+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, GCFE, GSEC, CCNA, CCNA:Security, CCSA(exp), Security+, Network+, Linux+, Server+, A+, Project+, CEH, CHFI
    Up-down-left-right-left-....etc. Lol.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start.
    Last edited by Dakinggamer87; 08-03-2015 at 05:37 PM.
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, CCNA, CCNA Security
    Nice job, dude. I am trying to re-certify my CCNAS after 3 years. I had passed the 640-553 version, but now it seems a bit different. After I passed the first time I went and finished my bachelor's degree while working full-time. So now I have until end of September to re-certify. Was everything done via CCP for security like VPN or ASA configuration?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Quote Originally Posted by zachkenemer View Post
    Nice job, dude. I am trying to re-certify my CCNAS after 3 years. I had passed the 640-553 version, but now it seems a bit different. After I passed the first time I went and finished my bachelor's degree while working full-time. So now I have until end of September to re-certify. Was everything done via CCP for security like VPN or ASA configuration?
    You definitely need to know CCP well for simulations.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member
    @Dakinggamer87, first of all congrats on your achievement. Very well done. Second of all, is that true that exam contains stuff not mentioned in OCG? I am preparing and what I heard and read in the Cisco Community discouraged me ALOT. How did you think the exam overall was? Was there stuff that you didn't read before? What was the extra material did you read the second time except the OCG?

I'd really appreciate it if you share your experience with me/us, and thanks a million in advanced!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    I had heard from some forum members that they had added some new content to the exam before I took it. So, I did some extra research and compared it to the original and the revised Cisco blueprint to study any topics that were added/removed. I focused a good amount of time on the CCP suite and on firewalls to prepare.

I mainly took it only because it was required by WGU for my degree. However, I found the information useful on the topics of security.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, CCNA, CCNA Security
    I just took the 640-554 and failed it. I also felt like there were topics that weren't covered in the guide or videos. What topics did you find or how did you find them when comparing the current cert and the new one? It seems confusing that new objectives would be applied to a current exam.

I used Official Cert guide, CBT nuggets, Packet tracer, VIRL for CCP and ASA labs, and Pearson exam simulator that came with guide.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    To be honest I would have to go back and look at the objectives been awhile since I took the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member
    Dear Dakinggamer87,

Can i have your email id? I have some questions regarding CCP in exam.
    Please can u provide me as soon as possible coz i have exam day after tomorow.

Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCP XP, MCTS 2008, MCSA 7 EDA
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. ProEthicalHacker.com fuz1on's Avatar
    silicon valley, where we speak that bay area slang

Certifications
    CCNA CCENT ITIL SSCA SSVVP WSQD WSQI Cloud+ Mobility+ Security+ Linux+ Network+ Server+ Project+ A+ HIT LPIC-1 CLA11 ACE ace/PACA SSBBP SSLP CMS SCP
    Congrats EngRob! Trying to bust this out soon too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakinggamer87 View Post
    Konami Code is magical! Now back to Contra...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA R+S, CCNA:DC, CCNA Security, CCNP R+S, BEng Computer Networking
    Congrats, I need to pick this one up at some point. Is this the new or old exam?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by bharvey92 View Post
    Congrats, I need to pick this one up at some point. Is this the new or old exam?
    This was the old exam - 640-554 - Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakinggamer87 View Post
    congrats.

and i believe it is up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right,B,A, Select, Start
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by xdfever View Post
    congrats.

and i believe it is up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right,B,A, Select, Start
    Yea I was off by one command lol..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+
    im new to this site and i was trying to PM you but i do not see an option for that
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by xdfever View Post
    im new to this site and i was trying to PM you but i do not see an option for that
    I will send you a PM via LinkedIn so you can message me from there if you have any questions.
    Last edited by Dakinggamer87; 10-28-2015 at 10:47 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Junior Member
    good job!!!

Did the CBT nuggets come in very handy? Reason I'm asking is that video is for the old exam and I thought about viewing it but wasnt sure if it would be very relevant and what parts, if any, to skip.
    Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by openallnight View Post
    good job!!!

Did the CBT nuggets come in very handy? Reason I'm asking is that video is for the old exam and I thought about viewing it but wasnt sure if it would be very relevant and what parts, if any, to skip.
    Thanks.
    The CBT Nuggets videos were very resourceful and handy in preparation for the exam. I did have to seek study guides as the content blueprint of the exam changed slightly with some new topics that WGU didn't cover or have much information on certain topics.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Senior Member

Certifications
    RHCSA, CompTIA (Linux+, Security+), Cisco (CCNA:R&S, Security, Wireless)
    Congrats on the pass. In your opinion, in regards to difficulty, how does CCNA: Security stack up against CCNA: Routing and Switching?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by hannism View Post
    Congrats on the pass. In your opinion, in regards to difficulty, how does CCNA: Security stack up against CCNA: Routing and Switching?
    I found the CCNA: Security harder only because of the score threshold to pass it. As far as the content going back to your original question I found it easier personally. The CCNA was tougher only because I was new at that time to networking so I had more information to retain and learn through books and labs.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks