+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Default CCENT Lab Questions

Hi All,

New poster here. I've finally booked iCND1 for mid December after taking the course 18 months ago and not doing much since. I'm fortunate to get hands on with Cisco kit on a regular basis such as ASA 5510/20's and basic switch admin but really want to up my game now, so studying a fair amount. Have the Wendell book, ICND1 material from the course including simulator, CBT Nuggets and also lucky enough to have some kit from work I can set up as a lab. This is where my questions are...

i have the following:

2 x 2611 routers
    1 x 2811 router
    1 x 3750 switch
    3 x 2950 switches
    both 2611 have 1 serial port cards in

All the above have config on so I'd like to put them back to factory spec, I'd like to get some pointers ideally on how to do this and set the above up for an ideal ccent/ccna lab. Anyone have any step by steps or websites they can point me to for any additional reading?

many thanks in advance

Dan
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. Login/register to remove this advertisement.

Certifications
    CCNA, MCP, S+, N+, A+
    For ICND1 you don't need to do anything crazy. Reset the devices to factory default,clear the passwords/configs.
    Last edited by JeanM; 10-15-2012 at 11:08 PM.
    2014 goals - ccna voice and vmware vcp.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, CCNA
    If you're looking for Labs, check out the Lab Gear info in my Sig below.

hth
    CCENT/CCNA Home Lab Ideas: http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna...tml#post683358
    Can I Subnet Correctly Often
    A spark of encouragement can ignite great endeavors
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Network+, CCENT, CCNA
    To me, it sounds like he is asking how to reset his device back to factory settings. Not what equipment he should get.

Routers
    Password Recovery Procedure for the Cisco 2600 and 2800 Series Routers - Cisco Systems

Switches
    Cisco Catalyst Fixed Configuration Layer 2 and Layer 3 Switches - Cisco Systems
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    B.S. CSIT; CompTIA A+, Network+; CCNA, CCNP R&S
    Check out this lab book. Good for both CCENT/CCNA prep. I have been using it the past week and am really liking it.
    101 Labs for the Cisco CCNA Exam: Paul W Browning,Farai Tafa,Stuart Juggins: 9780955781520: Amazon.com: Books
    2014 Certification Goals: CCIE Studies, CCDA/DP, Become better in Python & Linux

"Listen to me: don't quit, don't give up. If it get's hard tie a knot around yourself, you double tie it if you have to, but you hold on"

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Network+, CCENT, CCNA
    Quote Originally Posted by FloOz View Post
    Check out this lab book. Good for both CCENT/CCNA prep. I have been using it the past week and am really liking it.
    101 Labs for the Cisco CCNA Exam: Paul W Browning,Farai Tafa,Stuart Juggins: 9780955781520: Amazon.com: Books
    For a second, I was blown away at the $84 price point... eeek. But the kindle edition is only $10! Hell, I picked that up! Thanks for the link
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, CCNA
    My Lab Gear info also has Lab workbooks (Free & Paid) that has scenarios in them for CCENT/CCNA. You can use live gear or simulators/emulators (listed there too).

hth
    CCENT/CCNA Home Lab Ideas: http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna...tml#post683358
    Can I Subnet Correctly Often
    A spark of encouragement can ignite great endeavors
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks