+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    CCNA

Default Schedualed 220-701 for thursday!

BTW I thought this exam was 90 minutes. Here it says I have 120 minutes.

Code:
    Candidate:   Jackson, Joel
    Test Series: 220-701 CompTIA A+ Essentials (2009 Edition) Certification Exam - English (ENU)
    Date:        Thursday, April 21, 2011
    Time:        11:00 AM
    Appointment Length (minutes): 120

Testing Location

ECPI College of Technology
    1001 Omni Blvd
    Suite 100, Room 136A
    Newport News VA 23606
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Stor+, Proj+, Lin+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Sec, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP, ITIL
    Good luck on exam!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA
    Thanks! Any idea of how tough" 701 is? I'm not asking you to break NDA and I'm sure "tough" is a relative term here.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MSIS, BSBA in CIS, AAS in Computer Networking, AAS in Business Mgmt, A+, Security+, MCP (70-270), CCENT, CCNA, Cloud+, A+ SME
    The A+ is the first certification that I am attempting. I have 10 yrs of helpdesk, desktop support, and server hardware knowledge and I took a practice test and got about 50% wrong.

I bought a study guide book my Mike Myers (certification passport) and that helped me a lot. I still struggled and was getting around 70% after reading the book and studying. I found that the thing that helped me the most was finding as many practice questions that I could and downloading them and taking tests, then comparing my answers and researching the ones I got wrong.

After that I was getting about 75-77% on all of the practice exams. They are harder than the actual test. On saturday I took the 701 and passed with an 810. So many of the questions are common sense and a lot of them that are tough give 2 totally bogus answers so you have a 50/50 shot of getting it right.

Good luck on your test. I take my next one, the 702 this Saturday.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MSIS, BSBA in CIS, AAS in Computer Networking, AAS in Business Mgmt, A+, Security+, MCP (70-270), CCENT, CCNA, Cloud+, A+ SME
    Also I had 90 minutes. Maybe they gave you 120 to factor in the time it takes to fill out the paperwork when you get there.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA
    Passed with score of 825! Now onto 702 next week.

Study materials used:

*CompTIA A+ 2009 In Depth, 3rd Edition by Jean Andrews

*Professor Messer's Comptia A+ videos.
    *I didn't use any practice exams, I think that would have felt a bit like cheating.
    *Old pentium system system that I could take apart and get hands on(Which by the way in the process of learning, turned into a nifty file server that can be remotely managed)
    Last edited by CodeBlox; 04-21-2011 at 04:49 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, MCTS: Windows 7 – Configuration
    congrats on the pass I have my scheduled for Saturday
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Stor+, Proj+, Lin+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Sec, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP, ITIL
    Congrats on pass!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, MCP/MCTS,ITILv2 , Sec+ , VCA ( DCV & WM )......and miles to go b4 i sleep..
    Congrats Well Done
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Congrats on the pass. I passed mine today as well
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks