+ Reply to Thread
  1. Member

Certifications
    A+, N+, Sec+, MCP NT4, MCTS Configuring Win7, MCITP Enterprise Desktop Administrator, AAS Computer Engineering

Default Does the A+ give you credit for any other exam?

As I posted in the other forums. I am just trying to find out if the A+ gives you credit for towards any other exams (besides microsoft). Trying to make the most of what I already have..that is just my character.

Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
    I haven't found any info saying this was true.

But, subscribed, so I know for sure.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    A+, N+, Sec+, MCP NT4, MCTS Configuring Win7, MCITP Enterprise Desktop Administrator, AAS Computer Engineering
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilry View Post
    I haven't found any info saying this was true.

But, subscribed, so I know for sure.
    huh?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BS: IT, CCNA, CCENT, CCDA, MCTIP:SA, MCTS, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+, CIW Professional
    You might want to check out this site: Electronics technician certification rollovers: ETA International

A + & N+ rollover to CST & CNST.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by snokerpoker View Post
    You might want to check out this site: Electronics technician certification rollovers: ETA International

I will do so, I am an electronic technician already. Would be interesting to see this.

Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, VCP4/5, VCAP5-DCA, C|EH, CCENT
    Quote Originally Posted by 12334 View Post
    As I posted in the other forums. I am just trying to find out if the A+ gives you credit for towards any other exams (besides microsoft). Trying to make the most of what I already have..that is just my character.

Thanks!
    Not sure of other certifications, but WGU will give you college credit towards a Bachelors degree.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    None?

Thanks!
    A+ certification counts as half a course toward your MCSA or MCSE line up. It must be coupled with Network+ for full credit.

Systems Administrator| MCSA | Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCT, A+, Net+, Security+, CASP, SSCP, CISSP, MCSE, MCITP...

Thanks!
    Except for the earlier MCSA/MCSE certifications, I don't know of any other places where the A+ gives you credit.

However, your Security+ certification does give you credit for the (ISC)2 CISSP security certification if choose to pursue that route. Instead of five years experience, you only need four years of experience. https://www.isc2.org/credential_waiver/Default.aspx.

HTH,

Darril Gibson
    Security+ blog
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, Server+, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2008, Google Certified Associate - G Suite Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by snokerpoker View Post

I remember years ago when that started. At the time I rolled over my A+/Net+ to get both the CST and CNST but now they are expired. Did anyone ever find any value in the CST or CNST? I am not trying to bash the certifications but unfortunately I found no value in them.
    Last edited by sthomas; 11-02-2011 at 09:25 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks