+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA R&S(2013),CCNA Security(2016), A+, Security+, Linux+/LPIC-1/Novell CLA, CIW Database Design

Default Passed 210-260 Today

Hey guys,

I passed with an 890 today and wanted to put my 2 cents in for anyone working toward the exam right now. I used CBTNuggets, OCG, and Boson through WGU to prepare. I also, primarily due to reading on this forum, spent a good bit of time finding additional resources to read more deeply into topics on the blueprint. In my opinion, the Boson was invaluable for me today, and the extra reading definitely came in handy on questions that were not in any of my other resources.

Boson does a good job of getting you some time in ASDM even if you don't have an ASA or ASAv to connect with, and I felt that I was adequately prepared for what the test required in that area just from watching the CBTNuggets demonstrations and going through Boson multiple times.

Other vague advice: go over concepts from R&S if you feel fuzzy on anything, dig deep into the topics in Keith Barker's Parka document, and don't get discouraged if you don't know the answer to some of the questions on test day. I felt like I had to make an educated guess on a much larger number of questions on this test than I ever did on ICND1 or 2, but when I looked them up when I got home, I got the vast majority of them correct.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    Network+, Security+, CloudU, MCP, MCTS: Win 7, MTA: Server Admin
    Congrats! What's next? Thanks for the feedback.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP: R&S
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA R&S(2013),CCNA Security(2016), A+, Security+, Linux+/LPIC-1/Novell CLA, CIW Database Design
    Trying to decide where to go next. My job is VoIP centered right now, but I really love security. CCNP Sec looks like there's a lot of uncertainty right now, like it may be hard to find the resources I need to pass all 4 exams before they change again. Maybe try to find some work doing purely network security and start one CCNP track or the other.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCP XP, MCTS 2008, MCSA 7 EDA
    Excellent Work ! Congrats
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+, CCENT, CCNA:Sec, CCSK, GCIH
    Congratz!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA Security, CCNA, MCDST
    Congratulations!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP: R&S
    Quote Originally Posted by omegadown3 View Post
    Trying to decide where to go next. My job is VoIP centered right now, but I really love security. CCNP Sec looks like there's a lot of uncertainty right now, like it may be hard to find the resources I need to pass all 4 exams before they change again. Maybe try to find some work doing purely network security and start one CCNP track or the other.
    Have you considered the IPX/Micronics Zero to Hero Security course? Iristheangel has a thread dedicated to it and it seems like a great class to attend, if you can afford it. Micronics Zero to Hero Security Course

You are right about there being hardly any study resources(other than the course above) for CCNP Security. As of the moment only the 300-208 book is out, and the other 3 keep getting pushed back. Starting to wonder if they will ever get released. The other option then, is to consider the CCIE Security reading list Recommended CCIE Books | INE - INE Going with this option you are all but committing to CCIE Security to the end which brings me back to my first point: attend the IPX/Micronics course. I really wish I had the 4k to spend right now but I don't, so I'm going to start saving up for it and do CCNP SP in the meantime.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+ Net+ Sec+, Project+,Linux+, CCNA R/S, CCNA Security and bunch of useless certs from WGU program
    Congrats!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member
    Congrats! That's awesome! I have to take this within a couple weeks studying through WGU as well. Good to hear its passable.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CASP, SEC+, NET+, A+, NST, CST, ACE...
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, MCP: Windows 7, CCNA: R&S, CCNA: Security
    Congratulations
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSc, MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, N+, S+, CEH, CISSP
    Congrats.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Member

Certifications
    MCSE in Server 2012, VMware VCAP, CISSP, Security+, CCNA
    Congrats!

What is Keith Barker's Parka document? I'm trying to get my hands on as much study material as I can so I'd like to take a look at this. I searched Keith Barker on YouTube and I see he has some security videos so I'll have to check those out too
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. ProEthicalHacker.com fuz1on's Avatar
    silicon valley, where we speak that bay area slang

Certifications
    CCNA CCENT ITIL SSCA SSVVP WSQD WSQI Cloud+ Mobility+ Security+ Linux+ Network+ Server+ Project+ A+ HIT LPIC-1 CLA11 ACE ace/PACA SSBBP SSLP CMS SCP
    Congrats!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Junior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by koz24 View Post
    Have you considered the IPX/Micronics Zero to Hero Security course? Iristheangel has a thread dedicated to it and it seems like a great class to attend, if you can afford it. Micronics Zero to Hero Security Course

You are right about there being hardly any study resources(other than the course above) for CCNP Security. As of the moment only the 300-208 book is out, and the other 3 keep getting pushed back. Starting to wonder if they will ever get released. The other option then, is to consider the CCIE Security reading list Recommended CCIE Books | INE - INE Going with this option you are all but committing to CCIE Security to the end which brings me back to my first point: attend the IPX/Micronics course. I really wish I had the 4k to spend right now but I don't, so I'm going to start saving up for it and do CCNP SP in the meantime.
    This course is incredibly tempting! If my work was more security centered now, I'd probably go through with it, I just don't want to spend the $4000 and then retain none of it because I'm not working with the gear on a daily basis. I think I will probably just start working on the CCIE Book reading list, keep looking for the right security job opportunity, and see where things stand in a few months. Thanks for showing me that course, though, I'm going to keep it on my radar for down the road.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks