+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Unhappy Trouble with FTP and Cisco 3725 Router ~CLOSED~

Hi All! First time posting, and really need a little help! Ok, so basically I having some trouble with one of my routers. I am working in a virtual envirnment powered by GNS3, VPCS, and Vmware. This is the scenario. Win7 in VMWare connected to vmnet2, connected to a switch connected to a router in GNS3. The 7 machine has an ftp server running and I can login/drop files/etc without a problem. However, if I try to copy anything from the router to the FTP server, I get an error saying "No such file or directory". I have asked my teacher about this, and he doesn't know either. Commands: #copy running-config ftp address of remote host: 192.168.116.128 Destination Filename[router2-confg]? Writing backup %Error opening ftp://192.168.116.128/router2-confg (No such file or directory) In addition, a 0 byte file is created in the ftp drop folder. I do not understand why I keep getting this error and any help would be appreciated Cheers All!

EDIT:
    Found out the problem, bug in IOS. Updated to lated 3725 IOS. Everything seems to work fine now.
    Last edited by Steveoderocker; 03-20-2013 at 04:15 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. Login/register to remove this advertisement.

Certifications
    CCNA, MCP, S+, N+, A+
    Does tftp work? Tried another router or switch? Try enabling debug and seeing what it shows?

This seems like a GNS3 and/or your ftp problem more so than the router issue

ex. http://forum.gns3.net/topic4641.html
    Last edited by JeanM; 03-17-2013 at 04:21 PM.
    2014 goals - ccna voice and vmware vcp.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. BMG FTW!!

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA R&S, CCNP R&S
    Open up the port in your personal firewall.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanM View Post
    Does tftp work? Tried another router or switch? Try enabling debug and seeing what it shows?

ex. GNS3 • View topic - TFTP problem
    Yes, TFTP works fine. I'll try with another router/switch. Also, I doubt it's the FTP server as I have tried this with both Windows XP FTp and Windows 7 FTP.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanM View Post

ex. GNS3 • View topic - TFTP problem
    Its inside of VM's. It isnt leaving the internal network.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member Registered Member
    @Mod - please close. Cheers
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    This isn't a ticketing system. Someone else might have something useful to to this thread add later on.
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks