+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    CISSP, CISA, GIAC 2700, MCSE:Security, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Security, CCENT, Sec+, Net+, ITIL v3 Foundations
    Quote Originally Posted by Bl8ckr0uter View Post
    Why....?
    Because the CISSP is not a technical cert, while this one advertises itself as such. Beyond that, the CISSP is so entrenched that it will take several years for any other cert to come close to knocking it off its golden perch in the HR dept., especially a brand new cert.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CISSP, MCITP:EA, Security+, VCA-DCV
    Quote Originally Posted by SephStorm View Post
    Only if it truly is a technical exam based on implementation of security technologies.

If it had questions on:

The configuration and maintenance off security devices: IDS/IPS, Routers,switches(Vlans), firewalls.

Proper hardening of Operating Systems.

Patch management technologies.

Vulnerability scanning and Penetration testing.

ect.

If we can get an exam that does this, then I will gladly endorse it.
    Assuming that this cert is vendor neutral, I don't see that happening. I think the success of this cert is dependent upon whether the DoD adopts it under 8570 or not.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Quote Originally Posted by xmalachi View Post
    Assuming that this cert is vendor neutral, I don't see that happening. I think the success of this cert is dependent upon whether the DoD adopts it under 8570 or not.
    CompTIA has never really been vendor neutral though. They just reserve the right to ask questions about any vendor they wish. Take the A+ for example. 99% Windows, but because of their vendor neutral claim they can throw in a linux question without going against their objectives.

But yes, the success really depends on what Hiring managers, HR, and of course the DoD feel about it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. um yea i know some stuffs demonfurbie's Avatar

Certifications
    mct: 70-680, a+, network+, security+ (comptia tri-force) project+, ciw foundations, ciw javascript something
    the main issue is comptia has a stigma of being the "starter" or "foundation" cert people not the mid to high end liek cisco, microsoft, redhat

if they can get over that hurtle id look more at this cert
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    GPEN, GCIH, SFCP, CPT, CEH, QND
    Would you really? I mean, What advantage would you give this over the CISSP?

"Its 8570 approved!": "So is CISSP, and its more recognized."

"Its not an entry level cert!": "Neither is the CISSP" (I am aware of the technical vs non technical argument, but I think that is going to work out as well as the SSCP has for the CISSP)

Ultimately, from my understanding, the reason the CISSP is so "difficult" is the breadth of the exam. I think that unless CompTIA has taken a page out of the ISC2 book in this respect, this will become the "easy CISSP". Might get you pass HR filters eventually, but the first question I would ask as a technical recruiter would be: "Have you taken the CISSP exam?" (insinuating that they failed the CISSP, and took the "easy way" out.)

To clarify: I want to emphasize that if you dont have both this AND the CISSP, my opinion is that an employer is going to wonder, "why doesnt he have the CISSP. He meets the "experience requirement", he is an "advanced security professional" Why didnt he take/pass the CISSP?"
    Last edited by SephStorm; 05-11-2011 at 01:12 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Guest

Certifications
    A+, Network+, CCNA
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks