. I am pretty sure you have 90 days to pass both exams to be considered 'Certified". The certification doesn't expire, but the two exams did need to be completed in a timely fashion.

If it was 4 months between exams, I'd look at your profile and see how it records your exams. Maybe they've extended it?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member
    Ok. I went onto their website and this is what I found.

Q: To earn my CompTIA A+ credential, do I need to pass the two exams within a specified number of days?

Answer:
    No, there is no specified number of days within which you must pass the CompTIA A+ exams

I think that means Im good. And I hope so because I think I just had a heart attack!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Alligator wrestler Moderator Plantwiz's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow1480
    Ok. I went onto their website and this is what I found.

Q: To earn my CompTIA A+ credential, do I need to pass the two exams within a specified number of days?

Answer:
    No, there is no specified number of days within which you must pass the CompTIA A+ exams

I think that means Im good. And I hope so because I think I just had a heart attack!

Interesting. Well, good for you!

(going to check this out, as I wonder if this applies to the new objectives or the old too).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks