+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    A+, N+, S+, CCNA R&S, MCP, MCSA: Win7 / 2012R2, MCITP: EDST, MCTS: 70-640, A.A.S. Network Administration and Support

Default CCNA Security: Udemy?

Hey all,

Has anyone used Udemy for studying Cisco CCNA Security?

https://www.udemy.com/ccnasecurityvideobootcamp/

The cost is quite reasonable. I just wondered if that and some hands-on labbing is enough to pass the exam. The official course book I is pretty shoddy, I've heard. Are there any other good study resources available? Also is this exam changing significantly in June 2016?

Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Woohoo! It's over 1000!

Certifications
    Linux+, ACSA, ACTC, ACSP, MCSA:7, MCTS, ITIL F, Prince2 Pract, AgilePM Practitioner, VCP-DCV 5/6, Storage+, CCNA R+S/Sec/CyberOps, Sec+, CEH, CASP
    I used the version for the previous CCNA Security iteration, and it was pretty good. He focussed a bit more tightly on the actual exam content rather than the breadth that the OCG gives. I probably would have failed without it.

It's unlikely that there will be a major revision of CCNA Security in the near future, since it was updated just late last year. Also, Cisco tends to give ample warning of any changes and has a cut over period of months before they retire an exam.

There's been rumours of a major refresh at the CCNP and CCIE level for maybe 12 months now, but still no announcement from Cisco.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA R/S
    Looks like he has updates out this June. That might be good as the new exam has been out for a few months so hopefully he can be more specific. Will see... Ill be in for 30 dollars though lol
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNP, MCITP:SA 2008, ITILv3 Foundations, Network+, Security+, CISSP pending endorsement
    Quote Originally Posted by OctalDump View Post
    I used the version for the previous CCNA Security iteration, and it was pretty good. He focussed a bit more tightly on the actual exam content rather than the breadth that the OCG gives. I probably would have failed without it.

It's unlikely that there will be a major revision of CCNA Security in the near future, since it was updated just late last year. Also, Cisco tends to give ample warning of any changes and has a cut over period of months before they retire an exam.

There's been rumours of a major refresh at the CCNP and CCIE level for maybe 12 months now, but still no announcement from Cisco.
    Heck, I'd be happy if Cisco just got off their lazy ***es to fix the serious grammatical errors in their questions on the exam.

Russ
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member JamesKurtovich's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+
    I don't think he's updated his 210-260 course just yet. Bryant pushed it back to June.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks