+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10

    Certifications
    A+
    #1

    Default 655-- passing score 675

    I scored 655...passing score - 675.Damn! didn't know the Exam was more than knowing the names & usability of processors and ports and pins...lol. this if for every newcomer. Don't make the same mistake I did.

    I saw questions on wiressless networking 802.11g. I didn't expect that. I even saw questions on fire extinguisher (ClassA, B &C) can u believe that?

    They also asked what ESD is going to damage - processor or sound card.. I Thought they were both open to damage.

    I'm going to focus on system upgrade and commandlines and file types cause that was where I screwed up the most. they asked about registry- user.da0

    please share your views with me.

    Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. coffee all day everyday. nicklauscombs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    881

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA: Security, JNCIA-FWV, JNCIA-SSL, MCP, A+, Network+, Security+, CNSS 4011
    #2
    if you were surprised by some questions definitely goto CompTIA's website and download the current exam objectives and use those to brush up on topics, you will nail it next time!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Sie
    Sie is offline
    Running on caffine
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    1,207

    Certifications
    ADITP (Advanced Diploma for IT Practitioners) & MCSA (70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-299) | Currently working towards C|EH
    #3
    Sorry to hear you failed but you sound like you know the areas you are missing knowledge on.

    As suggested above download the exam objectives and find out what else you are missing:

    http://certification.comptia.org/res...bjectives.aspx

    What study materials etc are you using?

    Good luck for your next attempt
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10

    Certifications
    A+
    #4

    Default thanks buddies

    I'm using Comptia A+ Essentials by mike meyers copyright 2007. doesn't really say much about 802.11a/b/g and fire extinguishers..lol people have been praising the book. maybe I'm missing something.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Senior Member jryantech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    557

    Certifications
    A+, VPS, MCDST (70-271)
    #5

    Default Re: thanks buddies

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyogi
    I'm using Comptia A+ Essentials by mike meyers copyright 2007. doesn't really say much about 802.11a/b/g and fire extinguishers..lol people have been praising the book. maybe I'm missing something.
    All-in-one!!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    213
    #6

    Default Re: thanks buddies

    Quote Originally Posted by jryantech
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyogi
    I'm using Comptia A+ Essentials by mike meyers copyright 2007. doesn't really say much about 802.11a/b/g and fire extinguishers..lol people have been praising the book. maybe I'm missing something.
    All-in-one!!!!!!
    But Comptia A+ Essentials by Mike Meyers is his recent published book 2007.

    Is All-In-One really that good? it was published a few years ago...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10

    Certifications
    A+
    #7

    Default comptia press

    comptia press: that's the real material....it covered everything I saw in the Exam..nobody does it better than the Exam makers...I discovered that when I was trying to take my first MCSE Exam. MS press is the best 4 MCSE too..lol
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Password Reset Refuser
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    43

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security +, MCTS: Vista, MCP 70-290
    #8

    Default Re: 655-- passing score 675

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyogi
    I scored 655...passing score - 675.Damn! didn't know the Exam was more than knowing the names & usability of processors and ports and pins...lol. this if for every newcomer. Don't make the same mistake I did.

    I saw questions on wiressless networking 802.11g. I didn't expect that. I even saw questions on fire extinguisher (ClassA, B &C) can u believe that?

    They also asked what ESD is going to damage - processor or sound card.. I Thought they were both open to damage.

    I'm going to focus on system upgrade and commandlines and file types cause that was where I screwed up the most. they asked about registry- user.da0

    please share your views with me.

    Thanks!
    Thanks for the advice, I take my exam tomorrow and until I read your post I had the same mindset that you had... Maybe I'll reschedule and brush some more on my text..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Stop,Collaborate + Listen LarryDaMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC Suburbs
    Posts
    792

    Certifications
    CISSP, CISA, PMP, FITSP-M, Security+, Network+, A+, (expired: CCNA, CCENT)
    #9

    Default Re: comptia press

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyogi
    comptia press: that's the real material....it covered everything I saw in the Exam..nobody does it better than the Exam makers...I discovered that when I was trying to take my first MCSE Exam. MS press is the best 4 MCSE too..lol
    The comptia press books are too dry and wordy in my opinion, they are better used as reference and not as exam prep. You can't go wrong with Mike Meyer's stuff. The real question is why anyone would go take an exam without knowing exactly what is covered on the exam? Hopefully someone else paid for it!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Mr. Wireless
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Memphis TN
    Posts
    4

    Certifications
    A+
    #10

    Default A+ Certs

    Get some good books from your favorite book place. Check out the ratings off the books first online. I spent 2 weeks reading and taking practice exams (helps) and just took the A+ Essentials and IT Tech option. Passed Essentials with 840 score and IT Tech with 839. I do have a bit of experience which helps a lot but the books will get you started
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks