+ Reply to Thread
  1. Member

Certifications
    Server+, CCP, CASP, Mobility+, Storage+, Cloud+, Certified Java 8 Professional, Security+, Certified Java 6 Developer

Default Passed 05/25/2017

I passed!!!

I only used Sybex's CASP book to study on and off for about 3 months. I read the book from cover to cover.

I am a programmer with 6 years of work experience, but I am also well-versed in IT-related things. I am very familiar with security and networking, but I don't work much with either at my job.

Many questions were common sense. I got quite a few that showed log outputs. Lots of questions asked about abbreviations. The simulation questions weren't very difficult.

I would like to get another security cert. Which ones do you suggest? I was thinking about CEH or something related to web application development, which I do at work.
    Last edited by bjpeter; 05-26-2017 at 03:51 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. Senior Member

Certifications
    CSA+, CWTS, Storage+, Sec+, A+, N+, Mobility+, MCP, etc.
    Congrats on the pass!

I would think CEH would be a good next step. It would provide a validation of another set of IT Security knowledge from another organization. Note that it appears the CEH content is similar to CSA+, so if you get CEH you might look at CSA+ as well if you're seeking to enhance a resume for a future career move.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks