+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Default How in depth must I study for A+ 801

How much do I really need to remember for the exam?
    Storage devices: Do I need to know the capacity and speeds of all tape drives?

More importantly for me..., how much information about CPU's and sockets must I know?
    The 801 objectives listed 5 intel sockets and 9 AMD sockets but didn't even mention specific CPU's
    I memorized all 14 sockets and how many pins each one has.
    Do I need to know all CPU's and what sockets they go to? Do I need to know speeds and cache sizes?

I took 4 different practice tests and not a single one even asked anything specific about any CPU or socket.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS

Certifications
    CCNA, CCENT, Project+, Security+, Network+, A+
    I did the 701/702 exams and there were only one or two questions on sockets and CPU's in the exams. I believe that type of question was important for the 600 series exams - there were less of them in the 700 exam series so, if the trend holds true, the 800 series exams should again only have a few such questions.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+
    Read up on mike Meyers a+ prep book. He will literally tell you what is and what isn't important. I'm reading it now and so far its been great.

~Daax~
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, N+, Sec+
    Quote Originally Posted by Daax View Post
    Read up on mike Meyers a+ prep book. He will literally tell you what is and what isn't important. I'm reading it now and so far its been great.

~Daax~
    This is the same book I'm reading and it's very informative.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks