+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    CASP, Security+, Server+, MCP, AAS-Applied Computer Systems
    Quote Originally Posted by Grafixx01 View Post
    Told a colleague of mine, who has failed the CISSP 2x, and they were like, "Whoot! Whoot! Time to get a brain-dump for the CASP so I can get hired on as a IAT III!"
    I had two colleagues do something similar. Both brain dumped and blew the scenarios. Neither passed.

They both agreed they would rather try CISSP again. Apparently, CASP is only easier if you are technically inclined (they were managerial types).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CISSP, CCNA, CEH v7, Sec+, Net+, LPI Linux Essentials
    I've overheard several people at work plan on taking CASP over CISSP due to their belief that it is the easier option of the two.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    CASP is only easier if you really understanding the material that's on the exam, otherwise is just the option that will get you out of the testing center sooner.
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member

Certifications
    C|EH, Security+, Network+, A+
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMurray View Post
    CASP is only easier if you really understanding the material that's on the exam, otherwise is just the option that will get you out of the testing center sooner.
    I can see that being true. Personally, though, I'm going for both the CASP and CISSP, and in my experience braindumping is a surefire way to feel like a fool at work when your boss or a user as a question and you can't answer it.

I've always felt that you can't make good policy if you don't understand the technical side, so I plan on becoming very familiar with the technical side despite my lack of hands-on experience.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member Lexcorp6's Avatar

Certifications
    Security+
    So this is a solid option after the security+?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks