+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    Expert Rating Certified Professional, BrainBench Certified Professional Tech, Computer Forensics, and Tech Support (and working on CompTIA A+ ATM)

Default I/O Base Addressess, DMA's, IRQ's, ETC.....

Anyone got any good ways for memorizing these? These have become a big issue for me and I would appreciate any tips the rest of you who have been around the block might have.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Alligator wrestler Moderator Plantwiz's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, iNET+, MCP, CST, CNST, CIW
    The more you use them the more familar they will be. Do you have a practice lab?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    Expert Rating Certified Professional, BrainBench Certified Professional Tech, Computer Forensics, and Tech Support (and working on CompTIA A+ ATM)
    Regretably...no i dont. I've heard someone mention virtual labs.....????
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Alligator wrestler Moderator Plantwiz's Avatar

Certifications
    VMware or VIrtual PC are both good choices. For practice with the physcial, I'd recommend having some older PII/PIII (or better, just not necessary) PCs so you can get familiar with different components and such.

The more you can DO outside a book, the better the book will help you prepare (IMNSHO).
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Certifications
    Man, I really feel stupid.....I cant even get Virtual PC working right....lol..... how can I expect to pass A+
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Alligator wrestler Moderator Plantwiz's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Practiced2Death
    Man, I really feel stupid.....I cant even get Virtual PC working right....lol..... how can I expect to pass A+
    What isn't working?

You need the application (guessing you are that far)
    Install it
    Load the various OS (so you will need to have a copy of the ones you want to run, free 120-day trials are always helpful if you don't have old copies laying around).

Depending on your system, you may find it easier to load a virtual CD to load the apps from.
    Plantwiz
    _____

Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member

Certifications
    ok...perhaps i am more scared than anything......

ATM, I am attempting to install Win 2000 Pro in Virtual PC.....

I am at the point where I need to determine if I need to make a partition or not......

the question is......is this actualy going to occur "virtually" ... or am I going to end up formating my hard drive?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Alligator wrestler Moderator Plantwiz's Avatar

Certifications
    No it won't format your drive...it's preparing a file that VMWare will treat as a virtual drive.

Don't worry, it can be a little unnerving the first time through....always nice if you have a spare box to 'test' new things on so you don't trash your main system.
    Plantwiz
    _____

Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks