+ Reply to Thread
  1. Member

Default 3 months enough time for cyber ops?

In end of July I will be going back to school. I just wondering if 3 months enough time for ccna cyber security? I will be study around 4-5 hours a day. Should I wait until I finish school or could I get it done before July 30? Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Linux+ and CSA+; MCSA: Windows 7, ITIL Foundations
    Three months is how long Cisco is giving their scholarship awardees to go through the material. If you have a background in security, such as experience, training, and/or certifications, then it shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish by the end of July. What resources will you use?
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+, CCENT, CCNA:Sec, CCSK, GCIH
    4-5 hours a day? I'd have to assume in 1 month you could probably knock it out.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stryder144 View Post
    Three months is how long Cisco is giving their scholarship awardees to go through the material. If you have a background in security, such as experience, training, and/or certifications, then it shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish by the end of July. What resources will you use?
    I don't have any exp in security or networking. The only thing I got is a networking degree
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member
    Can you explain what degree you have? I'm a little confused on how you have a degree in Networking which would require a lot of Networking classes & labs/projects but yet say you don't have any experience with it? (I have a degree in Networking)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan9764 View Post
    I don't have any exp in security or networking. The only thing I got is a networking degree
    Last edited by Master Yoda; 04-28-2017 at 03:28 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+, CCENT, CCNA:Sec, CCSK, GCIH
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan9764 View Post
    Seriously, if you already got a networking degree and understand basic networking concepts, I'm pretty sure if your actually putting in 4-5 hours a day and you can get this in one month.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Yoda View Post
    Can you explain what degree you have? I'm a little confused on how you have a degree in Networking which would require a lot of Networking classes & labs/projects but yet say you don't have any experience with it? (I have a degree in Networking)
    I mean I don't have any job exp. After I got my degree, something happen to me and I couldn't get a job. Now I all better, I looking for a job.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

If you can knock it out prior to returning to school, I would recommend it.

I am finishing my AS in Network Infrastructure next week, and Cisco Academy classes were part of the curriculum. I kept telling myself I would find time to really study and take the exam while everything was fresh, but with the amount of full-time school work, I haven't been able to do so.

Once school ends, I will have time to review topics and take the exam.

Your situation may differ, however.

Good luck.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkNewb View Post
    Seriously, if you already got a networking degree and understand basic networking concepts, I'm pretty sure if your actually putting in 4-5 hours a day and you can get this in one month.
    Exactly
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks