+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    Security+, Network+, A+

Default CASP directly after Security+? (What about SSCP?)

Hello,

I'll be sitting for security+ in a couple of weeks, i'm trying to plan my next move. I'll have about a month to study and test before I have to go back to work after Security+. Is it feasible to think one could sit for Security+, study for a month, then sit and pass the CASP (CAS-001), or is the CASP honestly that much more technical than Security+? I had originally planned to do my certs in this order: Net+, Security+, SSCP, CASP, CISSP, but as another member pointed out the SSCP somehwhat overlaps the CISSP which is my ultimate goal and would would make sense to do those back to back. Just not sure what to make of the CASP and if it's honestly doable in a month directly after Security+.

Thanks!

-Travis
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    OSCP, GWAPT, CEH, SSCP, EJPT, CCNA:Security, CCNA:R&S, MCSA:W2K8, Linux+, LPIC-1, SCLA
    How much experience do you have? If you have more than 4 years (with the Security+), I'd go directly for the CISSP and skip the SSCP and CASP, unless it's a job requirement of course.

Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    Security+, Network+, A+
    ....0.....No experience in Information Security...I apologize for not including that in my initial post...3 years of experience in telecommunications, end-user support, and as an ISP service technician.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

silicon valley, where we speak that bay area slang

Certifications
    CCNA CCENT ITIL SSCA SSVVP WSQD WSQI Cloud+ Mobility+ Security+ Linux+ Network+ Server+ Project+ A+ HIT LPIC-1 CLA11 ACE ace/PACA SSBBP SSLP CMS SCP
    Quote Originally Posted by orlandofl View Post
    ....0.....No experience in Information Security...I apologize for not including that in my initial post...3 years of experience in telecommunications, end-user support, and as an ISP service technician.
    The CASP is quite a bit more difficult than Security+. It's doable but some questions incorporate many domains (Cloud+, Storage+, Server+) with standard enterprise best practices which might not be as intuitive to you right now.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CEH, CHFI, CCNP SEC & DC, CCNA R&S SEC/DC/V/W, VCP-NV, VCA, MCSA, CNDA, Sec+ C+ N+ L+ P+, LPIC1, NCLA, CIW Sec, ITILv3
    I just passed the CISSP exam and I earned my first cert (SEC PLUS back in Oct 2014), but I want to go back and get CASP (taking CEH in two weeks). If you push the studying hard, you can go straight to CISSP. The fact that you have CASP and SEC+, you should be well off. With the test changing to 8 domains, I'm curious how hard/easy it will be. Regarding telecommunications security, going for CCNA and CCNA security will easily help you in that domain easy. Watch the CBT Nuggets for CCNA and CCNA security. You'll know routers and switches like a brick.
    Last edited by GForce75; 03-15-2015 at 02:04 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks