+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 102
  1. The Hour Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    716
    #1

    Default CCNA lab: Is this posible? I need your help.

    I have 3x 2620 routers, 1 of them has 1 WIC-1T and another one has two WIC-1Ts, and the last one has NM-4A/S.
    I also have one 2620XM router and it has two WIC-1Ts.
    In addition, two 2950 switches, one is 24port and the other one is 12port EI.

    I would like to ping the outside world as part of my lab.
    I everything is wired together. Please look at the attachment.

    The situation is the 2620 w/ NM-4A/S, the fastethernet 0/0 is connected to my FIOS router. Would I be able to ping the internet once everything is setup?

    I don't know how to setup frame relay yet, so the 2620 w/ NM-4A/S will be a regular router for now which suppose to connect me to the internet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. .:|:.:|:. Deathgomper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    351

    Certifications
    A+; Network+; Security+; Project+; CCNP
    #2
    You need to setup a routing protocol and default route throughout you network.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. The Hour Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    716
    #3
    Yes, I know that. But I want to know once all the configuration are done, would I be able to ping Google form the 2620 router fa0/0 connected to the FIOS router using an straight through cable?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    56

    Certifications
    CCNA:S, CCNA:R&S; VCA(DCV,WM,C); A,Net,Sec,Proj+, Some CIW, BS:IT, AAS
    #4
    I don't see why you wouldn't be able to, as long as all your routes are configured properly.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. The Hour Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    716
    #5
    OK cool.
    Thanks guys
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Senior Member blackninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    386

    Certifications
    CCNA Security, CCNP, MCSE (S2003) & LPIC-1
    #6
    I would also connect the 2 switches together with X-overs to practice VLans, VTP, STP, etherchannel etc.


    Then just put routers interfaces in different Vlans on the switch when configuring a lab.

    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Manila Philippines
    Posts
    164

    Certifications
    BS Computer Science, A+, Linux +, MCSA 2003, CCNP
    #7
    Clients on SW2 will not be able to reach R4's C1 if you advertise the directly connected network of 192.168.1.0/24 on R4 to the other routers via a routing protocol.

    You can use a different network for the clients on SW2 or don't advertise the 192.168.1.0/24 from R4 instead just use a default route to get to the cloud. Changing SW2's network would be better for a lab.

    Don't forget to do NAT with PAT overloaded on the interface of R4 that faces the FIOS cloud.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. The Hour Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    716
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by blackninja View Post
    I would also connect the 2 switches together with X-overs to practice VLans, VTP, STP, etherchannel etc.


    Then just put routers interfaces in different Vlans on the switch when configuring a lab.

    Will do, I just remembered you told me that before. I use 2950 fa0/1 and 0/2 and 2950EI fa0/1 and fa0/2 for trunking.

    @jeanathan, NAT and PAT, ok.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. The Hour Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    716
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanathan View Post
    Clients on SW2 will not be able to reach R4's C1 if you advertise the directly connected network of 192.168.1.0/24 on R4 to the other routers via a routing protocol.

    You can use a different network for the clients on SW2 or don't advertise the 192.168.1.0/24 from R4 instead just use a default route to get to the cloud. Changing SW2's network would be better for a lab.

    Don't forget to do NAT with PAT overloaded on the interface of R4 that faces the FIOS cloud.
    Oops, I forgot, should I still use NAT/PAT even though the default gateway is 192.168.1.1/24(FIOS Router)?
    The 192.168.1.0/24 is my internal home network. I have not check my global ip, and I am sure it is dynamic from Verizon.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Senior Member notgoing2fail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,140

    Certifications
    CCNA, CCNA(Security), CSSA
    #10
    I'm pretty sure you'll have to do NAT overload on your R4 router that connects to your FIOS router.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Manila Philippines
    Posts
    164

    Certifications
    BS Computer Science, A+, Linux +, MCSA 2003, CCNP
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by thehourman View Post
    Oops, I forgot, should I still use NAT/PAT even though the default gateway is 192.168.1.1/24(FIOS Router)?
    The 192.168.1.0/24 is my internal home network. I have not check my global ip, and I am sure it is dynamic from Verizon.
    Lets say a host with the IP of 192.168.2.55 sends http request and that packet has a source IP of 192.168.2.55 with the source port number of 19932. And a destination of google.com port 33333.

    Because there is no path from the FIOS router back to the other networks. If the FIOS router gets a packet destined for its public IP address from google.com port 33333 and destined on port 50001 it then uses NAT/PAT to look up an entry that says it was actually destined for maybe 192.168.1.1:40234. and forward it to R4 (which has the IP address 192.168.1.1/24) Now where does the traffic go from there? No where it has arrived at the destination of 192.168.1.1/24 and port 40234 mean nothing to R4 because it does not run NAT/PAT. Wait you say, but I sent original packet from 192.168.2.55/24 how do I get it there! Well if there was a NAT/PAT entry on the router R4 that maps 192.168.1.1:40234 to 192.168.2.55:19932 then it could say the packet destined for 192.168.1.1:40234 has a NAT/PAT entry for the destination of 192.168.2.55/24:19932 and so host 192.168.2.55 gets the packet and uses the port number to pass it to a particular application (Say Firefox) that sent it.

    If you had RIP on the FIOS router you could have all of your lab networks advertised to the FIOS router and it could translate an incoming packet with a Public IP address and port to a NAT/PAT entry for the 192.168.2.55 host and intended destination port using the FIOS router's NAT/PAT table. FIOS does NAT/PAT, but for the public and 192.168.1.0/24 networks it does not do it for the LAB networks. If FIOS knows of the lab networks and they of the networks on the FIOS then only one NAT/PAT table needs to be built. You are not doing RIP between all routers, including the FIOS, so you need two NAT/PAT tables to be built.
    Last edited by jeanathan; 05-01-2010 at 04:02 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. The Hour Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    716
    #12
    I have not setup frame relay yet, but I am gonna ask anyway.

    I have configure everything, and currently using RIP version 2.

    I am trying to use R4 as a regular router with NM-4A/S and 3 of my routers are connected to it. I also entered the clock rate 128000.
    However, the NM-4A/S status is up, but the protocol is down. How do I fix that?

    My other routers can ping each other and I can telnet to them using the Windows CMD, but I can't talk to the R4.
    Last edited by thehourman; 05-01-2010 at 09:13 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. Senior Member notgoing2fail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,140

    Certifications
    CCNA, CCNA(Security), CSSA
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by thehourman View Post
    I have not setup frame relay yet, but I am gonna ask anyway.

    I have configure everything, and currently using RIP version 2.

    I am trying to use R4 as a regular router with NM-4A/S and 3 of my routers are connected to it. I also entered the clock rate 128000.
    However, the NM-4A/S status is up, but the protocol is down. How do I fix that?

    My other routers can ping each other and I can telnet to them using the Windows CMD, but I can't talk to the R4.

    FR is really easy. But do you have your DCE/DTE cables hooked up? You should get the cabling all done so you can troubleshoot any higher layers issues...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  15. The Hour Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    716
    #14
    I just want to try ppp first before I go to FR.
    All the DCE are connected to the R4 just like the picture post#1, and executed the clock rate 128000 on each serial interface on R4.
    I also executed encapsulation ppp, but no luck.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  16. Senior Member notgoing2fail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,140

    Certifications
    CCNA, CCNA(Security), CSSA
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by thehourman View Post
    I just want to try ppp first before I go to FR.
    All the DCE are connected to the R4 just like the picture post#1, and executed the clock rate 128000 on each serial interface on R4.
    I also executed encapsulation ppp, but no luck.

    Ok, well with PPP did you authenticate properly? Are you using PAP or CHAP?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  17. The Hour Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    716
    #16
    I don't know anything about PAP or CHAP. I put it back to HDLC.
    I tried to lower the clock rate 32000 is still nothing.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  18. Senior Member notgoing2fail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,140

    Certifications
    CCNA, CCNA(Security), CSSA
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by thehourman View Post
    I don't know anything about PAP or CHAP. I put it back to HDLC.
    I tried to lower the clock rate 32000 is still nothing.
    Ok with PPP you need to authenticate properly. HDLC is easier since I don't believe there is any authentication needed. Can you paste the interface configs for both routers?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  19. The Hour Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    716
    #18
    This is R4
    FRAMERELAY#show int se1/1
    Serial1/1 is up, line protocol is down
    Hardware is CD2430 in sync mode
    Description: FR S1/1 TO R1
    Internet address is 172.27.0.1/30
    MTU 1500 bytes, BW 128 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,
    reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
    Encapsulation HDLC, loopback not set
    Keepalive set (10 sec)
    Last input never, output 00:00:09, output hang never
    Last clearing of "show interface" counters 00:11:57
    Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0
    Queueing strategy: weighted fair
    Output queue: 0/1000/64/0 (size/max total/threshold/drops)
    Conversations 0/1/32 (active/max active/max total)
    Reserved Conversations 0/0 (allocated/max allocated)
    Available Bandwidth 96 kilobits/sec
    5 minute input rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec
    5 minute output rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec
    0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer
    Received 0 broadcasts, 0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles
    0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
    72 packets output, 1728 bytes, 0 underruns
    0 output errors, 0 collisions, 24 interface resets
    0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out
    48 carrier transitions
    DCD=up DSR=up DTR=up RTS=up CTS=up

    This is R1
    R1#show int se0/1
    Serial0/1 is up, line protocol is down
    Hardware is PowerQUICC Serial
    Description: S0/1 TO FRAME RELAY S0/1
    Internet address is 172.27.0.2/30
    MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1544 Kbit/sec, DLY 20000 usec,
    reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
    Encapsulation HDLC, loopback not set
    Keepalive set (10 sec)
    Last input never, output never, output hang never
    Last clearing of "show interface" counters never
    Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0
    Queueing strategy: weighted fair
    Output queue: 0/1000/64/0 (size/max total/threshold/drops)
    Conversations 0/2/256 (active/max active/max total)
    Reserved Conversations 0/0 (allocated/max allocated)
    Available Bandwidth 1158 kilobits/sec
    5 minute input rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec
    5 minute output rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec
    0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer
    Received 0 broadcasts, 0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles
    0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
    434 packets output, 11042 bytes, 0 underruns
    0 output errors, 0 collisions, 565 interface resets
    0 unknown protocol drops
    0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out
    479 carrier transitions
    DCD=up DSR=up DTR=up RTS=up CTS=up
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  20. Senior Member notgoing2fail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,140

    Certifications
    CCNA, CCNA(Security), CSSA
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by thehourman View Post
    This is R4
    FRAMERELAY#show int se1/1
    Serial1/1 is up, line protocol is down
    Hardware is CD2430 in sync mode
    Description: FR S1/1 TO R1
    Internet address is 172.27.0.1/30
    MTU 1500 bytes, BW 128 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,
    reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
    Encapsulation HDLC, loopback not set
    Keepalive set (10 sec)
    Last input never, output 00:00:09, output hang never
    Last clearing of "show interface" counters 00:11:57
    Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0
    Queueing strategy: weighted fair
    Output queue: 0/1000/64/0 (size/max total/threshold/drops)
    Conversations 0/1/32 (active/max active/max total)
    Reserved Conversations 0/0 (allocated/max allocated)
    Available Bandwidth 96 kilobits/sec
    5 minute input rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec
    5 minute output rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec
    0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer
    Received 0 broadcasts, 0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles
    0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
    72 packets output, 1728 bytes, 0 underruns
    0 output errors, 0 collisions, 24 interface resets
    0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out
    48 carrier transitions
    DCD=up DSR=up DTR=up RTS=up CTS=up

    This is R1
    R1#show int se0/1
    Serial0/1 is up, line protocol is down
    Hardware is PowerQUICC Serial
    Description: S0/1 TO FRAME RELAY S0/1
    Internet address is 172.27.0.2/30
    MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1544 Kbit/sec, DLY 20000 usec,
    reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
    Encapsulation HDLC, loopback not set
    Keepalive set (10 sec)
    Last input never, output never, output hang never
    Last clearing of "show interface" counters never
    Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0
    Queueing strategy: weighted fair
    Output queue: 0/1000/64/0 (size/max total/threshold/drops)
    Conversations 0/2/256 (active/max active/max total)
    Reserved Conversations 0/0 (allocated/max allocated)
    Available Bandwidth 1158 kilobits/sec
    5 minute input rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec
    5 minute output rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec
    0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer
    Received 0 broadcasts, 0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles
    0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
    434 packets output, 11042 bytes, 0 underruns
    0 output errors, 0 collisions, 565 interface resets
    0 unknown protocol drops
    0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out
    479 carrier transitions
    DCD=up DSR=up DTR=up RTS=up CTS=up



    lol, ok but that's your interface stats, not your interface config....what's your config!!!

    just do a show run and copy and paste....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  21. The Hour Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    716
    #20
    Code:
    R1#show running-config
    Building configuration...
    
    Current configuration : 1519 bytes
    !
    ! Last configuration change at 17:05:44 UTC Sat May 1 2010
    ! NVRAM config last updated at 14:27:06 UTC Sat May 1 2010
    !
    version 12.4
    service timestamps debug datetime msec
    service timestamps log datetime msec
    service password-encryption
    !
    hostname R1
    !
    boot-start-marker
    boot-end-marker
    !
    enable secret 5 $1$BMgc$6blAfClujEMdGXKlc6/rf.
    !
    no aaa new-model
    no network-clock-participate slot 1
    no network-clock-participate wic 0
    ip cef
    !
    !
    !
    !
    no ip domain lookup
    ip auth-proxy max-nodata-conns 3
    ip admission max-nodata-conns 3
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/0
     description FA0/0 TO SW1 PORT12
     ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
     speed 100
     full-duplex
    !
    interface Serial0/0
     description S0/0 TO R2 S0/0
     ip address 172.27.0.9 255.255.255.252
     clock rate 128000
    !
    interface Serial0/1
     description S0/1 TO FRAME RELAY S0/1
     ip address 172.27.0.2 255.255.255.252
    !
    !
    router rip
     version 2
     network 172.27.0.0
     network 192.168.1.0
     network 192.168.2.0
    !
    ip forward-protocol nd
    !
    !
    no ip http server
    no ip http secure-server
    !
    !
    !
    !
    control-plane
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    banner motd ^C
    *************************************************
                       WARNING!!!
            UNAUTORIZED USERS ARE PHOHIBITED
    *************************************************
    ^C
    !
    line con 0
     exec-timeout 60 0
     password 7 110A1016141D
     logging synchronous
     login
    line aux 0
    line vty 0 4
     exec-timeout 60 0
     password 7 110A1016141D
     logging synchronous
     login
    !
    !
    end
    
    
    
    FRAMERELAY#show running-config
    Building configuration...
    
    Current configuration : 1281 bytes
    !
    ! Last configuration change at 17:54:39 UTC Sat May 1 2010
    ! NVRAM config last updated at 17:19:03 UTC Sat May 1 2010
    !
    version 12.3
    service timestamps debug datetime msec
    service timestamps log datetime msec
    no service password-encryption
    !
    hostname FRAMERELAY
    !
    enable secret 5 $1$MEEj$aZ0syzo70o9A/enbNPoy80
    !
    ip subnet-zero
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/0
     description FA0/0 TO FIOS
     no ip address
     shutdown
     duplex auto
     speed auto
    !
    interface Serial1/0
     no ip address
     shutdown
    !
    interface Serial1/1
     description FR S1/1 TO R1
     ip address 172.27.0.1 255.255.255.252
     clockrate 32000
    !
    interface Serial1/2
     description FR S1/2 TO R2
     ip address 172.27.0.5 255.255.255.252
     clockrate 32000
    !
    interface Serial1/3
     description FR S1/3 TO R3
     ip address 172.27.0.13 255.255.255.252
     clockrate 32000
    !
    router rip
     version 2
     network 172.27.0.0
    !
    ip http server
    ip classless
    !
    !
    banner motd ^C
    *************************************************
                      WARNING!!!
           UNAUTORIZED USERS ARE PROHIBITED
    *************************************************
    ^C
    !
    line con 0
     exec-timeout 60 0
     password cisco
     logging synchronous
     login
    line aux 0
    line vty 0 4
     exec-timeout 60 0
     password cisco
     logging synchronous
     login
    !
    !
    !
    end
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  22. Senior Member notgoing2fail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,140

    Certifications
    CCNA, CCNA(Security), CSSA
    #21
    strange, it looks ok to me. I assume the interfaces are not shutdown right?

    There's really not much to HDLC. The only thing I can think of is that the R4 cable doesn't have the DCE side...can you confirm?

    show controller s1/1 on the R4 router...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  23. The Hour Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    716
    #22
    I changed the cable with the same settings and the status is still up and the protocol is still down.
    The cable new cable was from R1 to R2. I can ping and telnet from both routers back and forth with that cable.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  24. Senior Member notgoing2fail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,140

    Certifications
    CCNA, CCNA(Security), CSSA
    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by thehourman View Post
    I changed the cable with the same settings and the status is still up and the protocol is still down.
    The cable new cable was from R1 to R2. I can ping and telnet from both routers back and forth with that cable.

    Hmm...do me a favor and turn off RIP on both routers and see what happens?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  25. The Hour Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    716
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by notgoing2fail View Post
    Hmm...do me a favor and turn off RIP on both routers and see what happens?
    OK, I executed the command no router rip on both R1 and R4, the status is up, but the protocol is still down.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  26. Senior Member notgoing2fail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,140

    Certifications
    CCNA, CCNA(Security), CSSA
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by thehourman View Post
    OK, I executed the command no router rip on both R1 and R4, the status is up, but the protocol is still down.

    Well let me lab this up real quick, I'm almost positive my lab will work. LOL.
    But I am quite curious why it's not for you.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks