+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    CompTIA N+, Win 7, MCITP: SA, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA R&S, JNCIA, JNCIS-ENT, HP ATP V1 & V2, Aruba ACMP, Palo Alto ACE, Citrix CCP-N

Default Cisco DC entry crash course

Hi All,

I need some advice, we are starting a project soon for a client upgrading their core network from 2 Cisco 6500's to 3x Nexus 5k's with FEX's. I have never touched on the DC stuff aas yet and need to do a bit of a crash course on it before the project kicks off. I have CCNA DC CBT Nuggets but was wondering if there is any reading material you would recommend?

Enjoy work a lot but it's killing me as work require me to get certified on Juniper, Aruba and Cisco for partner status but with the amount of work I need to learn I am battling to retain everything and I feel it is useless to be certified but can't retain the knowledge.

Thanks
    2016 Goals: CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP Security
    LinkedIn
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA R&S, Security, Wireless & Data Center, CCNP Data Center
    @Staunchy, two books I would recommend:
    NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching - K. Corbin
    Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals.

Also, Cisco offers the CCNA DC material for free. You will need to register but it's free. This is the track I would take. I also have those books in PDf form and I don't mind sharing. PM me if interested.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/co...raining_videos

In regards to the certifications, get them when you can. It really helps and looks good but get the job done.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks