+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+

Default Are Apple Certs worth it?

Are the Apple Mac OS certs worth looking into for someone who is seeking a help desk/desktop support role--especially if they are seeking work in higher ed or a k-12 environment?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    If you take the cert to support OS X on a network, it certainly can't hurt. If you take the courses to fix a Macbook it won't open many doors from you.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by antielvis View Post
    If you take the cert to support OS X on a network, it certainly can't hurt. If you take the courses to fix a Macbook it won't open many doors from you.
    Well, I want to show that I can support both in a education environment.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certified !!!
    If it was free I would think it was worth it
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    83-640, 70-642, 70-662, ICND1
    I can't speak to the k12/edu sector but as an MSP we sometimes hire desktop support technicians who specialize in Apple products and the certs are appealing when screening resumes.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Linux+ and CSA+; MCSA: Windows 7, ITIL Foundations
    I'm a little late to the game, so I apologize. I applied for a position at a local private k-12 school. I didn't receive an offer because I didn't have any Apple certs, even though I can tear apart and fix most Apple devices as well as support the software. So, they do have some value, especially if you want to get into the k-12 sector.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member

Post Are apple certificates worth it?

According to me if it was free, it worth it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member
    If you're working at Apple, yes they are worth it. If you're working in an environment where Apple is prevalent, yes, they are worth it. What you'll want to know is how to incorporate Apple into the MS AD environment. Fixing MacBooks is for your local Apple store. The exams are very straight forward & there is one you can do online for about 60 bucks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member
    Yes they are worth it, only if company need them.
    For example if you are working or applying for Apple Store, Apple reseller partner, they need people with apple certificates like ACSP and MIB.
    Check iLearn: Advance ACSP on App Store so you can be familier with the questions and what you will see on the exam.
    They will help you in helo desk/desktop support job. Also you need to play and practise on your own OS X device.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member
    yes its worth it
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    As the OP, I have an update. I do believe it is worth it. I want to go into higher ed and I have seen the ACMT listed a job of different of times as a posting as a preferred qualification. In addition to that, I may have been edged out by someone else this past winter based on this.
    Last edited by tjb122982; 09-07-2016 at 02:40 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks