+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 First 123 4 Last

Thread: CCNA Cyber Ops

1. Senior Member

Certifications
    S+, N+, CEH, CSSLP, CISSP, CGEIT, CCSA, CCNA, CRISC, CASP, RHCSA, RHCE, CBE, GCIH
    I think this thread was started as well.
    Cisco's $10 Million in Scholarships for Cyber
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    Net+, CCENT, CCNA, Sec+
    I received mine this morning around 2AM but didn't realized it and went to work then took and finished it around 230pm. I think I scored an 85 if my math is correct according to the number correct out of 30.

The email says "If you pass this assessment, you will qualify for our valued scholarship to earn the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Cyber Ops certification"

However, another portion of the email says "FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS".

So, I guess yeah you may pass it but depending on what number you were to take it, then you are either in luck or out. So a person scoring 83 whom takes it today may get in while a person scoring 100%, yet, doesn't realize he has the email and takes in 4 days from now may not get in.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP: R&S
    Interesting that they are quizzing you on Linux and Windows . I looked at the blueprint and found a section for "Host based analysis" which makes up 19% of the exam. So that must be why.

Code:
    1.0 Network Concepts

12%
    2.0 Security Concepts 17%
    3.0 Cryptography 12%
    4.0 Host Based Analysis 19%
    5.0 Security Monitoring 19%
    6.0 Attack Methods 21%

Will be interesting to see how this all pans out in the future. I'm guessing the NA Cyber Ops will be easy-mode Linux and Windows but NP and IE will go much deeper, but hopefully not too deep since I have no interest in becoming a sys admin.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    ASC,CCNA R&S ,CCDA, CHFI, CEH, CCNA SEC, CCAI, CCNP R&S
    I dont think there will be an IE CyberOps......

but hopefully not too deep since I have no interest in becoming a sys admin.
    A good sys admin, a good!, knows where to look for incidents so it will cross some stuff
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member Moldygr33nb3an's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, CSA+, CASP, CEHv9, CCNET, CCNA R&S
    Completed the assessment as well. They stated they will notify you in a few days after passing the assessment - which wasn't that hard.
    Working on: CCNA - Security

All your certifications are belong to us.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA: R&S, Security, CyberOps; CompTIA: A+, N+, S+, L+, P+; MTA, MCP, ITIL Foundation, CIW DDS
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeyeLlama View Post
    I got the assessment invite early this morning as well. I ended up with a score of 28.5/30.

The questions were not advanced material, and some were a bit sloppy. I had one with some incorrect terminology and one that was half incorrect based on CCNA Security material. At least one other seemed to be intentional nonsense.
    This. A subject matter expert should've checked the questions and answers
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member

Certifications
    A+,N+,S+,Cloud Ess,Cloud+/MCSA Sec/CCNA,CCNA SP Ops,CCDP/JNCIA-Junos|IDP,JNCDA,JNCIS-ENT|SA|WLAN|QF/ITIL Found/CloudU/CWTS,CWNA
    I took an assessment the same day I received an e-mail from Cisco. It was last Thursday (08.09.2016). Today I received the following information from Cisco:
    Because of the intense interest in the scholarship program, there have been many test takers and thus a lot of results to review and analyze. By the end of October, we will let you know if there is availability in the program based on your results and student demand. Your studies will come in time for the upcoming release of the CCNA Cyber Ops curriculum.
    So I still need to wait around 1.5 months for final verdict.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. U shud know u're frm IT!! yuddhidhtir's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSA,MCP,MCTS Exchange 2007
    Received the same email.
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    MS in Security Information, Sec+,A+, Server+, Network+, Certified Network Defense Profesional (CNDP), Certified Cybercrime Forensic Investigator
    I just signed today, hope to get in and receive the desired mail, if I'm not late!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Member

Certifications
    Botch OCGs are now listed at amazon.

ETA March / April 2017
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA Security, Security+, Network+
    Anyone received further feedback after the assessment? Still waiting to see if accepted or not.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA: R&S, Security, CyberOps; CompTIA: A+, N+, S+, L+, P+; MTA, MCP, ITIL Foundation, CIW DDS
    Quote Originally Posted by drfager View Post
    Anyone received further feedback after the assessment? Still waiting to see if accepted or not.
    Still awaiting here as well.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Member

Certifications
    They said end october begin of november =)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNP R&S, CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec
    Got an email from Cisco this morning saying I have made it to the next phase which looks like another online questionnaire to complete before Monday 31st and then if successful I will be told by mid Nov.

**Update**

The final questionnaire is just to confirm some details name, email and what certifications you have either Cisco or other vendor certs and some other basic questions.

I think its going to be a bit of a lottery if you get a place or not now.
    Last edited by neonman; 10-25-2016 at 09:26 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member xxxkaliboyxxx's Avatar

Certifications
    GCIH, C|EH, Sec+, eJPT, SCCC
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Well, got my final qualification e-mail. Already have my certs and plus I'm a veteran.

Looking forward to getting this certificate.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Junior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by neonman View Post
    Got an email from Cisco this morning saying I have made it to the next phase which looks like another online questionnaire to complete before Monday 31st and then if successful I will be told by mid Nov.

**Update**

The final questionnaire is just to confirm some details name, email and what certifications you have either Cisco or other vendor certs and some other basic questions.

I think its going to be a bit of a lottery if you get a place or not now.
    Got the same email. Filled out the questionnaire and am waiting to find out. (Suppose it wont be until after the 31st)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Junior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by jdancer View Post
    Well, got my final qualification e-mail. Already have my certs and plus I'm a veteran.

Looking forward to getting this certificate.
    What start date did you get? I’m hoping to get my confirmation soon.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Junior Member

Certifications
    Anybody get new info? Still waiting on confirmation one way or the other after doing the questionnaire a few weeks ago.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSCS, CCNA, Sec+, Net+
    @drfager I haven't heard anything either.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Member

Certifications
    A+,N+,S+,Cloud Ess,Cloud+/MCSA Sec/CCNA,CCNA SP Ops,CCDP/JNCIA-Junos|IDP,JNCDA,JNCIS-ENT|SA|WLAN|QF/ITIL Found/CloudU/CWTS,CWNA
    I can also confirm I haven't received any updates from Cisco yet. Still waiting ...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Member

Certifications
    One Update....
    There will be another scholarship by spring 2017

BTW: This run has places for 10.000 people.
    So 1000$ per Person.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Junior Member Registered Member
    Dear Samuel,

Congratulations! You have been accepted into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship. We’re glad you have decided to take part in this life-changing opportunity to become valued partners in protecting the Internet from hackers and other criminals. Your expected start date will be between November 30, 2016 and December 9, 2016.

Now that you’ve been selected for the scholarship program, we would like to share some important information with you about the program and what you can expect in the upcoming weeks.

You will have 13 weeks to complete the program.
    The first step in the scholarship program is to take Introduction to Cybersecurity course which will be available between November 30, 2016 and December 9, 2016.
    As part of the Cybersecurity Scholarship program you will be required to take the following courses, in the following order:
    Introduction to Cybersecurity
    Understanding Cybersecurity Fundamentals (SECFND)
    Implementing Cybersecurity Operations (SECOPS)
    Two proctored exams (SECFND and SECOPS) within 13 weeks (Optional)
    We will be sending you everything you need to know on how to get started between November 30, 2016 and December 9, 2016. Cisco looks forward to working with you to help expand your career opportunities. Our certifications are recognized throughout the IT world for their quality and depth. Thanks again for your interest in becoming part of an elite team.

If you have any questions, please contact us at Support Home Page.

Congratulations on your acceptance in the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship Program.

Kind regards,
    Learning@Cisco
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by 2007snj View Post

Congratulations! You have been accepted into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship. We’re glad you have decided to take part in this life-changing opportunity to become valued partners in protecting the Internet from hackers and other criminals. Your expected start date will be between November 30, 2016 and December 9, 2016.

Now that you’ve been selected for the scholarship program, we would like to share some important information with you about the program and what you can expect in the upcoming weeks.

You will have 13 weeks to complete the program.
    The first step in the scholarship program is to take Introduction to Cybersecurity course which will be available between November 30, 2016 and December 9, 2016.
    As part of the Cybersecurity Scholarship program you will be required to take the following courses, in the following order:
    Introduction to Cybersecurity
    Understanding Cybersecurity Fundamentals (SECFND)
    Implementing Cybersecurity Operations (SECOPS)
    Two proctored exams (SECFND and SECOPS) within 13 weeks (Optional)
    We will be sending you everything you need to know on how to get started between November 30, 2016 and December 9, 2016. Cisco looks forward to working with you to help expand your career opportunities. Our certifications are recognized throughout the IT world for their quality and depth. Thanks again for your interest in becoming part of an elite team.

If you have any questions, please contact us at Support Home Page.

Congratulations on your acceptance in the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship Program.

Kind regards,
    Learning@Cisco
    Got the same e-mail. Heh, was hoping it would start next calendar year.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by jdancer View Post
    Got the same e-mail. Heh, was hoping it would start next calendar year.
    It was clearly stated in initial e-mails that it will definitely start in 2016 and we have a short period (13 weeks - correct me if I am wrong) to complete it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 First 123 4 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks