+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hi guys,
    So, I also failed a few weeks ago my CCNA 210-260. I just have to confirm that everything that is said about the book and the exam looks true...
    Yes, the book is a dud, my experience was a really bad one, very frustrating, since I had almost half the questions in the exam that are not discussed in the book. The book is almost as useful as reading the newspaper to pass the exam.
    I have submitted tickets to Ciscopress and also at the Cisco certifications & community online support, both don't want to know, they just answer that it is said that you need real experience on the gear. I also asked for a voucher, no way. Each one tells me to ask to the other.
    Ok, so, to pass, you have to purchase a Cisco ISE, an ASA with licenses for Anyconnect, a TACACS, and many other gear ...but you will not be sure to pass anyway.
    My feeling when I took the exam was that it is designed for people to fail and get more money on that exam and extra resources.
    They won't change my mind, since almost half the questions are not covered. And almost 90% of what I learned from the book was not really useful to take that exam...
    I am really angry, and I'm not sure I am going to continue to spend so much money to take exams...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    B.S. IT - Sec, CCNA Security, CCNA R&S, AWS CSA Associate, CCENT, A+, Net+, Sec+, Proj+, Lin+, LPIC-1, CIW: WFA, CIW: WDS, MTA: OS, MCP
    Quote Originally Posted by davidgrz View Post
    Hi guys,
    I also asked for a voucher, no way. Each one tells me to ask to the other.
    Tell them it's not acceptable you want your issue escalated. Their first response is to always say no and then if you ask to escalate someone will actually look at your complaint and decide whether to actually issue one or not.
    2017 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA (Complete), OSCP (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress)
    2017 Reading Goals: Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide (Completed), Automate the Boring Stuff with Python (In Progress)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member
    Just took the 210-260 for the first time and failed. My resources were the OCG + CBT Nuggets + practice exam I found online. Each material source included some things unique from the others, and worse yet the actual exam included stuff unique from anything I studied. Very frustrated and spending lots of money. Anyone know a more comprehensive study guide?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA: R&S, Security+, Network+, FCNSA, MTA 98-365
    Gotta say this thread has got me a little bummed. This was going to be my last CCNA Cert before moving on to the CCNP but now I'm not feeling so confident. I have the OCG and Bryant Udemy videos but I've barely begun my studies. Here's to hoping I guess.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA R/S
    I ordered this guy... hopefully it is worth it

https://www.amazon.com/Days-Before-Y.../dp/1587205785
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamm1n View Post
    I ordered this guy... hopefully it is worth it

https://www.amazon.com/Days-Before-Y.../dp/1587205785
    I actually have access to that now with Safari Books -- I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Dannyvan1

This is extremely concerning. What do the Cisco people think of the idea that book is inferior? Anyone?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCITP, MCSA, CCNA, VCA, ACA
    Thought I might test the waters. Took the exam today and failed with a 809. Used the OCG. Going to keep working on it and retake the exam in a week or two. Didn't expect this much difference between the book and exam. For those using the OCG, watch out!

I'm using the Cisco Security Solutions books all in one for my prep along with more labbing and Boson exam practice.

https://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Next-Ge...rity+solutions
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA, CCENT, Network+
    I went ahead and ordered the 31 days before book as well. I have to pass by the end of the month or else I lose my CCNA. Safe to say I am in serious crunch mode. I have the OCG which I have used to supplement the INE training. Will be getting Boson practice exam this weekend as well.

I'll definitely give a pre and post exam review of the book here. Definitely nervous for this one. Best of luck to all in here.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Sec+, CCNA RS, CCNP RS
    Hello, gents.

It seems a deja vu. I am nearly done with the CCNP RS and I wanted to re-start the CCNA Sec which I had to stop when Cisco suddenly decided to retire the 640-554.

Unfortunately, I read the comments on the OCG's page from Amazon and it's dishearting. Everybody agrees with the fact that the book is a shame and does not cover the exam blueprint.

Apart this book, that was already mentioned by somebody here in this post, I was wondering what else to read for the exam.

https://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Next-Ge...7NKMAQ89E5C9RR

Kind Regards.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCENT, Linux+, Security+, Network+, A+
    I've heard good things about 31 Days Before Your CCNA Security Exam (Amazon Link) I have not yet picked up this book but many students at WGU report this book as a good supplement.
    2017 Goals: [CCNA Security] [WGU BSITSEC] [JNCIA]
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, Sec+, Net+, A+, MCP, CIW
    Just got my CCNA today, woot woot!

Excited to start studying for CCNA Security - did a search on where to start - found this thread

So, is the consensus I am hearing is that the CCNA Security is not going to be a self study type of flow, like the CCNA? I'm under the impression that now it is better (or perhaps the only way) to pay for a boot camp, whether on line or in person. Which is looking like $3k - $6k ? --There are even concerns that these boot camps do not align with the test.

Does anyone beg to differ in that statement?

Here is a reddit thread that basically co-signs all the voices of woe, so far. So, what do we do about this gang? Petition Cisco?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ccnas/comme...60_exam_today/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCITP, MCSA, CCNA, VCA, ACA
    Quote Originally Posted by cmztech View Post
    Just got my CCNA today, woot woot!

Excited to start studying for CCNA Security - did a search on where to start - found this thread

So, is the consensus I am hearing is that the CCNA Security is not going to be a self study type of flow, like the CCNA? I'm under the impression that now it is better (or perhaps the only way) to pay for a boot camp, whether on line or in person. Which is looking like $3k - $6k ? --There are even concerns that these boot camps do not align with the test.

Does anyone beg to differ in that statement?

Here is a reddit thread that basically co-signs all the voices of woe, so far. So, what do we do about this gang? Petition Cisco?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ccnas/comme...60_exam_today/

I wouldnt say you need a bootcamp for it. Just dont rely on the OCG for everything. Others have pointed supplemental material that might help you.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, Sec+, Net+, A+, MCP, CIW
    Thanks @Taco. I read back through the thread and definitely was reading with blinders the first time.

I think I'll start with the OCG and fork out the $1500 for the Cisco IINS v3 video series.. Then supplement with some PluralSight training videos and in between all that find a good lab environment to practice.
    Last edited by cmztech; 09-15-2016 at 04:23 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNP R&S, CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec
    I think you would be mad to fork out 1,500 on an entry level exam? But that is just my opinion on the matter. Surely going through the blueprint and then looking up stuff like PVLAN, Port Security, CAM table attacks, the 3 pillars of security C.I.A etc on cisco.com would give you a LOT of the information you are looking for? CBT nuggets for hands on labs and guides on how to configure ASA etc?

Whatever you decided to do good luck and hope you pass the exam.

All the best...

Neon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Member

Certifications
    CompTIA A+/N+; CCENT; ITIL 2011 Foundation
    udemy.com is offering Chris Bryant's CCNA Security bootcamp for $19 right now. Or, if you buy his his CCNA 200-125 bootcamp in September (also $19 at this point), he includes the CCNA Security videos for free. The website says he's in the process of updating the videos for the newest exam (210-260 IINS). I've watched a few of his CCNA videos, and he seems to know his stuff.

Might be a good supplement to other study material.
    Last edited by xagreus; 09-22-2016 at 05:48 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks