+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+

Wink A+ Complete, Next Up Network+

Hello all, passed the 801 and 802 today...sweet! Now continuing with study on the Network+. With those two certs under the hat, along with a TS clearance and a CS degree, the offers should be rolling in...hopefully. Maybe...I mean, theory to practice, you know...doesn't always go like you planned...lol.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    A+, VCA-DCV, Linux+/LPIC-1, AWS CSA, AWS Dev, AWS SysOps, Project+ [Expired: Net+, Sec+, CCENT, CCNA]
    Congrats on the pass!

Sitting for both exams back to back wasn't hard for you?
    Goals for 2017:
    RHCSA, RHCE, LFCS: Ubuntu | Project+ | AWS Certified DevOps Engineer | Learn Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Golang | Improve Python Programming
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    My mistake. I took the 801 last Saturday and the 802 today. However, only because the testing center allowed exam times from 830-1000. Which upset me because I wanted to take them both the same day. It wasn't difficult at all though, IMO. I studied A LOT though and took every practice exam I could find.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Security+, MCITP: 70-685, ITILv3
    Good job! Hoping to add my name to the 'Finished' column soon too!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

good job, currently working on mine now.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCT, A+, Net+, Security+, CASP, SSCP, CISSP, MCSE, MCITP...
    Congratulations on the pass.

Good luck with the Network+.

I'd recommend you'd follow that with a Security+ and combined with your degree and clearance, you should be able to get a good job as a DoD contractor. The A+ and Network+ are good preparation certs for the Security+ cert, but many DoD contractor jobs specifically require the Security+ cert. A TS clearance, Security+ cert, and a pulse can get you many interviews if you get your resume out there.

Good luck.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    Thanks guys...and good luck to you on your exams. @Darril, thanks for the extra advice. I wasn't planning on going for the Security+, but now, I think it would be foolish not to. Thanks again.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member
    I would consider looking into the CCNA and/or Windows 7 certifications. The financial cost is less and they bring a lot of value. It's nice to have a blend of vendor neutral and vendor specific certifications.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+
    Congratulations on passing, good luck on the Net plus!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+
    Congrats on the pass. I saw somewhere the 801-802 test has simulations on it. Did they require you to do anything difficult?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of simulations...but IMO, there was nothing difficult on the test. However, I do recommend using more than one study source.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    also, thanks for the good lucks on the Net...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. 1337sauce

Certifications
    BS, Linux+, Security+, LPIC-1, MCSE Server 2012, MCSE Desktop, MCSA Server 2008, MCTS 70-[415,681], MCTS 74-409, VCA-DCV, Novell CLA/DCTS/CNS, HDI CSR
    Congrats on the A+ pass, but a question because I'm confused...by CS degree you mean computer science? CS is typically a programming/language-oriented degree. If this is the case, I am wondering why you would jump to the other side of things by going A+ and beyond?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    Unfortunately, yes. By CS I mean computer science. The reason for the jump is that I am more of a hands on person that like to move around. Sitting in one place for hours and programming drives me crazy. I thought it was what I wanted to do. But...no. Just...no.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. 1337sauce

Certifications
    BS, Linux+, Security+, LPIC-1, MCSE Server 2012, MCSE Desktop, MCSA Server 2008, MCTS 70-[415,681], MCTS 74-409, VCA-DCV, Novell CLA/DCTS/CNS, HDI CSR
    I gotcha.

So what is it that you want to do exactly? You're aware the kind of money dev's can make fresh out of college, their price ceiling (hint: it's very high), and liberties such as working from home if not all the time, part time?

I wish *I* did CS in college. It's super easy to start at $50k and jump up and up.

Also...CS is a great compliment to sys admin'ing since you most probably have backgrounds in java, perl, python, ruby, html, css, etc...you should be fairly decent at reading error code and knowing exactly what's going on.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+
    Hey congrats on the pass! I was just wondering what material you used for the 801/802 exams. I am also studying for this version and since it was so easy for you I was wondering what approach you took. Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Congrats on pass!!
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+
    Congrats on the pass!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    Thx, guys. @lsud, I am looking for a basic network administration job. The programming was fun, but I need something more fast paced and requires moving around. So yeah...not really sure where all that is going to lead. @jMak, with the knowledge I already had, I used the book at the following link, CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide Authorized Courseware: Exams 220-801 and 220-802: Quentin Docter, Emmett Dulaney, Toby Skandier: 9781118324059: Amazon.com: Books, however, I recommend including other sources for info. Just using this book, there were a few things that came up in practice exams on this site and on the actual test, that weren't covered in great detail. I'm including a book by Mike Myers for Network+ and it seems to be very well written. So you might want to check those out as well.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, VCA-DCV, Linux+/LPIC-1, AWS CSA, AWS Dev, AWS SysOps, Project+ [Expired: Net+, Sec+, CCENT, CCNA]
    I loved the Net+ Mike Meyers Book.

The A+ Mike Meyers, not so much. =/
    Goals for 2017:
    RHCSA, RHCE, LFCS: Ubuntu | Project+ | AWS Certified DevOps Engineer | Learn Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Golang | Improve Python Programming
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Junior Member Registered Member
    congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    Thx, bro.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA: A+, Network+, Security+
    Congrats!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    Thx, dude...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Senior Member
    Congrats on the pass, will be taking mine in the new year then moving onto the N+...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks