+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    MCT, A+, Net+, Security+, CASP, SSCP, CISSP, MCSE, MCITP...
    @mutusliber, congrats on your pass. Good luck with your next adventure.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    Good advice all around. I had the same issue. I eventually set aside one day a week where I would "Review" for about 15 minutes such as recalling port numbers and terms or the previous day or two of material quickly and dedicate this day as game day. I had advised my friends I would be on the PS3 on this day each week and would simply enjoy that day with them if they login. As far as the women, give them the weekend. You end up with 3 dedicated study days each week and everyone ends up with some of your time. You can still do other things each day but blocking a few hours on these days certainly helped.
    Last edited by Skydivingcows; 01-10-2013 at 08:43 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software; A+
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydivingcows View Post
    Good advice all around. I had the same issue. I eventually set aside one day a week where I would "Review" for about 15 minutes such as recalling port numbers and terms or the previous day or two of material quickly and dedicate this day as game day. I had advised my friends I would be on the PS3 on this day each week and would simply enjoy that day with them if they login. As far as the women, give them the weekend. You end up with 3 dedicated study days each week and everyone ends up with some of your time. You can still do other things each day but blocking a few hours on these days certainly helped.
    Thanks for the reply. This is good information. I am graduating my program this Friday and I plan on taking the exam within the next 2 months. Since I haven't found a job at the moment I will dedicate more time into studying and reviewing my notes in order to be fully prepared to ace the test!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member
    "When a man feels throbbing within him the power to do what he undertakes as well as it can possibly be done, this is happiness, this is success."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by dmuscato View Post
    "When a man feels throbbing within him the power to do what he undertakes as well as it can possibly be done, this is happiness, this is success."
    Very powerful quote! After reading this quote I wrote it down in my book of quotes. This quote speaks to me because I am in search of happiness and I'm currently on the road to success. Thank you for this.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+,Security+, DECA-ISM v2, MCP, MTAx2 , CCENT, CCNA R&S,C|EH,C|HFI,Linux+,LPIC-1,E|CSS,E|CES,GPEN,OSWP,Server+,LPT,GCIH,E|CIH
    TCainnn, when it comes to studying in my opinion studying constantly non stop just puts a mental strain on some people and then they can't retain the information they read about and can sometimes confuse themselves for no reason at all. It is ok to play video games as an outlet to distract yourself for a bit ( but not in excess like gaming marathons maybe like 1hr a day ) and let your mind relax. Just remember this, in 5 years from now, what will beating a video game do you any good for can you put that on a resume and have employers be impressed or will they be impressed at getting your A+ ? It is all about balancing priorities work and play. I know it seems obvious but sometimes we overlook the obvious I hope this helps.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member
    I had to re-read this thread to motivate myself. I didn't even take my own advice. I bought the book but it is just so hard to sit down and read it when the material, especially the OS portions are so friggin BORING. In fact, I've only gotten through it because I read bits of it at a time on my phone during my lunch breaks at work and on the train. Maybe my motivation should be to finish taking the test ASAP just so I don't have to suffer anymore through this boredom and get to something more interesting like Networking or Security.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Achieve excellence daily

Certifications
    CISSP
    Think of it this way - every page you read is more $$$ in your pocket because your value to an employer goes up.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, A+
    As much as I enjoy my family, they are also the biggest distraction to me. Anytime I set aside to study, I went to the library to read, watch learning videos and even take most practice exams. I have no doubt this helped keep me directed properly.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Security+,ITIL,CWTS,CWNA, CCENT,CCNA,CCNP
    You just need to be single minded in studying. This is the approach I would suggest.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, Security+
    I am more motivated than ever...my wife is pregnant.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, HDI:SCA, MTA:OS, MCTS:7
    Quote Originally Posted by gp7816 View Post
    As much as I enjoy my family, they are also the biggest distraction to me.
    This statement sometimes sums my study issues up. I might try going to the library, it would give me a reason to walk everyday.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Member

Certifications
    MCSE, MCP + I, A+, N+, S+, ACSP, CCENT, CCNA
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member

Certifications
    GSEC MCNE CDE CNE CNA NCA CLDA Linux+ A+ N+ P+ ACHD, Security+
    I'm currently having problem getting started studying.
    So, you are not alone.
    What has helped me is to go to different places to study.
    Library, quiet restaurant, coffee shop, park, etc... Anywhere to mix it up a little bit.
    And of course studying in little chunks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, Security+
    I have been studying in little chunks. Usually before I sleep when I am lying down in bed. About 30 min to an hour of reading.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by newb View Post
    I had to re-read this thread to motivate myself. I didn't even take my own advice. I bought the book but it is just so hard to sit down and read it when the material, especially the OS portions are so friggin BORING. In fact, I've only gotten through it because I read bits of it at a time on my phone during my lunch breaks at work and on the train. Maybe my motivation should be to finish taking the test ASAP just so I don't have to suffer anymore through this boredom and get to something more interesting like Networking or Security.
    I am glad that you can turn to this thread to seek motivation. Since I have made this thread, I have been reading and studying the A+ material more than usual. Consistency is the key! Here is a quote I would like to share with you. "The ladder to success is crowded at the bottom. Take that first step. Many are still deciding what to do. Act-Now"
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlSaiyed View Post
    Think of it this way - every page you read is more $$$ in your pocket because your value to an employer goes up.
    This is very true. Thanks for the reply!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by gp7816 View Post
    As much as I enjoy my family, they are also the biggest distraction to me. Anytime I set aside to study, I went to the library to read, watch learning videos and even take most practice exams. I have no doubt this helped keep me directed properly.
    This is great! My family can distract me also. I think that going to the library to study is the best method to weed out distractions and focus on the goal at hand! THANKS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by MrXpert View Post
    You just need to be single minded in studying. This is the approach I would suggest.
    This is a great approach to studying! Thank you for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by flash27 View Post
    I am more motivated than ever...my wife is pregnant.
    Congrats! That's great news. Use that motivation to achieve your goals!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by amclone View Post
    This is a great article! Thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by twodogs62 View Post
    I'm currently having problem getting started studying.
    So, you are not alone.
    What has helped me is to go to different places to study.
    Library, quiet restaurant, coffee shop, park, etc... Anywhere to mix it up a little bit.
    And of course studying in little chunks.
    I think the location of study is very important when preparing for an exam. It helps focus on the material and also remove any distractions that you may encounter. I have been studying in little chunks and it has helped out with my practice test scores! I am confident that I can pass the exam but I want to be 100% sure that I will pass the test with flying colors! Thank you for the reply!
    Last edited by TCainnn; 03-29-2013 at 03:27 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks