+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ & Network+ MCIPT, CCNA, Mech Eng-BS
    Yes I forgot about that, one of the other guys, add the SSL3 to his unit, but i do not know Linux well enough to do that, I just set the exception in FireFox, and then put a Favorites in my Bookmarks for the scs1620.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    BSc (Hons) Computer Science, A+, Network+, Security+, DCSE, MCP, CCENT, CCNA.
    I'm getting better at linux, but not enough to do that. Still in the learning stages really. I would like to learn more, but I really don't have the time.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    How do I assign the IP's to each device on my lantronix? I read through the user manual, enabled all the ports, I also went through on the web part of the lantronix and enabled the correct connection settings.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ & Network+ MCIPT, CCNA, Mech Eng-BS
    Crap! Been a while since I set mine up, after setting it up I put all the device/IPs into PuTTY with their information and saved it. I have not changed it since then.

I will have to look through my notes and see what I had to do, but for some reason I think it was done through the GUI/Web interface.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    That's what I thought, too. But I can't seem to find anywhere to assign the IP's to the device ports. Perhaps you wouldn't mind looking through the GUI on yours? I think I might be having a blonde moment since my football team lost today /facepalm.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    woot! I got it working. Just had to go in and modify a couple of files on the flash card. Now I can start making more cables!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member

Default How to create the SCS1620 console cable?

====Mine was kinda a mess, so I had to build the Console Cable so that I could see what was going on, when it boot, it had OLD firmware and a password I could not get out, so the Server got a re-flash.====

How did you build that console cable and how do you re-flash. I'm really new but I'd love to get this puppy working
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member Registered Member

Talking Password issues

I bought one of theses on eBay. It seems to work well but someone changed the default password and I can't login to it. How can I fix this if I can't console in. Is there a way to reset the unit to factory?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP: R&S, CIW: Web Foundations; MCTS: Active Directory; MCP: 2000 Professional; CNA: NetWare 5; CompTIA A+
    Quote Originally Posted by bcall64 View Post
    My issue with that resolution is I pretty much am limited to 443 and 80 at work.
    This is way beyond the CCENT level, but if you ever get into the Security track, you can use an SSL VPN. Because it uses TCP 443 it has no issues getting through most firewalls.

[EDIT] Just noticed the topic is from 5 years ago.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Social Networking & Bookmarks