+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 First 12 3 Last
Results 26 to 50 of 66
  1. Network Engineer Hondabuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    652

    Certifications
    CCNA:S, CCNA, CCENT, 2x CCNP:R&S,MECP, A+, Network+, Security+, Network Security Diploma
    #26
    That learning course looks exactly like my Boson Course I just took minus the Discovery/Challenge labs. . $350 is a lot cheaper then the $5k I just spent on the Boson boot camp. We did get to play with the new CCNP Lab modules at the boot camp and they were amazing but the 210-260 labs where good but no where near the CCNP track ones.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    25
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondabuff View Post
    Already on it. This is my last class to graduate WGU
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    484

    Certifications
    MCITP, MCSA, CCNA, VCA, ACA
    #28
    When I did the trial of the Cisco ecourse still mentioned the 640 edition. Which is disheartening.

    Would anyone be interested in scanning the lab books and splitting the cost or is that against the rules?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    25
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoRocket View Post
    When I did the trial of the Cisco ecourse still mentioned the 640 edition. Which is disheartening.

    Would anyone be interested in scanning the lab books and splitting the cost or is that against the rules?
    would be nice lol
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    25
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by aderon View Post
    Might be worth checking this out. Not sure if it's just a digital copy of the book or not, but it's got an evaluation trial so probably worth checking out. As soon as my password reset (-_-) I'll give it a go.

    https://learningnetworkstore.cisco.c...ns-v3-0-019451
    Going to check this out. Hopefully it has more materials than the book.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    25
    #31
    so I scrolled through it and it has mainly text, at least the first 2 chapters. Has little challenges and mini quizzes too. Its $350 so not sure if I will shell out cash for it, only if it is worth it. Hopefully more people will respond to this.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    484

    Certifications
    MCITP, MCSA, CCNA, VCA, ACA
    #32
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbenhotness View Post
    so I scrolled through it and it has mainly text, at least the first 2 chapters. Has little challenges and mini quizzes too. Its $350 so not sure if I will shell out cash for it, only if it is worth it. Hopefully more people will respond to this.
    In the intro it tells you its for the 640 (older version) CCNA Security
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    25
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoRocket View Post
    In the intro it tells you its for the 640 (older version) CCNA Security
    then why say version 3?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Senior Member aderon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    384

    Certifications
    B.S. IT - Sec, CCNA Security, CCNA R&S, AWS CSA Associate, CCENT, A+, Net+, Sec+, Proj+, Lin+, LPIC-1, CIW: WFA, CIW: WDS, MTA: OS, MCP
    #34
    Wow... so I started this book yesterday and I'm only 3 chapters in and I can already tell I don't like it . I feel like it was written in an order different than how it is presented. He keeps referring back to things in the book that don't exist or referring to new concepts without first introducing them..
    2017 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA (Complete), OSCP (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress)
    2017 Learning/Reading Goals: Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide (Completed), Automate the Boring Stuff with Python (Completed), Black Hat Python (Completed), CodeAcademy Learn Python (Completed), SecurityTube Python Scripting Expert (Completed), Assembly Language Megaprimer for Linux (Completed), The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing (Completed), PenTesterLab Bootcamp (In Progress)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Jülich, Germany
    Posts
    63

    Certifications
    ASC,CCNA R&S ,CCDA, CHFI, CEH, CCNA SEC, CCAI, CCNP R&S
    #35
    I am reading the Security atm.I think cisco is making every track, even the ccna level, more harder and more oriented to the real world. Just my Cents
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9
    #36
    I bought the book also and put it down after a few chapters, just doesn't seem to teach me anything in the sense that its not instructional for me. So, I purchased the e learning for $350 (received 10% discount). I'm a few chapters into it. I'd say I like it better than the book, has some labs etc...I would hope it's enough to pass the exam (should be if Cisco is offering it), has a lot of information to remember. I think it's somewhat expensive for what it offers in return, but if it helps me learn more and pass the exam, its worth it to me. I was looking to find video instruction\lab for the 210-260 (CBT Nuggets, etc) but couldn't find any anywhere so I figured to just get started and not wait around I may as well get going and bought the e-learning.
    Last edited by openallnight; 10-26-2015 at 02:37 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4

    Certifications
    SEC+ NET+ CCENT
    #37
    I am thinking about purchasing the e-learning also. I am also disappointed in the OCG. Very disjointed. It looks like he pulled chapters from other books he may have written and just kinda stuck them in loose order. Now that you have had a few more days with the e-learning, how do you feel about it?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. Senior Member aderon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    384

    Certifications
    B.S. IT - Sec, CCNA Security, CCNA R&S, AWS CSA Associate, CCENT, A+, Net+, Sec+, Proj+, Lin+, LPIC-1, CIW: WFA, CIW: WDS, MTA: OS, MCP
    #38
    Quote Originally Posted by islandboy80 View Post
    I am thinking about purchasing the e-learning also. I am also disappointed in the OCG. Very disjointed. It looks like he pulled chapters from other books he may have written and just kinda stuck them in loose order. Now that you have had a few more days with the e-learning, how do you feel about it?
    That's the exact impression I got. Almost like he wrote the book in one order and then reorganized it at the end without changing any of the text. So lots of references back to things that he hasn't actually talked about yet.
    2017 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA (Complete), OSCP (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress)
    2017 Learning/Reading Goals: Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide (Completed), Automate the Boring Stuff with Python (Completed), Black Hat Python (Completed), CodeAcademy Learn Python (Completed), SecurityTube Python Scripting Expert (Completed), Assembly Language Megaprimer for Linux (Completed), The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing (Completed), PenTesterLab Bootcamp (In Progress)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  15. Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9
    #39
    I'm around chapter 5, its good. I'm actually using all different types of resources for learning and using the e-learning here and there. Compared to the book its better. I just wish cbt nuggets had their ccna security updated with the new one. The e-learning has labs and good content, but I do think at least for me its a little over priced.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  16. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2

    Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Security
    #40
    Hi Everyone, I've read this thread and found out that the OCG i've been studying + the CBT Nugget 640-554 by Keith isn't enough to pass 210-260 exam. Sadly I can't spend $350 for the E-Learning course available at cisco. Can anyone suggest what are other free study materials to help me pass the exam? I've been studying and doing practice configurations of router and ASA.

    Also there's a mention about ASA 9.x. What's the difference between configuring 9.x and 8.4 (which i'm using in GNS3) with regards to the exam? Does it change how we configure ASA much?

    Appreciate your response guys!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  17. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4

    Certifications
    SEC+ NET+ CCENT
    #41

    Default Books and stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by xyzledz View Post
    Hi Everyone, I've read this thread and found out that the OCG i've been studying + the CBT Nugget 640-554 by Keith isn't enough to pass 210-260 exam. Sadly I can't spend $350 for the E-Learning course available at cisco. Can anyone suggest what are other free study materials to help me pass the exam? I've been studying and doing practice configurations of router and ASA.

    Also there's a mention about ASA 9.x. What's the difference between configuring 9.x and 8.4 (which i'm using in GNS3) with regards to the exam? Does it change how we configure ASA much?

    Appreciate your response guys!
    Hey, I understand money being a factor. I finally twisted my bosses arm hard enough and got him to buy the E-learning. Otherwise I would be in the same boat as you. With that being said, even though the OCG is not the best for prepping for the 210-260, it is better than nothing. You just have to follow the advice of other people on this forum; dig through it, research topics, and make the best of it. Also, last week, Cisco released the CCNA Security Networking Academy Lab Manual Version 2 (which by the way, tracks with the 210-260 IINS v3). I purchased it immediately from Amazon and have been going through it along with the labs in the E-learning. It's pretty good and only $50.

    All things considered, with limited funds, the OCG along with the new Lab book, is not a terrible way to go if that is all you can afford. Additionally, CBT Nuggets has posted the new videos for 210-260. So a one-month membership after you have gone through the aforementioned books would only cost you an extra $99.

    https://www.cbtnuggets.com/it-traini...curity-210-260

    Good luck.

    I am testing January 4th. I will post successes and failures after that date.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  18. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    2,667

    Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+, CCENT, CCNA:Sec, CCSK, GCIH
    #42
    Thanks for the info islandboy! Probably gonna schedule my test soon. Will definitely have to check out those videos.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  19. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Billingham/UK
    Posts
    13

    Certifications
    CCNA/MCITP Windows 7
    #43
    Quote Originally Posted by islandboy80 View Post
    Also, last week, Cisco released the CCNA Security Networking Academy Lab Manual Version 2 (which by the way, tracks with the 210-260 IINS v3). I purchased it immediately from Amazon and have been going through it along with the labs in the E-learning. It's pretty good and only $50.
    Sounds great to me. Very keen to hear more over the next few weeks on how well you have gotten on with this product. I'm considering purchasing it myself.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  20. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2

    Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Security
    #44
    Quote Originally Posted by islandboy80 View Post
    Hey, I understand money being a factor. I finally twisted my bosses arm hard enough and got him to buy the E-learning. Otherwise I would be in the same boat as you. With that being said, even though the OCG is not the best for prepping for the 210-260, it is better than nothing. You just have to follow the advice of other people on this forum; dig through it, research topics, and make the best of it. Also, last week, Cisco released the CCNA Security Networking Academy Lab Manual Version 2 (which by the way, tracks with the 210-260 IINS v3). I purchased it immediately from Amazon and have been going through it along with the labs in the E-learning. It's pretty good and only $50.

    All things considered, with limited funds, the OCG along with the new Lab book, is not a terrible way to go if that is all you can afford. Additionally, CBT Nuggets has posted the new videos for 210-260. So a one-month membership after you have gone through the aforementioned books would only cost you an extra $99.

    https://www.cbtnuggets.com/it-traini...curity-210-260

    Good luck.

    I am testing January 4th. I will post successes and failures after that date.
    Thanks for all your input. I'm sure that will be a great basis for everyone whos gonna take the exam in the future. In my case, I took the exam and passed. Along with OCG, CBT Nuggets, GNS3 lab practice using ASA with ASDM, router setup that follows all the topics. I also downloaded the manuals from the IINSv3 Cisco Learning which can be viewed using the trial version. Followed all of their lab topics using the manuals I downloaded and reading important notes, plus the tips from those who took the exam and surely all of those became helpful.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  21. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Posts
    55

    Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, too many MTAs
    #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondabuff View Post
    Access to Cisco's new VIRL Lab running ASA's with 9.0 code and Next Generation Firewalls and IDS/IPS's. Using Kali aka "Backtrac5" to hack into devices and protect your network. A lot of hands on vs. 640-554 was all theory. It was a little more then I was expecting.

    Attachment 7224
    Attachment 7225
    Just wanted to point out, Kali and Backtrack5 are very different. Kali 2.0 is even more different. You can't really compare them.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  22. Network Engineer Hondabuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    652

    Certifications
    CCNA:S, CCNA, CCENT, 2x CCNP:R&S,MECP, A+, Network+, Security+, Network Security Diploma
    #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Networking_Student View Post
    Just wanted to point out, Kali and Backtrack5 are very different. Kali 2.0 is even more different. You can't really compare them.
    Kali is basically Backtrack 6. Same guys who made Backtrack made Kali. Just a redistribution of tool sets. If you want to say it's more like comparing Windows 10 to XP then that's fair.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  23. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    63

    Certifications
    MCSE in Server 2012, VMware VCAP, CISSP, Security+, CCNA
    #47
    Quote Originally Posted by xyzledz View Post
    Thanks for all your input. I'm sure that will be a great basis for everyone whos gonna take the exam in the future. In my case, I took the exam and passed. Along with OCG, CBT Nuggets, GNS3 lab practice using ASA with ASDM, router setup that follows all the topics. I also downloaded the manuals from the IINSv3 Cisco Learning which can be viewed using the trial version. Followed all of their lab topics using the manuals I downloaded and reading important notes, plus the tips from those who took the exam and surely all of those became helpful.
    Ah, good suggestion on the IINSv3 manuals. Guess I'll have to sign up for a trial version

    Also, I'm going through the OCG and am really glad I read through the comments here ahead of time. There are a ton of topics that they make brief mention of but never discuss implementation. I'm keeping track of these to do my own research on them which I hope will prove useful for the test.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  24. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    63

    Certifications
    MCSE in Server 2012, VMware VCAP, CISSP, Security+, CCNA
    #48
    I think the most confusing and frustrating thing about this book is that it keeps bringing up the CCP. I've read numerous times from other sites that the CCP isn't tested on the 210-260.

    Can anyone confirm whether the CCP is even offered as a tool when taking the test? Is there any reason at all to learn the CCP?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  25. Senior Member Mooseboost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    643

    Certifications
    CEH, CCNA: R&S, eJPT, JNCIS-SEC, Dell Sonicwall CSSA, Dell Sonicwall Email Security,CompTIA CSA+, CompTIA Security+, CompTia Network+
    #49
    Quote Originally Posted by AMD4EVER View Post
    I think the most confusing and frustrating thing about this book is that it keeps bringing up the CCP. I've read numerous times from other sites that the CCP isn't tested on the 210-260.

    Can anyone confirm whether the CCP is even offered as a tool when taking the test? Is there any reason at all to learn the CCP?

    I don't have direct experience with it, but I have been told by others the CCP is not focused on in the new exam. I don't even see the CCP mentioned in the blueprint for 210-260:

    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/co...v3/exam-topics
    2018 Certification Goals: OSCP []

    Blog: www.hackfox.net
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  26. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    63

    Certifications
    MCSE in Server 2012, VMware VCAP, CISSP, Security+, CCNA
    #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseboost View Post
    I don't have direct experience with it, but I have been told by others the CCP is not focused on in the new exam. I don't even see the CCP mentioned in the blueprint for 210-260:

    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/co...v3/exam-topics
    Yeah, it isn't mentioned in the blueprint so it isn't a focus but it could possibly be provided as a tool on the test. I have been ignoring the sections on the CCP in the OCG up to this point and just wondered if there is someone who has taken the test who can say if it is an available tool or not
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 First 12 3 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks