+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    ClEH, CHFI, Cloud Essentials, Security + ce, Network + ce, ITIL Foundations 2011, Windows 7

Default CAS-002 expiring

Exam Details
    Exam Codes CAS-002 CAS-003
    Launch Date January 20, 2015 April 2, 2018
    Exam Description CASP covers the technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualize, engineer, integrate and implement secure solutions across complex environments to support a resilient enterprise.
    Number of Questions Maximum of 90 questions
    Type of Questions Multiple choice and performance-based
    Length of Test 165 Minutes
    Passing Score Pass/Fail only. No scaled score.
    Recommended Experience A minimum of ten years of experience in IT administration, including at least five years of hands-on technical security experience
    Languages English
    Retirement October 2, 2018 Usually three years after launch
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    Network+, Security+, CASP
    I saw this yesterday to my surprise. Thanks for posting the full details ispep13!

For those of you that have access to Skillport, they already added CAS-003 videos and lessons up. At initial glance it seems to have more coverage on cloud computing and mobile devices, similar to what happened to Network+ and Security+ when they got revamped in previous years.

This is my first post on tech exams, but I've been reading threads off of here as a guest for quite a while. I have ambitions for many certifications, including CASP, which I take this Friday.

My 2 cents, take it or leave it... for those of you interested in CASP or have been studying, take and pass 002 now before 003 comes out. It will be more than likely a more difficult exam, even just based off the fact the labs will be changed and the questions will be reworded in the devilish tricky ways CompTIA loves to. Additionally though... take the time to go through the 003 content (on skillport for example) to stay current and be a true and responsible IT Professional.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    CASP, CRISC, CISA, ISO27001 LA, CISM (application pending), CISSP (currently working on endorsement requirements)
    If the revamp will make this certificate more recognized or worthwhile for employers, then I'm all for it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks