+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    CISSP, A+, Net+, Security+, Server+, MCSE Security (2003)

Default Failed with a 662

44 questions total with 2 Sims and 5 drag drops. I was really confident going in to this test. I was nailing every question, even the Sims. I got to question 33 of 44 and New Horizons' triple redundant web servers failed and I had to wait 2 hours for them to fix them. I didn't want to re-schedule, because I felt that if they could fix it quick I wouldn't loose my focus, plus it takes me an hour and a half to get to New Horizons. After two hours of waiting I was beyond angry and ready to choke someone. I got back on the PC and finished the test angry as all get out and failed. That made me even more mad because I know if the failure wouldn't of happened I would of passed and all would have been right with the world. I got a ticket number from New Horizons for the incident and now I have to call Prometric to see if I can get a free test out of this and re-schedule the test again. What really chaps my A$$ is the earliest I can re-take this test is in two weeks. I guess I can look at it as more time to solidify my knowledge on the subject matter. The test itself was pretty easy for me. Like others I found the questions wordy and long for no reason. Microsoft likes to add extranious information in their questions to try to throw you off of the main problem. I used Transcenders and Sybex for this test.
    Last edited by randsmountney; 08-24-2009 at 12:27 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Wow, that sucks. You probably only missed it by a couple of questions too. Prometric does seem to be decent with handling incidents like this, so hopefully you'll get a free retake. Good luck with all of that!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, A+, Net+, Security+, Server+, MCSE Security (2003)
    Yeah, I just got off the phone with them and they are paying for the re-take on the 12th of September so hopefully things go more smooth next time. I am going to pass this time, I swear it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
    Good deal. You came really close under poor circumstances, so you'll probably do well the next time around. At least you got a free sneak-peak at the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member Johnny Johnson's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, MCSE 2003, MCTS (70-680, 70-648, 70-646), MCSA 2008
    Sorry to hear about your experience. You'll knock it out of the ball park next time around!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    Sorry to hear about that! You were very close! You'll get it next time
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSA:M ; MCSE ; CCNA; MCITP : EA ; MCTS; MCSA 2008; ITIL v3
    A fail is a fail, even if a pass is a pass, but better pass with 700 then fail with 662, this is BAD LUCK! Hope next time a BIG PASSED appear on ur screen...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks