+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 First 12 3 Last
  1. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Congrats on pass!!
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    OSCP, eCPPT, CCENT, CCNA, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, MCTS: Server 08 Apps Infrastructure Configuring, A+, Security+, Net+
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakinggamer87 View Post
    Congrats on pass!!
    Much appreciated!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by altjx View Post
    I've told myself I'll never work part time again, because in college I hated that. I felt so limited on my salary, it was ridiculous and especially because I was happier at work than school. I'll probably take a few classes per semester and see how well it plays out with my new position.
    Pay isn't to bad can't really complain to much at $48 an hour (only about lack of hours , approx 21 a week)
    I've just got to finish the degree then look at decent paying jobs not casual jobs.
    Work on embedded systems (currently omap with embedded linux then back on to fpgas next year) and netowrk/sensor systems development.

Plus I know when I finish the degree ,I'll find something else to learn (keep going with cisco etc )
    Last edited by alxx; 12-10-2011 at 03:45 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Security+,ITIL,CWTS,CWNA, CCENT,CCNA,CCNP
    Sorry for the belated congrats! great job on your pass.Your notes are excellent by the way
    I read earlier you used Boson. May i ask you how the Boson ICND2 ex sim max questions compared to the real thing?
    thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    OSCP, eCPPT, CCENT, CCNA, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, MCTS: Server 08 Apps Infrastructure Configuring, A+, Security+, Net+
    Quote Originally Posted by MrXpert View Post
    Sorry for the belated congrats! great job on your pass.Your notes are excellent by the way
    I read earlier you used Boson. May i ask you how the Boson ICND2 ex sim max questions compared to the real thing?
    thanks
    Thanks! I personally think the Bodon environment was a little tougher. I had the same opinion for ICND1 as well. I got tired of looking at the software after about taking all 150 questions about 10-15 times over 2 months. I eventually stopped because I started knowing the answers before reading the questions and it became tiring.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Security+,ITIL,CWTS,CWNA, CCENT,CCNA,CCNP
    That's good news, I thought the same thing with ICND1 but with the ICND2 Boson questions I wasn't so sure whether it maybe harder or easier than the real thing.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Yeah, I didn't really like the way Boson prepared me, but since the questions were definitely relevant to the book, I figured it was good just to use it to brush up on.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member Registered Member
    Congrats man, I wish some day I would be able to achieve CCNA cert, do you have any advise for newb like me? I have given myself 8 months to get the cert done, is that enough time, what kind of material you recommend? Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Likeawind View Post
    Congrats man, I wish some day I would be able to achieve CCNA cert, do you have any advise for newb like me? I have given myself 8 months to get the cert done, is that enough time, what kind of material you recommend? Thanks
    Well, I made sure I did a lot of reading, and took as many notes as I could. Not knowing how in depth the exam would be, I made sure I jotted down everything I didn't know, and that resulted in about 50+ pages of notes. Nothing's ever wrong with that. I know all the reading can become tiring, but the more you practice the material and go over the material, the more it'll become easy to you. Also, for me, I catch on when I review my notes OVER TIME. Mastering everything for 1 or 2 days is nothing because a week later half the information will be forgotten. So I'd just recommend practice it again, again, again, the week later, the week later again, until you finally got it all down.

I used the CD that came with the ICND2 Official Certification Guide, and I used some training videos through the job, and also I've taken the Cisco class in college, so that was a huge plus too. Of course here, I've spammed (not really) the forums with tons of questions I've had regarding the book, practice scenarios from the practice questions, etc. These guys are very supportive! Just keep up your persistence and don't let yourself "take long breaks" like most who procrastinate.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Member

Certifications
    BS, M. Ed., A+, Net+, 70-680
    Congrats, bro! That's awesome.

Personally, I believe the best option in IT is to get a job that will pay for your college. Building experience and getting degrees at the same time is the best route for those who are up for it. It may take longer, but I believe its much more efficient than going to college first and then getting a job (speaking from experience on that one ).

And thanks for sharing your notes! They are a fantastic resource and much appreciated.

Brandon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Congratulations!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by CbrandonB View Post
    Congrats, bro! That's awesome.

Personally, I believe the best option in IT is to get a job that will pay for your college. Building experience and getting degrees at the same time is the best route for those who are up for it. It may take longer, but I believe its much more efficient than going to college first and then getting a job (speaking from experience on that one ).

And thanks for sharing your notes! They are a fantastic resource and much appreciated.

Brandon
    I completely agree. Working and in school at the same time is 2 ways of advancing the career and knowledge, so it's definitely the best idea to get a job in IT while in school if possible. A lot of things that are learned can be implemented at work, and vice versa, making school a bit easier.

Thanks for your complement regarding my notes. I'm glad you liked them!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Junior Member Registered Member
    Congrats!!!

I'm about to take the icnd2 exam in 30 days also. I was looking at your Icnd2 commands and they're great, but I can't locate your icnd2 notes. it would really help to see another view, is there any way i can get a copy of the notes? the link to the notes is not working.

Thanks!

Dogtag
    Last edited by dogtag; 01-10-2012 at 03:41 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by dogtag View Post
    Congrats!!! i'm about to take the icnd2 exam in 30 days too. I was looking at your Icnd2 commands but can't locate your icnd2 notes. it would really help to see another view, is there a way i can get a copy?

Thanks!

Dogtag
    Sorry about that. Go ahead and try clicking the links in the first post again. I had renamed them so the link didn't work, but I put them back to the original.

Also, I've uploaded CCENT/CCNA Commands and Notes to a zip file on Mediafire: CCENT & CCNA.zip
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, MCSA/MCSE:Sec, MCITP:VA, CIW
    thanks for the notes. I'm about to take ICND1 tomorrow and ICND2 in 2 weeks. Those commands you put down, those are all that you memorized? Good god my brain is gonna go numb lol.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by lenell86 View Post
    thanks for the notes. I'm about to take ICND1 tomorrow and ICND2 in 2 weeks. Those commands you put down, those are all that you memorized? Good god my brain is gonna go numb lol.
    Haha. To be honest, yeah. I memorized probably about 98% of all the commands and their description in case I was asked. I just wasn't sure as to how in-depth the exams would go.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Member

Certifications
    isn't the help (?) command available? Couldn't I just fumble with that and just go by with that lol?? It's pretty easy to figure it out, if the help command is there. Did you see if it was?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA
    in my exam it wasn't available (neither the tab key), it is also specified in the cisco exam tutorial
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Member

Certifications
    ummm time to crap my pants...lol...guess i'll have to re-schedule. I don't memorize even a quarter of those commands on altjx's compilation lmao..I figured I'd go in there and just use the help command and fumble around...oops
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Member

Certifications
    Reason why I thought it was available was because Jeremy from the CBT Nuggets CCENT video, he definitely said the help (?) command was available on the test. Then again, the videos were produced in 2007, so Cisco may have pulled the plug since then.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA R&S/S, ITIL V3(2011), CompTIA Green IT, VCA-DCV
    in the last one i did, in some testlets it worked and others did
    Currently Studying: CCNP Security
    300-206 - Completed 04-Jul-2014
    300-209 - Completed 09-May-2017
    300-208 - TBC
    300-210 - TBC
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCENT
    Way to go on passing ICND 2 Altjx. Congratz on the score. I will also link your notes.
    I am doing the Cisco Network Academy at my local college and we are finishing up on Network Fundamentals 4.0 and are getting ready to take the final and move into the Routeing Protocols and concepts ( CCNA 2 ). I am sure your notes will prove most helpful. Thank you again for notes and congratulations on you CCNA !!
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA
    Congratz!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by maddem View Post
    Congratz!
    Thanks!!

Reason why I thought it was available was because Jeremy from the CBT Nuggets CCENT video, he definitely said the help (?) command was available on the test. Then again, the videos were produced in 2007, so Cisco may have pulled the plug since then.
    Yeah, I believe they made those videos back in 07 and I'm not 100% if the exam contains the same material from 2007, although it really might. Don't quite me on that. The help command was definitely not available when I took my exam, but I didn't even need it. I was curious and just tried it and it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by mgmguy1 View Post
    Way to go on passing ICND 2 Altjx. Congratz on the score. I will also link your notes.
    I am doing the Cisco Network Academy at my local college and we are finishing up on Network Fundamentals 4.0 and are getting ready to take the final and move into the Routeing Protocols and concepts ( CCNA 2 ). I am sure your notes will prove most helpful. Thank you again for notes and congratulations on you CCNA !!
    Thanks a lot and I hope you enjoy my notes. Feel free to message me if you need any help or just for whatever. I want to stay updated as fresh as possible on this material considering I won't be studying for another certification for a year or so.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    ummm time to crap my pants...lol...guess i'll have to re-schedule. I don't memorize even a quarter of those commands on altjx's compilation lmao..I figured I'd go in there and just use the help command and fumble around...oops
    Haha, not even a quarter of them man?? Yeah, lol. The exam didn't allow the help command for me. I think it just told me Unrecognized Command. I don't think they're that hard to remember, but of course it won't be one of those things that just takes 2 days of looking at it for hours. It'll take looking at it constantly for awhile until it becomes second nature to you.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 First 12 3 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks