+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    CCDA, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE R&S, Security+, CISSP, SCP #2235, CCNA: DC
    Quote Originally Posted by knwminus View Post
    Congrats. Is CCDP in your future?
    It is, but I'm not sure when. With my timeline for the CCIE being reasonably short (18 months'ish from start to lab), I don't know how much time there'll be for the CCDP. That being said, I hope I can sneak it in somewhere, because I think the CCDP would be much more interesting then the CCDA. I wanted the CCDA to have some kind of foundational knowledge of design, and I don't feel I really got that with the CCDA. I may have gotten a sliver at best..this is why I think the CCDP would be a lot better..but I have no idea.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrock4 View Post
    It is, but I'm not sure when. With my timeline for the CCIE being reasonably short (18 months'ish from start to lab), I don't know how much time there'll be for the CCDP. That being said, I hope I can sneak it in somewhere, because I think the CCDP would be much more interesting then the CCDA. I wanted the CCDA to have some kind of foundational knowledge of design, and I don't feel I really got that with the CCDA. I may have gotten a sliver at best..this is why I think the CCDP would be a lot better..but I have no idea.
    The ARCH book is much smaller than the DESGN book. And it teaches you a good bit, but it's still pretty foundational, and it does alot of cheerleading for Cisco products (especially in the load balancer/firewall/security software arena). I sold my DESGN book after I passed the CCDA, but I kept my ARCH book, as it has a few sections I consider decent reference material.

With your timeline, I'm willing to bet you could pass ARCH with a couple weeks of study after you pass the Written
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCDA, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE R&S, Security+, CISSP, SCP #2235, CCNA: DC
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken_GA View Post
    With your timeline, I'm willing to bet you could pass ARCH with a couple weeks of study after you pass the Written
    Thanks for the input! I thought originally I'd be looking at 3-4 weeks for ARCH, but the CCDA flew by, so you may be right! If I did take it in 2010, it would be right after the written, as you said. I'm trying to take the written before our twins come..so after they're born I'll have about 2-3 weeks of "down" time where I'm not labbing too much. That may be a good time to hit the CCDP!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks