+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Senior Member danny069's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    999

    Certifications
    A+, Security+, ACMT, CASP, CEH, CCNA R&S, A.S. & B.S. Cyber Security Systems/Digital Forensics, M.S. Cyber Security
    #1

    Default CBT Nuggets - CCNA Security

    If anyone is interested, CBT Nuggets has the CCNA Security 210-260 IIS on their site now. They claim 1 week free trial, cancel before the week is over before they charge you $99. If you want to that is:

    https://www.cbtnuggets.com/it-traini...curity-210-260
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member Mike-Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,848

    Certifications
    CISSP, HDI-SCA, ITIL V3 Foundations, A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCDST, CCENT, CCNA, Project+, CCNA Security, MCTS: Windows 7 Config, CEH, CHFI
    #2
    i started it, pretty good stuff, I'm also using Skillport
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    De' Nile..
    Posts
    840

    Certifications
    "I eat SubNets like You for breakfast..."
    #3
    Wow, Nice!!

    Will definitely have to check this out.

    but QUESTION about CBtnuggets:
    How does the stream-function work?

    Do i have to install some kind of Client? or does it just play with Flash/HTML5?

    and Do i have to always 'click' (with the mouse) to advance to the next video?

    Or can i hit play (once) and then sit back on the couch and Binge watch (ala Netflix)?

    thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    202
    #4
    @volfkhat

    You can stream via a browser or you can use their app. I prefer streaming in a browser. The app has some quirks and sometimes crashes.

    As a side note CBT Nuggets has two excellent instructors for CISCO products. Keith Barker and Jeremy Cioara are both excellent instructors. I find Keith is right on the money with how he trains. And Jeremy...well he LOVES all things CISCO. His passion for CISCO is infectious and makes you want to study.

    CBT Nuggets truly shines in the CISCO realm. It's worth the high monthly cost.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    De' Nile..
    Posts
    840

    Certifications
    "I eat SubNets like You for breakfast..."
    #5
    Thanks Chinook!

    Do you remember if the web browser has autoplay functionality?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Senior Member Mike-Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,848

    Certifications
    CISSP, HDI-SCA, ITIL V3 Foundations, A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCDST, CCENT, CCNA, Project+, CCNA Security, MCTS: Windows 7 Config, CEH, CHFI
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinook View Post
    @volfkhat

    You can stream via a browser or you can use their app. I prefer streaming in a browser. The app has some quirks and sometimes crashes.

    As a side note CBT Nuggets has two excellent instructors for CISCO products. Keith Barker and Jeremy Cioara are both excellent instructors. I find Keith is right on the money with how he trains. And Jeremy...well he LOVES all things CISCO. His passion for CISCO is infectious and makes you want to study.

    CBT Nuggets truly shines in the CISCO realm. It's worth the high monthly cost.
    Jeremy's passion helped me pass my CCNA R&S
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    202
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by volfkhat View Post
    Thanks Chinook!

    Do you remember if the web browser has autoplay functionality?
    I don't think it does but I've never noticed. The app has the ability to download up to 20 nuggets & watch if you are offline (great for commuting). I generally watched them on my iPhone or iPad & never had issues.

    @Mike_Mike. Same for me. I just started watching Jeremy's nuggets out of curiosity. A year later I had my CCNA R&S and Security. While I'm a Linux focused person, I really like James Conrad as a trainer. The only thing I don't like is prior to nuggets being limited to 30 minutes, he made some very long nuggets. Can't sleep. 65 minutes of James talking about DNS will cure your insomnia.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    De' Nile..
    Posts
    840

    Certifications
    "I eat SubNets like You for breakfast..."
    #8
    lol
    (cure for insominia, funny)

    So when you say "20 nuggets".... do you mean the individual videos?

    For Example, the CCNA:Sec is made up of 38 vids (currently).
    So.... i can download the first 20 to my tablet (android), and watch them as i have the time.

    Then, i can "FLUSH" them and download the remaining 18 (and keep going).

    Is that what you mean?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    De' Nile..
    Posts
    840

    Certifications
    "I eat SubNets like You for breakfast..."
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by volfkhat View Post
    For Example, the CCNA:Sec is made up of 38 vids (currently).
    So.... i can download the first 20 to my tablet (android), and watch them as i have the time.

    Then, i can "FLUSH" them and download the remaining 18 (and keep going).
    Is that what you mean?
    Anybody?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Slough, UK
    Posts
    56

    Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA R&S, Security
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike-Mike View Post
    Jeremy's passion helped me pass my CCNA R&S
    this is true for me too !
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    18

    Certifications
    MCSE, MCSE, A+, Net+, CISSP, CEH, CCNA, ACSE, EMA, GMON, GCIH
    #11
    Thanks for the info
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks