+ Reply to Thread
  1. Member

Certifications
    Sec+, CCENT, Net+, A+, AA General Studies, Certificate of Information Technology

Default Sims on current ICND2, any actual configuring?

I'm just wondering, without violating the NDA, can anyone tell me if the ICND2 sims require any actual configuring. I took and passed ICND1 a couple months ago and the sims mostly involved show commands. I didn't have to configure anything. Does anyone know if this is true for the second test, or are the sims more involved? Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Went to the dark side.... Moderator networker050184's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, JNCIA-JUNOS, JNCIS-SP, JNCIP-SP, MCA200
    No one can tell you that without violating the NDA. I haven't taken the new exam personally, but I'd be prepared to configure stuff if I was going to take it.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    MS: Information Security, CISSP, GCIH, CEH, CHFI, CCNA: S, CCNA: R&S, VCP6-DTM, Linux+, Project+, VCA6-DCV
    I'd just make sure you're familiar with the objectives. There isn't going to be anything crazy that isn't listed in there. Make sure you run through Packet Tracer or whatever you're using as a sim and you should be okay.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA R+S, CCNA:DC, CCNA Security, CCNP R+S, BEng Computer Networking
    Quote Originally Posted by phdillard View Post
    I'm just wondering, without violating the NDA, can anyone tell me if the ICND2 sims require any actual configuring. I took and passed ICND1 a couple months ago and the sims mostly involved show commands. I didn't have to configure anything. Does anyone know if this is true for the second test, or are the sims more involved? Thanks.
    Not sat ICND1, but from my exp from CCNA, CCNP there is always sim configuration. I suppose this is to test your theory and practical skills.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCWKIA (Cisco Certified Wannabe Know It All)
    I don't think I have had an exam yet that has not had some hands on configuration. The only one that for sure does not have any is TSHOOT
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks