+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    ITIL F, C|EH

Default GNS3 router config - I need help please

EDIT: Figured it out.

I would need a "s0/0" port in order for that command to work....I have "f0/0".

I started in on a few tutorials tonight, first to setup/config GNS3 and second to start in on the basics of IOS CLI navigation. Im stuck on the very first one however, and I can not see why I am hung up. I am following the directions here:

Building More Complex Topologies - GNS3

R1>enR1#conf tR1(config)#int s0/0R1(config-if)#ip add 10.0.0.1 255.0.0.0R1(config-if)#no shR1(config-if)#router ripR1(config-router)#net 10.0.0.0R1(config-router)#exit R1(config)#exit
    The command that I am stuck on is the first config command. When I hit enter I get this in return.

This is my version info:

Ive been banging my head on a wall for 20 minutes on literally the first step of a configuration guide. Any help is appreciated!
    Last edited by --chris--; 11-24-2013 at 01:45 AM.

Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, GCED, SSCP, CCNA R/S & Security, CSA+, Network+
    Glad you figured it out. A few commands to assist with seeing what interfaces are available to you and which WICs/modules are installed:

sh ip interface brief

sh inventory
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    ITIL F, C|EH
    Quote Originally Posted by jamthat View Post
    Glad you figured it out. A few commands to assist with seeing what interfaces are available to you and which WICs/modules are installed:

sh ip interface brief

sh inventory
    Thank you, I am shocked at how fast I learned how to move around the IOS command line. GNS3 is AWESOME!

Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Coffee Addict

Certifications
    CWNA, CCNA Security, CCNA, A+, Network+
    GNS3 is a great resource for learning when you don't have access to physical equipment. Lab topologies will vary depending on the interfaces present on the device.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks