+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    A+, MCP, CCNA R/S, CCNA-Security, CCNA Collaboration, CCNP R/S

Default Where Can I get Good workbook on VLSM/IPV6

Hey cisco gurus. I have a great book on subnetting by Chris bryant. It is alike a work book
    with hundreds of problems in subnetting. however where the heck can I get a good workbook on VLSM and IPV6. I do not want a FACT book. they are great but I NEED TO USE it. WHat I mean is I study better actually using these skills and to look at bit and byte charts is good if I can use it. I need to use IPV6 and VLSM where can I get some decent
    premaind workbooks on these skills. Thanks...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    a few...
    plus 1, count me in that search.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BS&MS-CompSci, CCNA, CCNP, Hyper-V, CCAI
    I've been debating writing a book and publishing it on Lulu.com or something. Maybe this is my calling
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Pissed

Certifications
    A+; Network+; MCSE: 2k3; MCTS; CCNA; VCP4, VCP5
    Personally i just make up scenarios. Like, i have this office that runs IPv4 and this office runs IPv6 lets make them talk.

Or take some random IP 10.1.16.0/24 and make 10 subnets but only 3 need 8 ip address and 2 need 2 or whatever and make it all work.

But this is me being cheap =)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP CCIP CCSP CCVP CCDP CCDA CCNA CS-CIPSS CS-CIPTDS CS-CIPTOS CS-CIPCSS CS-CFWS CS-CVPNS CS-CISecS ISSP 4013 4011
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP, CCDP, MCSA, Security +. Network +, A+
    Quote Originally Posted by mikej412 View Post
    wow.... that is really pricey.....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP CCIP CCSP CCVP CCDP CCDA CCNA CS-CIPSS CS-CIPTDS CS-CIPTOS CS-CIPCSS CS-CFWS CS-CVPNS CS-CISecS ISSP 4013 4011
    Quote Originally Posted by miller811 View Post
    wow.... that is really pricey.....
    I would have suggested the NMC (NetMasterClass) Class On Demand for IPv6 -- but it doesn't appear to be offered anymore since NMC went all Cisco 360 Learning Program for CCIE Routing & Switching on us. That COD came with lab exercises. Of course, that was even more expensive.
    Last edited by mikej412; 03-20-2009 at 12:57 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    a few...
    @ mike

i've downloaded the TOC preview - looks like a promising book to study.
    thank you very much for the link.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, A+, CCNA certified, Cisco Networking Academy Semester 4 graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by itdaddy View Post
    Hey cisco gurus. I have a great book on subnetting by Chris bryant. It is alike a work book
    with hundreds of problems in subnetting. however where the heck can I get a good workbook on VLSM and IPV6. I do not want a FACT book. they are great but I NEED TO USE it. WHat I mean is I study better actually using these skills and to look at bit and byte charts is good if I can use it. I need to use IPV6 and VLSM where can I get some decent
    premaind workbooks on these skills. Thanks...
    itdaddy,

The problem with VLSM subnetting is that it's a big "it depends." It depends on actual or forecasted number of hosts for each specific subnet. Then you have number of subnets. Then you sort the subnets from biggest to smallest. Let's say subnet E has a need for 16 hosts and subnet C has a need for 16 hosts. Let's say you decide to sort the subnets putting subnet E above Subnet C for some reason. That's not really wrong. So right off the bat, there's at least three factors in coming up with _a_ correct answer VLSM subnetting solution which are: 1) # of subnets 2) # of hosts per subnet 3) which subnet order you decide to sort the subnets into. Unfortunately, that means the "workbook" part will effectively be blank pages of paper and there will not be "answers in the back of the book" because you can reach solutions that probably can't feasibly all be printed "In the back of the book." So I don't think it's probable for someone to publish a VLSM workbook.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member
    Where is a good place to read up on VLSM. I am currently in school learning about this right now and my professor is a ...., well lets just say he will not answer my questions or my classmates questions. Youtube is no help on this one... I am willing to buy a better book than the Cisco Routing Protocols and Concepts book that we have for the class. Any ideas are welcome.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    dude
    I dont know either..I was forced to make up my own labs..that really helped. wish I could help but it is very hard..like this threads said read tech-airmans message he is correct. best to make up your own
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member
    The problem is that I don't have a good grasp on the subject yet. I'm sure I can't walk into a barns and noble and pick up a book VLSM subnetting. Any good websites to look up training on?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I agree with you on this...I watched cbt nuggets ICND1 and ICND2 and Jeremy teaches vlsm pretty good. I have a chart on my website that I used to make up my vlsm. You can check my sites out both of them explan vlsm basics and then from there I just built my own. I use cbt nuggets method on my sites.

ccnpitdaddy.wordpress.com
    itdaddy.wordpress.com

site is cheesy but I have lots of info them.good luck man you can do it
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks