+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, MCSE: Security, VCP (v4 and v5), GPEN, MCSA, CCNA

Default Passed 294, off to 298

I passed the 294 exam today. I had taken it 2.5 weeks ago and failed with a 600. So I took it today with the free retake and made a 718. This exam was a hard one. My strong areas between the two exams switched though and I did better today on the weak areas from last time and vice versa.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CISSP, MCSE x10... and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by willhi1979 View Post
    I passed the 294 exam today. I had taken it 2.5 weeks ago and failed with a 600. So I took it today with the free retake and made a 718. This exam was a hard one. My strong areas between the two exams switched though and I did better today on the weak areas from last time and vice versa.
    Congrats! I am hitting 298 this evening for my security specialization... and then I am done with 2003 unless I have some free time between now and March 2011 to do the Exchange 2003 exams before they retire.
    70-346 [ ] 70-347 [ ] 70-533 [ ] 70-743 [ ]
    2017 Goals: MCSA Office 365 and MCSE Cloud Platform and MCSA 2016
    2016 Attained: MCSA Windows Server 2012, MCSE Messaging, MCSE Communications, and MCSE Productivity
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Way to go!

You always have to one-up me don't you?

I take it you are going to say that this is the hardest of the MCSE exams? An former professor of mine was trying to tell me that the worst is over, but I have to disagree. I think I'd take infrastructure any day over AD replication.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    Congrats on your pass!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsbane View Post
    Way to go!

You always have to one-up me don't you?

I take it you are going to say that this is the hardest of the MCSE exams? An former professor of mine was trying to tell me that the worst is over, but I have to disagree. I think I'd take infrastructure any day over AD replication.
    I'm not intentionally one upping you, I'd probably say I'm one downing you since your 293 score was better than mine, but a pass is a pass.

I'd say the 293 and 294 are about equal. I had more trouble with the 294 though since I only had lab experience and it took a little longer to get the concepts due to that. The questions also seemed more complex, and you had to get a good grasp of how the AD environment was setup in each question to be able to figure it out.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Quote Originally Posted by willhi1979 View Post
    I'd say the 293 and 294 are about equal. I had more trouble with the 294 though since I only had lab experience and it took a little longer to get the concepts due to that. The questions also seemed more complex, and you had to get a good grasp of how the AD environment was setup in each question to be able to figure it out.
    My concern with labbing is that I'm not sure how easy it will be to simulate DC's that are located in different locations. I'll probably need to implement a couple more DC's into my lab. I guess my company is going to be opening a branch office lol
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsbane View Post
    My concern with labbing is that I'm not sure how easy it will be to simulate DC's that are located in different locations. I'll probably need to implement a couple more DC's into my lab. I guess my company is going to be opening a branch office lol
    You can fake it like I did. I got a new server the other week and installed VMWare ESXI on it. I set up two subnets, 192.168.2.x/24 and 192.168.2.x/25. I used that to create two sites with DCs in them and configured the intersite replication and learned that way. I was able to create a user and watch it replicate to the other server.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, CCNA, MCSA, 70-293, MCTS: Vista
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSA 2k3 (270/290/291/293), Sec+, Net+, Server+, A+, Cert. in EE
    Congrats on the pass! Looks like the Security spec is a hot one right now with everyone. I was looking at the CBTNuggets 298/299 and they seem to overlap a lot, with 299 going into more detail. They should be fairly easy to pass if you can nail one or the other.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by motogpman View Post
    Congrats on the pass! Looks like the Security spec is a hot one right now with everyone. I was looking at the CBTNuggets 298/299 and they seem to overlap a lot, with 299 going into more detail. They should be fairly easy to pass if you can nail one or the other.
    A lot of people have suggested to buy the 70-299 press book and use it for both tests. It is cheaper, and the 70-298 book isn't written as well. So there is lots of overlap.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MS:ISA, BSIT:Network Administration, CMNA, CCNA, CCDA, A+, NET+, SEC+, Project+, MCTS(70-680), MCSE 2003, MCSA 2008
    Congrats on the pass. This is the last one I need for my MCSE then it is off to MCITP land...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCP , MCTS, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
    Congrats on your pass! how many sims did you have cause i think thats where i had a bit of prioblem got 626 last tym thinkin' of taking it next week.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks