+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123
Results 51 to 66 of 66
  1. Matrix(Config)# Roguetadhg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    2,380

    Certifications
    #Cisco: NA #CompTIA: A.N.S
    #51
    the CBT videos did help. It's a great supplemental guide - and it's entertaining.

    Your notes make mine look pitiful. But then again, going for your college degrees, I'd expect you know how to take notes.

    I'll definitely read over them tonight.

    the ? command worked and sometimes didn't work for me in ICND1. knowing multiple ways around the commands for the same information helped a lot.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member altjx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    193

    Certifications
    OSCP, eCPPT, CCENT, CCNA, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, MCTS: Server 08 Apps Infrastructure Configuring, A+, Security+, Net+
    #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Roguetadhg View Post
    the CBT videos did help. It's a great supplemental guide - and it's entertaining.

    Your notes make mine look pitiful. But then again, going for your college degrees, I'd expect you know how to take notes.

    I'll definitely read over them tonight.

    the ? command worked and sometimes didn't work for me in ICND1. knowing multiple ways around the commands for the same information helped a lot.
    Thanks man. They are much more organized than my Windows 7 notes and I'm glad I got a feedback on the organization aspect of it as well. Hoping this will take me pretty far through my next few years of college.

    I agree, I think the ? command worked on the first half of the ICND1, but I didn't have to really use it on the second half. I mean actually, I just had to do a few show commands and those are probably the most basic commands in IOS if you ask me. The tough part is when it comes to the configuration part of it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    75

    Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, MCSA/MCSE:Sec, MCITP:VA, CIW
    #53
    Quote Originally Posted by angel.oa View Post
    in my exam it wasn't available (neither the tab key), it is also specified in the cisco exam tutorial
    just passed icnd1 today. Both the tab and help (?) was available...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Senior Member altjx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    193

    Certifications
    OSCP, eCPPT, CCENT, CCNA, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, MCTS: Server 08 Apps Infrastructure Configuring, A+, Security+, Net+
    #54
    Quote Originally Posted by lenell86 View Post
    just passed icnd1 today. Both the tab and help (?) was available...
    Congrats! I think they are referring to the ICND2 with the help command. For me, I was able to use it in the ICND1, but not ICND2.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Just Landed... getitngo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    44

    Certifications
    Network+, Project+, MCP, MCTS, MCITP:SA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNP SWITCH
    #55
    @ altjx,

    I'm getting ready for this test in a few weeks and I have been carrying around my icnd1 book with highlighted sections and handwritten notes to and from work and it has been a pain. I would like to thank you for creating these notes and making them readily available. I had them printed & binded at kinkos a couple of days ago and it has made studying on the go alot easier. thanks! oh and belated congrats on passing icnd1 & 2
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Senior Member altjx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    193

    Certifications
    OSCP, eCPPT, CCENT, CCNA, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, MCTS: Server 08 Apps Infrastructure Configuring, A+, Security+, Net+
    #56
    Quote Originally Posted by getitngo View Post
    @ altjx,

    I'm getting ready for this test in a few weeks and I have been carrying around my icnd1 book with highlighted sections and handwritten notes to and from work and it has been a pain. I would like to thank you for creating these notes and making them readily available. I had them printed & binded at kinkos a couple of days ago and it has made studying on the go alot easier. thanks! oh and belated congrats on passing icnd1 & 2
    Thank you! I'm glad my notes were able to help you. Good luck on your exam and don't forget to let us know how you did
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    83
    #57
    Hi Altjx

    Congratulations for becoming a CCNA and how long did you study CCNA for getting this achievement because I am studying CCNA through self-study guide from TODD LAMMLE, WENDELL ODOM and couple of videos like CBT NUGGETS, TRAINSIGNAL...

    Please advise me !

    I am studying CCNA for past three years through self study and my studying habit is not consistent due to that when I am studying from beginning towards the end , I am forgetting the beginning even though I am fully understanding the concepts and going further.

    If I understand in my study, then only I go further.... this is my bad habit.... I know

    Please give me some tips to attend the exam.

    I attended Boson exam environment and got only 50% in the exam .

    Please advise me!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Senior Member altjx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    193

    Certifications
    OSCP, eCPPT, CCENT, CCNA, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, MCTS: Server 08 Apps Infrastructure Configuring, A+, Security+, Net+
    #58
    Quote Originally Posted by shanparames View Post
    Hi Altjx

    Congratulations for becoming a CCNA and how long did you study CCNA for getting this achievement because I am studying CCNA through self-study guide from TODD LAMMLE, WENDELL ODOM and couple of videos like CBT NUGGETS, TRAINSIGNAL...

    Please advise me !

    I am studying CCNA for past three years through self study and my studying habit is not consistent due to that when I am studying from beginning towards the end , I am forgetting the beginning even though I am fully understanding the concepts and going further.

    If I understand in my study, then only I go further.... this is my bad habit.... I know

    Please give me some tips to attend the exam.

    I attended Boson exam environment and got only 50% in the exam .

    Please advise me!
    Thank you!

    In addition to taking the courses Cisco 1 - 4 for 2 years in college, I studied for 2 months consistently for the first half, and then another 2 months consistently for the second half. As you can tell from my notes, I've invested a lot of time getting all of the details and practicing everything in Packet Tracer.

    I would recommend doing the Boson Exam a few more times until you're able to master that, and then move on to another set of practice tests. Once completed those, go back to the Boson Exam and see if you can still get those answers correct. While knowing you may have chose wrong answers, it's helpful to know why the wrong answer is wrong, and the right answer is right.

    Personally, the Boson exam didn't really compare to the real exam, but you never know.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    83
    #59
    Thanks atjx for your advice and I will follow the hints given by you!

    And can you please give me some good details or links about NAT, FRAME RELAY & SUMMARIZATION?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Senior Member altjx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    193

    Certifications
    OSCP, eCPPT, CCENT, CCNA, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, MCTS: Server 08 Apps Infrastructure Configuring, A+, Security+, Net+
    #60
    Quote Originally Posted by shanparames View Post
    Thanks atjx for your advice and I will follow the hints given by you!

    And can you please give me some good details or links about NAT, FRAME RELAY & SUMMARIZATION?

    I honestly would recommend you looking over my notes. Since passing the ICND2, I haven't touched much of the information. Feel free to ask away any questions though and I'll help you out. Not sure what information in regards to NAT, frame relay, and route summarization you're seeking.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    83
    #61

    Default Basics of NAT,SUMMARIZATION & FRAME RELAY needed!

    Quote Originally Posted by altjx View Post
    I honestly would recommend you looking over my notes. Since passing the ICND2, I haven't touched much of the information. Feel free to ask away any questions though and I'll help you out. Not sure what information in regards to NAT, frame relay, and route summarization you're seeking.


    Thanks for your advice and what I am seeking is the basics of the mentioned topics.

    Since in NAT confusing terms are lot .....

    In FRAME RELAY the concept is vague

    Summarization...... easy way to tackle the question in the exam


    I think that after going through your notes I can get an idea
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Senior Member altjx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    193

    Certifications
    OSCP, eCPPT, CCENT, CCNA, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, MCTS: Server 08 Apps Infrastructure Configuring, A+, Security+, Net+
    #62
    Quote Originally Posted by shanparames View Post
    Thanks for your advice and what I am seeking is the basics of the mentioned topics.

    Since in NAT confusing terms are lot .....

    In FRAME RELAY the concept is vague

    Summarization...... easy way to tackle the question in the exam


    I think that after going through your notes I can get an idea
    No problem. Hope they help. Sorry I wasn't able to give you more information on the spot like that. Been a minute since I've been in there and wouldn't want to point you down a weird path, lol.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    83
    #63
    Hi Altjx

    I appreciate your efforts and your broadminded attitude to help others (I also have to sit for the CCNA EXAM) in the CCNA EXAM PREPARATION.

    I would like to inform you that in your ICND1 notes pdf file , page 18/88 it is wrongly printed " Classless routing protocols do not support the advertisement of subnet information. "

    Please kindly have a look at it.Am I right in my suggestion?
    Instead of Classless, it should be classful routing protocols do not support the advertisement of subnet information.

    Last edited by shanparames; 01-28-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  15. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    162

    Certifications
    Security+
    #64
    I'm planning on INCD1 in Feb and INCD2 ~April. I'm using CBT's and the latest Cisco Press books on top of labbing. Definitely grabbing and using your notes after going through all the comments. Thanks for sharing.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  16. Senior Member altjx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    193

    Certifications
    OSCP, eCPPT, CCENT, CCNA, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, MCTS: Server 08 Apps Infrastructure Configuring, A+, Security+, Net+
    #65
    Quote Originally Posted by shanparames View Post
    Hi Altjx

    I appreciate your efforts and your broadminded attitude to help others (I also have to sit for the CCNA EXAM) in the CCNA EXAM PREPARATION.

    I would like to inform you that in your ICND1 notes pdf file , page 18/88 it is wrongly printed " Classless routing protocols do not support the advertisement of subnet information. "

    Please kindly have a look at it.Am I right in my suggestion?
    Instead of Classless, it should be classful routing protocols do not support the advertisement of subnet information.

    Hey snanparames, you're correct. Thanks for catching that. I'll update my notes to include that typo fix.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  17. Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    83
    #66
    Once again, I thank you for your involvement in the CCNA EXAM PREPARATION HELP contributed by you to others CCNA ASPIRANTS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks