Certifications
    eCPPT, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CISSP, CCNA (expired), MCTS
    Haven't heard a thing. I am hopeful
    Currently working on: Resting
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    seems with the # of people here who probably took it someone should have won the T-shirt. They should have just told you right then if you had won it or not.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Quote Originally Posted by earweed View Post
    seems with the # of people here who probably took it someone should have won the T-shirt. They should have just told you right then if you had won it or not.
    I was under the impression that it was every 20th person got one and you would know instantly. But they decided they wanted to collect all of our information first and then stick the names in a pool or something.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, MCTS 70-680, MCITP:EA or MCSA:WS2K8, Bachelor of Science, IT - Networks Design and Management
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsbane View Post
    I was under the impression that it was every 20th person got one and you would know instantly. But they decided they wanted to collect all of our information first and then stick the names in a pool or something.

That makes sense. I filled out two of these things with CompTia and haven't heard anything back about the T-shirt.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, MCP, MCSA, MCTS (620/642/680), MCDST, MCITP: EDST7
    I just got an email stating that I got one.

Thank you for your participation in the CompTIA Security+ JTA survey. You have been selected as a prize winner of an official CompTIA t-shirt. We will mail you the t-shirt within two weeks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Quote Originally Posted by shon541 View Post
    I just got an email stating that I got one.
    ***** **** ***** ******!!!!

Just kidding, congratulations
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    GPEN, GCIH, SFCP, CPT, CEH, QND
    Does anyone have the feeling that CompTIA might be doing this to fight the recert naysayers? One popular argument is that with Microsoft and Cisco certs, besides being product/vendor specific, you can say recertify by getting a higher level cert from the company. I think I remember something similar in Comptia's policy, but they don't really have a higher level cert for the BIG THREE. So by creating these "higher level" certs, they can get people to recertify, and claim that they are just doing what everyone else is.

Thoughts?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member
    They already consider the Security+ to be the advanced one: CompTIA Certification Renewal Policy

And you can't renew with a more advanced exam/cert from Microsoft. You have to renew each track with the newest version of the exams/certs.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    GPEN, GCIH, SFCP, CPT, CEH, QND
    really? Ouch, that must suck for people with like, every microsoft cert...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SephStorm View Post
    really? Ouch, that must suck for people with like, every microsoft cert...
    Like me?

Yea, I'm basically just going to keep renewing the main track every few years and let the others lapse. There's no point in me trying to remain certified in ISA, Exchange, Hyper-V, etc.

I think most people typically do the main track and one, maybe two, specializations. It's really not that bad if you're a die-hard MS guy (or gal).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Couple here, a couple there

Default Security+'s replacement

Comptia has requested SME's to develop questions for their new certification CASP (CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner).

CASP

I really think this is a workaround for the legacy Security+ holders.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Couple here, a couple there
    I wonder how long the Security+ will even be around
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by steve13ad View Post
    Comptia has requested SME's to develop questions for their new certification CASP (CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner).

CASP

I really think this is a workaround for the legacy Security+ holders.
    I might go to this. I wanted to get in on the Security+ one but it clashed with my schedule. Maybe I can sneak this one in...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, MCTS 70-680, MCITP:EA or MCSA:WS2K8, Bachelor of Science, IT - Networks Design and Management
    I think this exam is just to compete with exams like the CISSP and the ones under that.

Seriously, I'm not worried about it. A lot of people seem to get this as a stepping stone to the CISSP or other higher end security certs. My main reason for getting it was to complete the trinity by the end of the year, as well as get college credit for WGU. I'm just glad I did both.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA MCITP A+ SERVER+ SECURITY+ NETWORK+
    Quote Originally Posted by earweed View Post
    I'm still ticked off about no t-shirt
    I'm ticked I did that survey twice and was not asked for my personal information..I thought it was a scam until I saw this posting.

Ron
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. um yea i know some stuffs demonfurbie's Avatar

Certifications
    mct: 70-680, a+, network+, security+ (comptia tri-force) project+, ciw foundations, ciw javascript something
    it asked me for personal info but nothing in the mail as of yet
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member
    Has anyone heard anything about this?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Bl8ckr0uter View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about this?

Brother, we've been had! LMAO...do not pass Go, do not collect CompTIA T-Shirt.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by erpadmin View Post
    Brother, we've been had! LMAO...do not pass Go, do not collect CompTIA T-Shirt.
    Lol I meant the test, not the shirt.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCP, MCP+I, MCSE NT4, A+, Network+, Security+
    Security+ > CISSP?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISM, CISA, CISSP, CCENT, CNSSI No. 4012, NSTISSI No. 4015, MCP (70-270), CompTIA: A+, Network+, Security+, i-Net+
    Quote Originally Posted by burner27 View Post
    Security+ > CISSP?
    This is a joke right? CISSP is a more renown and difficult certification to obtain. The test and preparation is more grueling, and you have to meet prerequisites and you're subject to an audit if selected for one. Not to mention the yearly CPE's required to maintain the certification, and annual fees. CISSPs generally command a higher salary than Security+ personnel by a large margin. Security+ is generally considered a stepping stone towards your CISSP, but it's merely a drop a in a bucket.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCP, MCP+I, MCSE NT4, A+, Network+, Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by cabrillo24 View Post
    This is a joke right? CISSP is a more renown and difficult certification to obtain. The test and preparation is more grueling, and you have to meet prerequisites and you're subject to an audit if selected for one. Not to mention the yearly CPE's required to maintain the certification, and annual fees. CISSPs generally command a higher salary than Security+ personnel by a large margin. Security+ is generally considered a stepping stone towards your CISSP, but it's merely a drop a in a bucket.
    It wasn't meant as an insult to you or anyone who is on the track towards the CISSP or currently holds the certification. I was merely asking a question.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISM, CISA, CISSP, CCENT, CNSSI No. 4012, NSTISSI No. 4015, MCP (70-270), CompTIA: A+, Network+, Security+, i-Net+
    It wasn't meant as an insult to you or anyone who is on the track towards the CISSP or currently holds the certification. I was merely asking as question.
    I know, I was being light hearted in my initial response. No worries, hence why I elaborated more on why the CISSP is more renown.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member
    Security+ > CISSP?
    Nope but the CASP might be on the same level in terms of difficultly and CPEs. It seems to be aimed at the same crowd (very experience infosec pros)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Bl8ckr0uter View Post
    Nope but the CASP might be on the same level in terms of difficultly and CPEs. It seems to be aimed at the same crowd (very experience infosec pros)
    I think if they can guard their test questions as well as ISC2 or ISACA, to the point where it is "undumpable" then it well gain a lot of respectability. Unfortunately for most of the popular (if not all) CompTIA certifications, brain dumps are everywhere, thus making the market oversaturate with "certified" people.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 First 12 34 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks