+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Advice

1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CCNA, CCDA, MCP, TOGAF Certified

Question Need Advice

I have bought the books and the CBT nuggets on the CCDA exam. I need a suggestion on the best way to study for this exam also I need to know of some good practice exams (perferably free). I have a background in building automation and know allot about IT but this will be my first Cisco exam as I am moving from BAS to IT. Oh btw, I need to get this certification in the next 1-1.5 months.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

-Phil
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    GCFE, GCED, GCIH, CISSP, CCSP, and others that should never be mentioned
    Welcome aboard!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberguypr View Post
    Welcome aboard!
    Thank you, moving into IT is quite a change for me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Project+, Network+, Security+, CCNA: Security, CCNP R&S, CCDP, CCNP Security
    Welcome!
    If you need this in 1.5 months and this is your first Cisco Certification doubt that will happen. You need to have your CCNA as it is required to take the CCDA exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorio323 View Post
    Welcome!
    If you need this in 1.5 months and this is your first Cisco Certification doubt that will happen. You need to have your CCNA as it is required to take the CCDA exam.
    Where are you reading that? Per Cisco's website-

There are no prerequisite certifications for CCDA, however knowledge at the CCNA level and the CCNP level for switching is recommended to pass the CCDA exam

I understanding switches, routers, subnetting, OSI, TCP/IP Stack and the Physical 802 mediums. Where I am weak is how to tie all this together. If the exam is simply memorization I know most of the CCDA information. Where I need to study is how to implement what I know. Being that I have no idea what the questions on the test are like I have no idea what method of study is best.

-Phil
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP, CCIP, CCDP, CCNP: Security/Data Center, CCNA Wireless, CWNA, WCNA
    The best study method is the one you are most comfortable with, whether it be reading books, watching videos, or instructor led classes.

As far as test questions you could purchase the Boson CCDA practice test they are great.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Project+, Network+, Security+, CCNA: Security, CCNP R&S, CCDP, CCNP Security
    Quote Originally Posted by philz1982 View Post
    Where are you reading that? Per Cisco's website-

There are no prerequisite certifications for CCDA, however knowledge at the CCNA level and the CCNP level for switching is recommended to pass the CCDA exam

I understanding switches, routers, subnetting, OSI, TCP/IP Stack and the Physical 802 mediums. Where I am weak is how to tie all this together. If the exam is simply memorization I know most of the CCDA information. Where I need to study is how to implement what I know. Being that I have no idea what the questions on the test are like I have no idea what method of study is best.

-Phil
    Woah really, I just checked and your right for some reason i thought CCNA was a prerequisite. In that case good luck. If you bought the OFG CCDA study off those questions as they are similiar to the CCDA. Don't worry about the questions you'll do fine if you study hard and put in the work.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNP Voice, CCNA Wireless
    that's interesting i thought CCNA was a prerequisite for CCDA. I have the Cisco Press book and thought it would be low lying fruit to read the book and knock out the exam. Over the years I've learned to never underestimate a Cisco exam ... Is it that simple of an exam?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Member

Certifications
    MCITP: Enterprise Admin, CCNA, VCP, ITILv3 Foundation, Security+, A+
    CCDP requires CCNA...

Valid Cisco CCDA and CCNA certifications or a Cisco CCIE certification in any track can act as a prerequisite.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks