+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 First 123 4 Last

Certifications
    Got Some...Getting More.
    Sounds good......
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    SpecterOps: Powershell Adversary Tactics, SilentBreakSecurity - DarkSideOps, CISSP, CCDP, CCNP R/S, CCNP Security (Secure, FW) , C|EH , PA ACE
    Just a little update on my first 2 days with the INE video.

1. The videos are very intriguing and do not drag. Anthony Sequeira presents the material in a very profesional and engaging flow that grabs your attention that will not bore you.

2. It is worth the $199 you pay.

3. Wish i had a DVD version of it, but for pirated concerns i understand this approach.

4. Each video is around 25 to 45 minutes. Not to short nor to long to bore you. 39 videos total with 20 hours of instructor lead videos.

I feel confident i will be ready by late April to take the exam before the last days of the 873 exam. By the way the videos cover the 2.1v topic as well.
    2017 Goals: Dark Side OPS: Custom Pentesting (complete), SpecterOps: PowerShell Adversary Tactics (completed), eCPPT (2nd attempt), LFCS (4th attempt )
    2018 Goals: eCPPT, OSCP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Got Some...Getting More.
    Sounds great. Would you estimate that in a pinch the videos would be just as good as reading the material, or just supplemental? So much to read, so little time.

So, essentially the videos are all in streaming format, so if I decide to go for it, you do not have to wait for shipping as we discussed?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    SpecterOps: Powershell Adversary Tactics, SilentBreakSecurity - DarkSideOps, CISSP, CCDP, CCNP R/S, CCNP Security (Secure, FW) , C|EH , PA ACE
    I would only use the video as a supplement, for a better understanding of what was covered on the book.If you decide to go for it , you will have to wait like an hour or two for the class to show up in your login.
    2017 Goals: Dark Side OPS: Custom Pentesting (complete), SpecterOps: PowerShell Adversary Tactics (completed), eCPPT (2nd attempt), LFCS (4th attempt )
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Got Some...Getting More.
    Okay, thanks. That is what I always do. Read the material first then look at the videos to help reinforce.

Did you already finish the entire Self Study Guide? How long did it take you?

That way you can almost anticipate what they are going to say....If not, you need to re-read, etc.
    Last edited by ITdude; 04-01-2011 at 07:14 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Yeah i finished the self study book. I found it to be a very excellent read. It introduced me to the MEATY topics that senior engineers speak about. The CCDA was to very basic for me and although it helped to reinforce new ideologies, it didn't do much to introduce me to the "This is how, its done" topics.

I am glad i studied and went the design route, it makes your routing and switching on steroids, almost like a puppet master. It took me 3 to 4 months to read the ARCH book. I work full time and i will be honest I did not read it daily and took many weekends off. So I started in December and finished in mid March. Now i am just trying to reinforce the material with quick reference sheets, ARCH book study questions at the end of chapters, and the INE videos. I am looking at last week of April or first week of may to take the test. But i have to finish it before May 11 when the test is phased out.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCIE R&S #38616 and many more!
    I agree the self study text is a great book. I've got about a chapter and a half left to read (taken ~2mos so far), re-read a few sections, and then to finish the videos before attempting the exam. I'm debating on taking the exam next week while I am back in Nashville but may post pone it until the end of the month as well to make sure I am 100% ready.

I'm interested to see how the CCDE stacks up theory wise as compared to the CCDP... maybe a long term (5 year) goal?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Theory wise it probably is a lot more, a 5 year goal is probably over stretching it. You should be able to get it done within 2 years. If one can get a college degree in two years i am sure one can study for 1 test no matter how hard it is, for 2 years and pass it.

The CCDE read list is a lot, similar to the CCIE. However if you plan on completing it within 5 years thats more than enough time, however you have 3 years to keep your exams updated so that they dont expire. So you can use that 3 year expatriation date as a due date to complete your CCDE.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1673
    Last edited by chrisone; 04-06-2011 at 09:18 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    You are right, 5 years is probably overkill for the CCDE but that includes time to prepare for the CCIE R&S and some outside things before the attempt. If all goes well I plan to use the CCIE written towards the 3 year expiration, as well as to renew my Channel Partner certifications while working towards bigger and better goals.

On a side note, almost done with the VoWLAN chapter, so about 70 pages left to read which should be complete by end of the week (sunday). It'll be review time next week and exam time shortly after so expect a lot of review notes to be posted.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    I finished the book and INE videos last week and will be reviewing some weak areas over the next few days. I'm booking my attempt for April 15 @ 3pm. Worst case this gives me ~2 1/2 weeks to try again before the 873 is retired.

Right now my weakest area is Metro Ethernet technologies since I only deal with them every so often.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Got Some...Getting More.
    Good going.....I am working my way through. Was planning to be done with reading by now but have been out of town longer than expected and it has cut into my time, somewhat.

Working on it right now as I want to be done with reading by mid-week. Keep us posted......
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Got Some...Getting More.
    Quote Originally Posted by down77 View Post
    I'm booking my attempt for April 15 @ 3pm. Worst case this gives me ~2 1/2 weeks to try again before the 873 is retired.
    Are you going for this one today? If so, good luck and let us know how it went......
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Good luck amigo! i hope you get that well deserved pass! I will be taking mine before the deadline of May11.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member

Certifications
    Thanks guys, I passed the exam which makes for a great start to the weekend. I'm glad I did a second review before taking the test and believe it or not the INE videos did help. Overall the exam wasn't too horrible but it did make sure that you paid attention to the best practice design details.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Got Some...Getting More.
    Hey, great.....congratulations......I hope that the not too horrible aspect remains across all the exams.

Enjoy your weekend. I will be busy studying........
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP CCIP CCSP CCVP CCDP CCDA CCNA CS-CIPSS CS-CIPTDS CS-CIPTOS CS-CIPCSS CS-CFWS CS-CVPNS CS-CISecS ISSP 4013 4011
    Quote Originally Posted by down77 View Post
    passed
    Congratulations!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member

Certifications
    Thanks again guys. Since it would be a violation of the NDA to say "I had this, this and this" on the exam I'm trying to dig up some smartnet docs or links that I would suggest reading.

An example is to review the Spanning Tree Toolkit found at the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/web/strategy/do...niton_stpt.pdf
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, JNCIA-JUNOS
    Congratulations on the pass
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP, CCIP, CCDP, CCNP: Security/Data Center, CCNA Wireless, CWNA, WCNA
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    congrats! on the pass! i am right behind you bud! hahaha yeah the INE videos have been great! There are some i will need to view again, but everything was great!

AHHHH why do the NBA playoffs have to start right when its crunch time for me with this cert! hahahaha I can do this, i just need to organize my time and study harder while the games are not on.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Senior Member

Certifications
    I feel you on the playoffs! I've been catching the highlights on sports center when my son wakes me up @ 6:30am. It's awesome that the little guy just sits on my lap and watches a few minutes of highlights before asking me to change it to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and cook him breakfast. Not bad for a 2yo!

I'm taking a day off (ok, well 2 days off) to pack for my next trip and then to start reading up on ROUTE during my flight to complete the CCDP/CCNP. On a side note, never let your credentials expire... Its a pain to have to redo all the exams but the information does come back pretty fast. After ROUTE I'll probably do QoS, BGP, then MPLS to finish the CCIP. While it's not required, I've had a few clients ask for assistance with BGP/MPLS lately and it never hurts to have QoS in your back pocket!

Another link I would suggest reviewing before the exam: Netflow & NBAR-based Application Recognition. You would be surprised how many clients have no clue of the types of information that flows through their network.

http://www.cisco.com/application/vnd...00801da7de.ppt
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Looks like they pushed back the exam from May 11 to June 15! so the pressure is off for all of us trying to squeeze in the exam hahaha

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/co...cdp/arch?tab=1
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Senior Member

Certifications
    Wow, if I would have known that I would have pushed back my attempt to spend a little more time on other things. But on the bright side it gives others a great chance to read up before the exam is retired. I wonder the reason for the push-back

How is everyone doing on their studies?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Got Some...Getting More.
    Hmmm..... I was just about to post, that I slayed the ARCH dragon bigtime yesterday afternoon and then this.

No matter, I needed to renew my certs by the end of the month, anyway.

I did not hear about the deadline extension...Interesting.

So, I am thinking about CCIP maybe, enroute to the big one..........
    Last edited by ITdude; 04-21-2011 at 08:04 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by ITdude View Post
    Hmmm..... I was just about to post, that I slayed the ARCH dragon bigtime yesterday afternoon and then this.

No matter, I needed to renew my certs by the end of the month, anyway.

I did not hear about the deadline extension...Interesting.

So, I am thinking about CCIP maybe, enroute to the big one..........
    Major congrats! I'll be following the same path but I need to refresh on route since my BSCI is a bit aged. My plan is ROUTE, QoS, BGP, MPLS (or composite)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 First 123 4 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks