+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Results 26 to 32 of 32
  1. Member burner27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    75

    Certifications
    MCP, MCP+I, MCSE NT4, A+, Network+, Security+
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by eljunbo809 View Post
    Hey Thank you Man That what you wrote is great, So what i learn from what you wrote base on my understanding is that look at all you went thru you had a degree and than decided to go into the it department and you went to school for 1.25 yr to finish that certificate the MCSE. so the moral of this is that base on my understanding College Degree Is not that important, and also the knowledge and skills that you develop that is what counts. thank you all this people had me scare saying for me to go to school and finish a 2 or 4 year degree and that is something i don't want to do, I rather last 1 year taking a good certificate course and try to volunteer somewhere or accept a low offer paying job as a help desk where i could add many months of experience and then try to find me something that i could have my own apartment car raise my kids the proper way. Hopefully God Give me the strength's and motivation to accomplish this. THANK YOU
    A 2 or 4 year degree IS very important. You misinterpreted what I was trying to say. Your education is very important. I finished college, attempted grad school and then went on and got my MCSE. Never did I stop learning. If you want something bad enough you will have to work for it. Don't take the easy route. No one will take you seriously in the professional world without a college degree (mostly).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Member burner27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    75

    Certifications
    MCP, MCP+I, MCSE NT4, A+, Network+, Security+
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue2shadow View Post
    Well spoken
    Congrats on getting the CCENT. I was wondering how hard that is compared to the Network+? What materials did you use to study?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    23
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by burner27 View Post
    A 2 or 4 year degree IS very important. You misinterpreted what I was trying to say. Your education is very important. I finished college, attempted grad school and then went on and got my MCSE. Never did I stop learning. If you want something bad enough you will have to work for it. Don't take the easy route. No one will take you seriously in the professional world without a college degree (mostly).

    Hey man sorry for been so sarcastic so in what way does that 4 year degree that you have help you get your it job? so you telling me because of that you are were you at?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Member burner27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    75

    Certifications
    MCP, MCP+I, MCSE NT4, A+, Network+, Security+
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by eljunbo809 View Post
    Hey man sorry for been so sarcastic so in what way does that 4 year degree that you have help you get your it job? so you telling me because of that you are were you at?
    A 4 year college degree demonstrates that you're serious about your life goals and that you can commit to seeing something through. You should do that first then get your certs.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. .:|:.:|:. Deathgomper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    351

    Certifications
    A+; Network+; Security+; Project+; CCNP
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by burner27 View Post
    A 4 year college degree demonstrates that you're serious about your life goals and that you can commit to seeing something through. You should do that first then get your certs.
    Agree! A 4 year degree is where it's at, especially compared to a 2 year degree (what I have). That is why certs are so important to me in the game of getting started.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Cyber Ninja III rogue2shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    1,498

    Certifications
    CISSP, GXPN, OSCE, OSCP, OSWP, CEH, CNDA, CPT, Security+, Network+, A+
    #31
    Quote Originally Posted by burner27 View Post
    Congrats on getting the CCENT. I was wondering how hard that is compared to the Network+? What materials did you use to study?
    I won't know how hard it is compared to Net+ until June 17 lol. This exam was no joke though. It'll keep you on your toes from the get-go.

    I agree with burner about 4 year degrees.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Member burner27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    75

    Certifications
    MCP, MCP+I, MCSE NT4, A+, Network+, Security+
    #32
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue2shadow View Post
    I won't know how hard it is compared to Net+ until June 17 lol. This exam was no joke though. It'll keep you on your toes from the get-go.

    I agree with burner about 4 year degrees.

    What materials/books/tests did you use to study for the CCENT?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks