+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA certified working on CCNP & MCSE

Default goin for CCDA first then CCNP straight after

i have bought the books for ccnp BSCI 2 but ive decided to opt for the CCDA so once i have done CCNP i can take the extra exam to get CCDP. I have per ordered the designing for cisco networks book out on october 1st and the new cert guide for ccda out the same day so i know i have covered the areas well. Would i be over doin it if i got the todd lamme CCDA updated for 640 861? exam? gosh im obsessed lol
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    these are the books im gettin for CCDA prep as im not going on any courses for the exam

CCDA Self-study: Designing for CISCO Internetwork Solutions cisco press by diamme teare

CCDA: Cisco Certified Design Associate Study Guide by todd lamme and andy barkl

CCDA Exam Certification Guide (CCDA Self-study) by anthony bruno and jacqueline kim

is this overdoing it? can i leave out one if so which 1? I can get hands on at uni with the labs if needs be, anyone who has recently took this exam please reply i need your help!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Johan Hiemstra Forum Admin Webmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    MCSE NT4 MCSA 2000/2003 Security+ (expired: CWNA, CNA, CCNA)
    I would definitely buy the last one... I think all three is overdoing it indeed, that money might be better spend on a future Cisco lab for your CCNP exams..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    darn my girlfriend has just ordered me the todd lamme one.
    o well ill get the cert one you said and that should be enough i think as i have the experience from CCNA i suppose, u sure i dont need the middle one bein as tho i wont be attendin any courses?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Johan Hiemstra Forum Admin Webmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    Choosing between the first two is difficult, but if you are going for the third book, the Todd Lammle book is probably the best addition.

I read a very good review about the new CCDA exam written by Andy Barkl but I can't remember which site it was... I thought it was www.mcpmag.com but can't find it there... anyone else?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Johan Hiemstra Forum Admin Webmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    The reason I choose the certification guide is because I used their (now older) CCDA study guide myself, and I seriously think it is the best cert book I've ever bought... Also Anthony Bruno writes the most popular CCIE r&s books, and was the one that reviewed the new 1-day CCIE lab...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA,CCDA
    just saw ur message. The administrator is right. The 3rd one definitely is a good one. That is what i am using now and there are quite some stuff there that aint in Todd Lammles'(ur 2nd option). Well i dont know if there is a newer version than what im using but i think its not well stuffed. As for the site u were talking about administrator, the site is www.tcpmag.com and not mcpmag.com. Cheers........
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks