Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Certifications
    A few...
    Well I've finally gotten around to adding a new section to this handy little guide.

The new section discusses the future of Cisco's IOS Software, the new licensing model
    and how the new Cisco IOS Images work.

Feel free to comment if you have questions or suggestions

2. SS -->

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+. MCP, CCNA, HP/Dell
    May want to update the first post to reflect the date of the revision. I got the latest adobe and can read it just fine.

I'm going to look over it. Seems to be pretty detailed. It will make for a good read.

KG

Just a note so far while reading it. I think there was a minor mispelling on page 8(and 15), it says:
    "Cisco IOS/IBM briding software"

Maybe it's not a mispelling? I just assume it meant bridge. Never heard of briding and google doesn't know either.

Also on page 9 I see: "The EXEC banner is displayed after a user as authenticated in privileged mode."

(sorry for being a nerdy english teacher here)

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+. MCP, CCNA, HP/Dell
    The information is very detailed and honestly, reading about the boot information blew my mind. Though on page 10 while talking about hostnames you seem to jump into talking about EMI switches, access/distribution layer, layer 3 switches, etc

Seems a bit over the top for CCNA. So far it's good though. I'm learning some new things...I never knew about the "do" command or aliases. o_O

Oh, my english senses are tingling...page 13 I see: "To identify what type of router platform you are on when you are telneted into a you would use the..."

That doesn't sound right. Probably another correction needed there.

Also on page 14 you show an example which says "System bootstrap version 12.1(3r)T2." ...but just below that you state the above is "version 12.2(3r)T2." This may be another minor error.

Certifications
    A few...
    Ahhh yess!!! I'll change those when I can get to them Thanks for pointing those out.

I wrote alot of that guide in the middle of the night burning 15 cups a coffee.

The "do" command is probably my most used command. I do the hell out of
    the do command *laughs* you can also do aliases as well from a config modes

6. Junior Mint
    "...become CCIE before I'm 25 so I can have bragging rights to say I'm the youngest CCIE in America..."

Source?

7. was here.
    Quote Originally Posted by NSSA View Post
    "...become CCIE before I'm 25 so I can have bragging rights to say I'm the youngest CCIE in America..."

Source?
    This is an ancient thread and somebody has already posted to say that there are CCIEs in American who got it before they were 25.

8. Junior Mint
    Quote Originally Posted by tiersten View Post
    This is an ancient thread and somebody has already posted to say that there are CCIEs in American who got it before they were 25.
    Hearsay doesn't count.

Allow me to repeat: source?

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NSSA View Post
    Hearsay doesn't count.

Allow me to repeat: source?
    Brian McGahan was one of the youngest engineers in the world to obtain the CCIE, having achieved his first CCIE in Routing & Switching at the age of 20 in 2002. Brian has been teaching and developing CCIE training courses for over five years, and has assisted hundreds of engineers in obtaining their CCIE certification. When not teaching or developing new products Brian consults with large ISPs and enterprise customers in the midwest region of the United States.
    About Our CCIE Instructors

Edit: Tiersten, you can set it up to use "I'm feeling lucky" as well, so there's less chance for user error

10. was here.
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamik View Post
    About Our CCIE Instructors

Edit: Tiersten, you can set it up to use "I'm feeling lucky" as well, so there's less chance for user error
    Yeah. I tried the I'm feeling lucky but it didn't seem to work. You gave the link anyway

11. Senior Member
    Thanks for sharing mgeorge

Certifications
    A few...
    Wow, who brought this thread back from the dead

13. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CEH CISSP
    Quote Originally Posted by mgeorge View Post
    ..Well Guys I've finally uploaded the PDF version of this Guide, Feel free to download and
    provide ideals and suggestiongs. Note you need Adobe Reader 7.0 to view this file

http://www.lextrain.com/documents/mggios.pdf
    Hi guys! Great forum. Sorry if this is old thread but its stickied and I want this PDF on my kindle. Link is broke. And Googling mggios.pdf turns up spanish doc with musical notation in it.. probly not the right doc

Anybody have a working link to mggios.pdf?
    Can we just throw it up on rapidshare or something?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Social Networking & Bookmarks