+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Passed 210-260

Certifications
    CCNA:S, CCNA, CCENT, 2x CCNP:R&S,MECP, A+, Network+, Security+, Network Security Diploma

Default Passed 210-260

Passed today with a 960. Most of the content came from the Cisco security books that I got from the bootcamp. CCP labs were all replaced with ASDM labs. 2 other people could not get one of the labs to work and our instructor could not either. I would say about 80% of the content is in the OCG but is only mentioned. The exam required you to know it in more detail then what even the book explains. Without breaking NDA I would say wait for the FLG to come out. The Boson bootcamp does prepare you for the exam. With that being said its almost like you attend a Cisco bootcamp so the can explain the answers. 65 questions and passing score is 860.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+, CCENT, CCNA:Sec, CCSK, GCIH
    Nice score! Gratz on the pass!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member
    woohoo congrats! now where can I get some of those books you got from the bootcamp hehe
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA:S, CCNA, CCENT, 2x CCNP:R&S,MECP, A+, Network+, Security+, Network Security Diploma
    All 4 books are going on eBay sunday night when I get back home.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Network +, MTA: 98-366, 367,MCP, MCTS Win 7, VCP-DCV, MCSA SERVER 2012, MCTS Hyper-V
    Congrats!
    Certs Gained 2017: 70-410, 70-411,74-409, MCSA Server 2012r2
    Upcoming: Security +, ITIL FOUNDATIONS, 70-345 Exchange Server 2016, Ccent

“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” - 1 Thessalonians 5:11
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    CCNA:R&S/S, CCNP:R&S, Security+, Palo Alto ACE v7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondabuff View Post
    Passed today with a 960. Most of the content came from the Cisco security books that I got from the bootcamp. CCP labs were all replaced with ASDM labs. 2 other people could not get one of the labs to work and our instructor could not either. I would say about 80% of the content is in the OCG but is only mentioned. The exam required you to know it in more detail then what even the book explains. Without breaking NDA I would say wait for the FLG to come out. The Boson bootcamp does prepare you for the exam. With that being said its almost like you attend a Cisco bootcamp so the can explain the answers. 65 questions and passing score is 860.

Can you at least name a few of the topics that require more in depth understanding than the books goes into?

I'm guessing ISE is one of them? I've read the chapter on ACS/ISE and ISE got a measly paragraph.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Seemed like everything in the OCG that had a small paragraph was on the exam. Gota know your VPN's and how to configure and the show commands that go with them. The one sim is broke and the instrutor called Cisco about it. After 4 attemps at it I just gave up and moved on knowing I got atleast half of it correct. I read the entire book last week and feel it was a waste for prepping you for the test. There is alot of good content in the book but not nearly enough for exam prep. I would bet the FLG once released will have more detailed content. One of the other students who passed was a Netcad Instructor and was hearing they are close to releasing the FLG.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member
    Congratulations!

What is FLG?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Foundation Learning Guide. Its like the Cisco Press book but with more content. I would suspect that it would be similar to the class books that I got during my bootcamp.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Congrats!!
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    Congrats on the pass!! Glad to hear the passing score is 860 vs 898.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member
    Never understood why it can be so difficult just to obtain the material to study for an exam, especially by the vendor its self. With all the different training options (video, labs, books, simulations, etc) being offered for each exam it can be confusing what to choose and what to really focus your time on and then to find out that not everything is covered in the training material that is presented on the exam....

Anyway, since there is no video training for the 210-260 yet, such as cbtnuggets. What do you all think about the former (soon to be former) CCNA security training video on cbtnuggets, would it be worth it to go through it to prepare for the 210-260? Any thoughts?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CASP, SEC+, NET+, A+, NST, CST, ACE...
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by openallnight View Post
    Never understood why it can be so difficult just to obtain the material to study for an exam, especially by the vendor its self. With all the different training options (video, labs, books, simulations, etc) being offered for each exam it can be confusing what to choose and what to really focus your time on and then to find out that not everything is covered in the training material that is presented on the exam....

Anyway, since there is no video training for the 210-260 yet, such as cbtnuggets. What do you all think about the former (soon to be former) CCNA security training video on cbtnuggets, would it be worth it to go through it to prepare for the 210-260? Any thoughts?
    I'm wondering this too
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member Registered Member
    Congratulations!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    a few
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Network+, CCNA: R&S, CCNA: Security, Security+, ITIL v3 Foundation, CASP
    Congrats. A little disheartening considering I'm about 3/4ths of the way through the OCG.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondabuff View Post
    Question for you, was the exam 90 mins? or 75 mins?

When I attempted 640-554 in April I was given only 75 mins. The website even still says 90 mins, for 640-554.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    SEC+ NET+ CCENT

Default CBT Nuggets

The CBT Nuggets for 210-260 are being posted as I write this.
    https://www.cbtnuggets.com/it-traini...curity-210-260

I purchased the Cisco E-Learning for IINS v3.0 last week and have been going through it. I have to say, it is definitely more impressive and educational than the OCG. There are some really good labs included.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MSCIA, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Security, CCNA:R&S, Security+, Linux+, A+
    I am waiting for CBT Nuggets to come out.....in January right before my exam. I will read and study the guide while waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by islandboy80 View Post
    The CBT Nuggets for 210-260 are being posted as I write this.
    https://www.cbtnuggets.com/it-traini...curity-210-260

I purchased the Cisco E-Learning for IINS v3.0 last week and have been going through it. I have to say, it is definitely more impressive and educational than the OCG. There are some really good labs included.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Network+, CCNA: R&S, CCNA: Security, Security+, ITIL v3 Foundation, CASP
    Passed today with a 920. The simulations were broken...tisk tisk tisk Cisco.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA
    I purchased the Cisco E-Learning for IINS v3.0 last week and have been going through it. I have to say, it is definitely more impressive and educational than the OCG. There are some really good labs included.[/QUOTE]

Was it worth the Money? I am on the edge about buying it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+ Net+ Sec+, Project+,Linux+, CCNA R/S, CCNA Security and bunch of useless certs from WGU program
    Quote Originally Posted by thewiz8807 View Post
    Passed today with a 920. The simulations were broken...tisk tisk tisk Cisco.
    What did you use as study material aside from the ocg?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Roaming teh Bytes OfWolfAndMan's Avatar

Certifications
    A/L/P/S+, CCNP R&S, CCDA, CCDP, CCNA R&S/Sec, ACIS ERS 8K & VSP 9K, BS: IT Security
    Congrats. Glad they replaced CCP stuff with something useful.
    Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation Goals: Bash Shell/Python Automation Refinement [], CCIE R&S Written [X], AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate (Maybe) [] CCIE R&S Counter: Somewhere between zero and infinity
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks