+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by alan2308 View Post
    Do you have all the networks put into the RIP process? Are all 3 routers running the same version of RIP? The quick way to see the answer to both is to do a "show ip protocols" on each router and see which networks that it is including in its advertisements.
    I found out my issue when I plotted out a new Visio diagram last night... I was giving each interface a different subnet... I was stunned that I did that! I fixed that addressing /30 addresses to the interfaces. Now I've got an R in the routing tables

I found a cable that I picked up last week... it seems that the cable ends are reversed... the one labelled DTE is really DCE. I had to reverse the cable and I got it working. I don't see how it's possible that the manufacturer messed up the ends especially seeing as they're labelled... whatever, I am up and running now!

I just got a PM from this guy:
    cooldudemanus

with subject: your from bodybuilding.com
    Content: The misc lol.
    -------
    I may have made a post on there a few years ago... I have a stalker now...
    Last edited by Stuppored; 05-13-2010 at 12:28 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNA Sec, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2012, CISSP
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuppored View Post
    I found out my issue when I plotted out a new Visio diagram last night... I was giving each interface a different subnet... I was stunned that I did that! I fixed that addressing /30 addresses to the interfaces. Now I've got an R in the routing tables
    DOH! Glad to see you got it figured out. It always seems to be some little oops like that.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

For Subnetting on the ICND1... does it focus around having the zero subnet turned on or off? ie counting from 0 - 32 etc or just from 32 up? Reviewing Lammle's audio cd is saying that it is turned off but I still remember reading somewhere that by default it is turned on... what am I to assume the default is when they don't mention zero subnet at all on the exam... that it's on or off?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA Security, CCDA, Project+, Linux+
    From my understanding 'ip subnet-zero' is assumed unless it states otherwise, so the 0-31 subnet and 224-255 subnet are valid unless the question states no ip subnet-zero is entered.

Cisco IOS IP Command Reference, Volume 1 of 4: Addressing and Services, Release 12.3 - IP Addressing and Services Commands: ip mask-reply through ip web-cache [Cisco IOS Software Releases 12.3 Mainline] - Cisco Systems shows default is enabled.

[edit] reworded for vague wording.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Excellent... exactly what I thought... but last minute doubts always kick in for the simplest of things right before the big test!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Some tragic news:

Describe the operation of data networks 54%
    Implement a small switched network 100%
    Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services... 11%
    Implement a small routed network 63%
    Explain and select the appropriate administrat... WLAN 100%
    Identify security threats 25%
    Implement and verify WAN links 100%

Well... going through the 90 minutes... I thought the first 30 minutes of questions were simple so I took my time. I hit about halfway mark with 45 minutes remaining. Time from then on in drove up the intensity of finishing questions as quickly as possible.

Dragging and dropping questions.. I had no idea what I was supposed to do with them at first... this inexperience was time wasting.

Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services... 11%
    I was looking at the clock when I decided to ditch the question and move on... cannot read it, understand it and come up with the answer and complete the rest of the questions with the amount of time remaining... ditch

Implement a small routed network 63%
    I can do this in a home lab environment no problemo... must have been a question or two I skipped over quickly

Explain and select the appropriate administrat... WLAN 100%
    I don't like wireless being on the exam!

Describe the operation of data networks 54%
    This one I will admit I was a bit stuck on. The fundmentals of which switch MAC & which router IP entries are here at whatever point in an internetwork I will need to review.

Pros and cons of my test taking experience
    Test center was nice and upscale.. washroom facilities, testing suite.
    Weekend hours for lighting...lights were motion sensored...so they would go out every 10 minutes or so (I did not find out until the end of the exam)
    Another individual was doing a test in the same room... kept reading questions out loud... i wasted time with my thoughts at getting irritated at this guy
    No door on test room... phone calls and people talking in hallways were audible during the exam disrupting my thoughts

Now although I was overall irritated by my surroundings I did learn that this exam is not as difficult as Boson's Exam Environment. I'm debating scheduling the re-taking of this exam next weekend or the weekend thereafter.

The GM of the test center appeared to like my personality as I was asked to submit a resume to potentially become an instructor. I was barely keeping up with the conversation frustrated with my results and my time inefficiencies.

Grrrrr.....
    Last edited by Stuppored; 05-16-2010 at 12:08 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Net+, CCENT, CCNA:R&S, CCNA:W, CCNP:R&S
    This is way off topic, and I really do not mean to hijack your thread if I am, but you mentioned the Boson Exam Environment. I too purchased the ICND1 Cisco Press, but am only 3/4 the way through it. I want to save using the BEE until I have finished the book and labbed my way around the world in 80 days. I know nothing about the software and feel that if I install it, I will sneak a peak and end up taking the prac exam before I am ready. I'm probably just crazy , but what all does the Boson Exam cover? Does it have drag and drop, testlets, sims, everything the real ICND1 has?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by Monkerz View Post
    This is way off topic, and I really do not mean to hijack your thread if I am, but you mentioned the Boson Exam Environment. I too purchased the ICND1 Cisco Press, but am only 3/4 the way through it. I want to save using the BEE until I have finished the book and labbed my way around the world in 80 days. I know nothing about the software and feel that if I install it, I will sneak a peak and end up taking the prac exam before I am ready. I'm probably just crazy , but what all does the Boson Exam cover? Does it have drag and drop, testlets, sims, everything the real ICND1 has?
    It covers everything but at a higher level of difficulty. For example, multiple answer questions.. it will not tell you the number of answers that make up the correct answer. Finish your studying and then dive right into Boson. Your primary goal should be reading comprehension... you'll see what I mean when you get there. I only completed 50 questions of the 161 questions for the Boson test... doing the exam... I read the question, completed what I thought to be correct... and then re-read the question just to make sure there was not a miswording that I had missed. I only caught myself making one wording mistake on the exam... not sure how much of the test time I wasted doing this... but I did so because YOU CANNOT GO BACK.... so when you go through Boson... push yourself to read the text proficiently and answer the question as quickly as possible
    Reply With Quote Quote  

I'm going to begin studying again on my weak points that I obviously missed on my first exam attempt. Good break from studying though... hope I haven't forgotten too much already!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA Security, CCDA, Project+, Linux+
    For example, multiple answer questions.. .. it will not tell you the number of answers that make up the correct answer.
    There's actually a setting you can check for it to show you the number of correct answers.

[edit]: quoted wrong text.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+; Network+; Security+; Project+; CCNP
    Some tragic news:
    Another individual was doing a test in the same room... kept reading questions out loud... i wasted time with my thoughts at getting irritated at this guy
    No door on test room... phone calls and people talking in hallways were audible during the exam disrupting my thoughts

Didn't the test center provide ear plugs? Mine does and even if there isn't anyone in the test room I still put them in pre-test. I would ask and bring my own, even if they don't nor let you use your own at least you tried. I think it's possible for test centers the put people close together so they can monitor them easier.

Nothing is more disracting someone constantly coughing, mumbling, weezing and overall unpleasent. My luck has always got me stuck close to someone like that, kind of like an extra trial outside of your knowledge.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Social Networking & Bookmarks