+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 First 12 34 Last
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCIE R&S #38616 and many more!
    Sounds like you have just enough time to pass the CCDP and renew your credentials! Let me know how you like the INE ARCH course. I've been going back over the video modules that correspond with Chapters 1 - 4 of the Self Study guide and am actually watching Module 2 OSPF Part 2 as I type this.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CCNP, CCDP, MCSA, Security +. Network +, A+
    Quote Originally Posted by down77 View Post
    Sounds like you have just enough time to pass the CCDP and renew your credentials! Let me know how you like the INE ARCH course. I've been going back over the video modules that correspond with Chapters 1 - 4 of the Self Study guide and am actually watching Module 2 OSPF Part 2 as I type this.
    I have read the book numerous times, just never mustered the motivation to complete it. I tried watching the old CBT nuggets, what a snooze fest. I have watched 4 modules of the first day and I like it so far.
    Last edited by miller811; 03-14-2011 at 11:43 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    I'm liking a number of the INE videos so far. Posting a little review from tonight's reading since the instructor mentioned it would be good to memorize these before walking into the exam:

Metro Ethernet Lan Services:

• Ethernet Private Line (EPL): A port-based point-to-point Ethernet-line (E- line) service that maps Layer 2 traffic directly onto a TDM circuit

• Ethernet Relay Service (ERS): A point-to-point VLAN-based E-line service that is used primarily for establishing a point-to-point connection between customer routers

• Ethernet Wire Service (EWS): A point-to-point port-based E-line service that is used primarily to connect geographically remote LANs over a P-network

• Ethernet Multipoint Service (EMS): A multipoint-to-multipoint port-based emulated LAN (ELAN) service that is used for transparent LAN applications

• Ethernet Relay Multipoint Service (ERMS): A multipoint-to-multipoint VLAN- based ELAN service that is used primarily for establishing a multipoint-to- multipoint connection between customer routers
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    SpecterOps: Powershell Adversary Tactics, SilentBreakSecurity - DarkSideOps, CISSP, CCDP, CCNP R/S, CCNP Security (Secure, FW) , C|EH , PA ACE
    Quote Originally Posted by down77 View Post
    I'm liking a number of the INE videos so far. Posting a little review from tonight's reading since the instructor mentioned it would be good to memorize these before walking into the exam:

Metro Ethernet Lan Services:

• Ethernet Private Line (EPL): A port-based point-to-point Ethernet-line (E- line) service that maps Layer 2 traffic directly onto a TDM circuit

• Ethernet Relay Service (ERS): A point-to-point VLAN-based E-line service that is used primarily for establishing a point-to-point connection between customer routers

• Ethernet Wire Service (EWS): A point-to-point port-based E-line service that is used primarily to connect geographically remote LANs over a P-network

• Ethernet Multipoint Service (EMS): A multipoint-to-multipoint port-based emulated LAN (ELAN) service that is used for transparent LAN applications

• Ethernet Relay Multipoint Service (ERMS): A multipoint-to-multipoint VLAN- based ELAN service that is used primarily for establishing a multipoint-to- multipoint connection between customer routers
    You guys are motivating me to purchase this LOL! is it really that good? I was able to get a hold of the CCDA CBT videos, when i was studying for my CCDA, and they were very boring and i had a hard time keeping up/awake.
    2017 Goals: Dark Side OPS: Custom Pentesting (complete), SpecterOps: PowerShell Adversary Tactics (completed), eCPPT (2nd attempt), LFCS (4th attempt )
    2018 Goals: eCPPT, OSCP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Got Some...Getting More.
    Yea, I am tempted too. I have been pretty much concentrating on just getting through the reading for now.

Trying to decide whether to re-up my Nuggets subscription which is coming up. or give the INE a shot....choices, choices..Hopefully, the INE guy is more intersting than Michael. he is a good guy but hard to stay excited with him.

How many total hours are in the INE? I think Nuggets are about 12... I assume that it is downloadable?
    Last edited by ITdude; 03-14-2011 at 06:39 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    SpecterOps: Powershell Adversary Tactics, SilentBreakSecurity - DarkSideOps, CISSP, CCDP, CCNP R/S, CCNP Security (Secure, FW) , C|EH , PA ACE
    Here are some valuable Cisco video modules, that are free to registered users. They are very informative and help with certain topics on the CCDP, I highly recommend them.

Layer 2 Design https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1322

Using the Top-Down Approach to Network Design https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1376

Identifying Common Component Designs for E-Commerce https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1323

Correcting Common VLAN Configuration Errors https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1561

Advanced Firewall Security Configuration https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1569

Understanding Wireless Network Controller Technology https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1375

Configuring Wireless LANs https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1563

Describing Wireless LAN Topologies https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1560

Also do not forget the 5 sets of study questions.
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/co...h?tab=practice
    Last edited by chrisone; 03-14-2011 at 09:56 PM.
    2017 Goals: Dark Side OPS: Custom Pentesting (complete), SpecterOps: PowerShell Adversary Tactics (completed), eCPPT (2nd attempt), LFCS (4th attempt )
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Got Some...Getting More.
    Looks great! Thank you sir.......
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    An emergency work trip caused me to put down the books for a few days but today will yield some quiet time. Reviewing L2/L3 design with blade servers which is a brief and high level review.

Looks like I get to fly out to Nashville next week to work with a client on many of the topics within the Arch book... always great to put theoretical knowledge to practical use.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    That's pretty sweet! Congrats on the project, the experience is golden. It definitely will be great to put most of the theory into practice, mainly the PPDIOO process and the documentation. The technical aspect of your project most of the time wont always be 100% identical to how one "should" construct a network according to the ARCH exam, but we can take many of the concepts and build one close to it.

Good luck, and don't worry about the time off from studying. Hell I feel like I lost some information if I take fri, sat, sun off from studying. We have to balance both worlds out, like Mr. Miagi said in Karate Kid, "go, find balance" meaning balancing out work and social life hahaha oh and social life doesn't mean parties, bars, clubs.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP, CCIP, CCDP, CCNP: Security/Data Center, CCNA Wireless, CWNA, WCNA
    It's probably a better use of your time to. Using the knowledge in the real world compared to reading books for during that time!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Yep, I take real world experience over studying any day but the combination really ties it all together and engrains it in the noggin.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Got Some...Getting More.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisone View Post
    Good luck, and don't worry about the time off from studying. Hell I feel like I lost some information if I take fri, sat, sun off from studying. We have to balance both worlds out, like Mr. Miagi said in Karate Kid, "go, find balance" meaning balancing out work and social life hahaha oh and social life doesn't mean parties, bars, clubs.
    Wipe on, wipe off. With me it is mostly wiped out!

Have fun with the practical application........
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I just purchased the INE CCDP videos. Although i cringe on the price tag, i understand from the other reviews on here that these are very good videos. Money is of no concern, it is just that looking at the big picture once it is all said and done, the total expenses for this exam is over $400+.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Got Some...Getting More.
    Yea, it is only money, right?

Let us know what you think. From my perspective the CBT Nuggets offer pretty good coverage on many topics but I found a few where he was very light.

I am also somewhat annoyed (picky, I realize), that for the price that they charge, they could have least edited the videos better. I just find things like "CCNP ARCH exam", or constant references to "SHRP" instead of HSRP, etc. just not very professional.

Okay, okay I am getting little cranky from studying.....

P.S. Does INE have a MP3 version that you can listen to while taking a car trip?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    i dont know, i just ordered it like a couple hours ago, i just have my username and password for the member site area. I dont even know if what i bought was a dvd or a login to watch the series on their website.

I would be a little upset if its only an online video series. I hope i get a DVD version of it. I was hoping to get some form of media out of it so i can view on the go. I might have to cancel it and have them refund my money if i dont get a dvd version of it. It just mentions videos, it doesnt mention whether you get a dvd or online. Sigh i should have checked before purchasing.....

Anyone else with this purchase can give me a clear answer if these are only online videos or you get sent a dvd? it mentions course , so i guess i will wait and see what this is all about.
    Last edited by chrisone; 03-28-2011 at 09:10 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Got Some...Getting More.
    I am pretty certain that you get a DVD from them but I thought that I saw that they had a way to download it immediately, too.

It would be nice if they had a MP3 version to listen on the go..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I just emailed them on exactly what i purchased because things just got a little more confusing.

I logged in and noticed it said CCDP (ARCH) 5-Day Bootcamp
    So i clicked on it and i see all the videos there, however i don't like how it says 5 day boot camp! i don't have 5 days to cram everything let alone spend $200 on some access for 5 days. That would be totally lame. I also asked them about the possibility of a DVD video lecture. I asked if they could clear this up because no where on their site does it explain what format the product is in.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Got Some...Getting More.
    I am chatting with them now. I will see if I can get a clarification....

They said:

"We do not have a DVD for the ARCH class just the streaming video. It can be considered a bootcamp and it is broken down into 5 modules. But, it is 20 hours of video."

So, you should have access to it within 30 minutes of purchase.
    Last edited by ITdude; 03-28-2011 at 10:35 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Thanks for the help,

Yeah i just chatted with them online as well and they said the same thing. They mentioned the possibility of a future DVD/Media release. However they mentioned that i have, i guess permanent access to those videos as long as i have my account.

I guess it is not so bad. I will check out a few videos later today. Thanks again for helping.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Got Some...Getting More.
    Sure, they pretty much told me the same but tried to sell me the $1599 all access pass for one year. Ouch!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    hahaha , sales men
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Got Some...Getting More.
    Actually, in this case saleswoman (salesperson to be politically correct)

Let me know your thoughts on the videos.....
    Last edited by ITdude; 03-28-2011 at 11:15 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    how about sales person hahaha

I just watched the first video, seems intriguing. I will let you know how i progress with the videos.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Got Some...Getting More.
    Ok, it looks like the videosprogress in a different order than the Cisco blueprint but as long as they cover the stuff, who cares...I assume each video is about 30-45 minutes long?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Yeah from what it seems, i guess if you divide 20 hours by 39 videos it comes out to 30 minutes, give or take a few minutes here or there. The first video was around 35 minutes.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 First 12 34 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks