+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CEH

Default CASP book recommedation please, or best you have used?

Hello all,

I need to meet a Dod 8570 IAT level 3 requirement and I'm not really in the mood to drop 600 + bucks on the CISSP so I want to go for the CASP. I think Darrel Gibson makes great books but I'm surprised to see that he doesn't have one (at least from my search). What would I need (material wise) to pass? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Respectfully,
    Higherho
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CCNA R/S, CCNA Security, MCTS
    I used the McGraw-Hill book (Conklin, White and Williams) to pass it. I can't say if that book was better than the others as I haven't looked at any other books, but it was enough to get me through the test.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CEH
    Thank you for the input! I would rep you but it looks like I already gave you some. One book is good enough for me and after this I can then focus on the Cisco / Juniper stuff I want to do.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
    Keep in mind that the books that you currently see are aimed at CAS-001. Comptia already updated the exam to CAS-002 and Michael Gregg's book seems to be ready for the release for October 2014 that reflects CAS-002. Comptia weighted the domains differently in 002 and subtracted a domain from the new one. Instead of five domains from 001, you now have 4 domains in 002.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CEH
    Thank you for the information! I was curious if they are still letting users take the CAS001 or not.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Try not. Do, or do not.

Certifications
    CISSP, C|HFI, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, NCDA, CCNA, CCNA: Security, S+, A+, N+, L+, Mob+, P+, TCNA, ACMT
    From CompTIA's page the CASP 001 will be available to take until May 2015, and the CAS 002 debuts November 30, 2014. CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member

Certifications
    JNCIA-Junos; A+; N+; S+; VCA-DCV; VCA-WM; VCA-Cloud; MTA OS, Server, Net, Sec, DB, Soft Dev; LPI Linux Essentials
    Looking at the Comptia website for CASP it seems the date for launch has been pushed to January 2015. CAS-001 retires in May 2015.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks