+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CASP April 2016

1. Member

Certifications
    MSISO expected July 2017, B.S Information Systems Security, A.A.S, A.A, CASP, C|EHv9, Security +, Netwok +,A +

Default CASP April 2016

Kind of nervous for CASP. I have 8 years of ISSE however; I have heard that this test is some what challenging. I have the McMillan book and CD that I am studying from and seem to get about a 60% on the practice exams that come with the book. Any ideas on how I could tighten the wrench on this thing? I plan on taking it this April and CISSP this fall while I start my MS in Digital Forensics this Fall as well.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    You might want to post this into CASP forum or maybe a moderator can move it. However, I used CASP-002 book and the book assumes that you did NOT take the Security+ prior to this exam. It's full of all the information needed to take the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    MSISO expected July 2017, B.S Information Systems Security, A.A.S, A.A, CASP, C|EHv9, Security +, Netwok +,A +
    Thank you for the reply! I think I am getting ready at a good pace, I just worry that I wont pass. Is this exam that much harder than SEC+?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    GCFE, GCED, GCIH, CISSP, CCSP, and others that should never be mentioned
    I am not sure if it's harder or not. There's obviously some level of overlap. The one certain thing is that the scope is different. The recommended experience for CASP is 10 years vs. just 2 for Sec+. I think it's definitely too much for both but that gives you an idea that they are no supposed to be equal.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member

Certifications
    Thank you for the reply. I noticed that I do find a lot of overlap from SEC+ however; CASP is a lot more in depth in some aspects of the benchmarks to study. ill let you all know how it goes. I do have 7 years of ISSE so will see.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Sec+, MCP, MCSA 2003, MCTS, MCITP:VA, VCP5, MCSA 2012, MCSE Private Cloud, MCSE Server Infrastructure, C|EHv7, RHCSA, OSCP, GCIH, OSWP
    Are you using any other study materials? I have the same book.
    2016 Goals: GCIH, OSWP - DONE!
    My OSCP review http://www.jasonbernier.com/oscp-review/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    C****, C***, C**
    The exam is harder as it has simulation questions. You can read about it at The CompTIA CASP Exam Experience - TechExams.net IT Certification Blogs

FWIW, I used Sybex book to supplement my CISSP knowledge before taking CASP CAS-002 exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Member

Certifications
    CWNA, CWTS, A+/N+/S+, ITIL, MTA
    I had quite a few Sims on my Sec+
    Last edited by Plantwiz; 02-27-2016 at 02:30 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Member

Certifications
    No, just the MCMillan one for now. The material seems to be good with current experience level. I dunno just nervous as usual since i have to pay out of pocket for everything.

I have that book to, but I didn't like or trust the reviews on it. Will see though I am taking it soon.
    Last edited by Plantwiz; 02-27-2016 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Consecutive posting
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Sec+, MCP, MCSA 2003, MCTS, MCITP:VA, VCP5, MCSA 2012, MCSE Private Cloud, MCSE Server Infrastructure, C|EHv7, RHCSA, OSCP, GCIH, OSWP
    When are you taking your exam?
    2016 Goals: GCIH, OSWP - DONE!
    My OSCP review http://www.jasonbernier.com/oscp-review/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Member

Certifications
    Next month, are the practice questions on the CD from Pearson....(removed comments asking members to violate their NDA) I am getting close though scoring 63% on the practice exams from the book.
    Last edited by Plantwiz; 02-27-2016 at 02:32 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, HDI-SCA, ITIL V3 Foundations, A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCDST, CCENT, CCNA, Project+, CCNA Security, MCTS: Windows 7 Config, CEH, CHFI
    I was scheduled to take mine on Wed, but pushed it back to Saturday. I have done all the Cybrary course, and the Skillport course. Read over half the book, i feel pretty confident, but it's a $414 test, so I dont want to take any chances
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Member

Certifications
    Did you pass? I just scheduled mine for the 25th of March.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member

Certifications
    C****, C***, C**
    Quote Originally Posted by firemike314 View Post
    Did you pass? I just scheduled mine for the 25th of March.
    Helping @Mike-Mike

Failed CASP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Member

Certifications
    I am really sorry to hear that bro, ill let you know how it goes my friend.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Junior Member

Default Failed CASP March 22nd

I took CAS-002 on the 22nd. I had studied for months using SkillPort, Career Academy, FEDVTE videos, plus the CompTIA and PearsonVue CASP Guides. Failed it. The SIMS are very confusing and obviously weigh heavily during scoring. Make sure you know your I am pretty sure I missed two of them (out of 7), could have been 3, but felt confident about the Q&A portion.

Good Luck tomorrow. I will test again in 2 weeks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Junior Member
    I meant to say "Make sure you know your ACL commands to program a router. There is no help in the simulator."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Member

Certifications
    Thanks bud. I hope I pass.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Member

Certifications
    You actually had to configure a router?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Linux+ and CSA+; MCSA: Windows 7, ITIL Foundations
    Make sure you get discounted vouchers. Getcertified4less has some good deals ($351-ish).
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Member

Certifications
    Thanks, ill look into it. I am more worried about a router configuration now. LOL, watching Cisco videos.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Junior Member
    Not configure exactly but had to enter the access-list commands to set the ACL to satisfy the requirement.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Junior Member
    Supervoucher is also a good place to check. I saved $65 on my voucher.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Member

Certifications
    Passed!!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by firemike314 View Post
    Passed!!!!
    Congrats.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks